Cill Dara v Fear Manach

Started by Dinny Breen, July 27, 2008, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Avoided the big two so a good draw in that regard. Another 50/50 game, jaysus we have a chance of a quarter-final  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

slow corner back

After a psychologically damaging defeat today plus the loss of Barry Owens from the bench it will take a big effort from fermanagh to bounce back. Kildare, while no great shakes, will be favourites. Is the match in Kildare or at a neutral venue?

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs the match in Kildare or at a neutral venue?

No definitely neutral, would imagine any double header in Croker will include Kildare so that would be my best best..
#newbridgeornowhere

Star Spangler

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 27, 2008, 07:30:43 PM
QuoteIs the match in Kildare or at a neutral venue?

No definitely neutral, would imagine any double header in Croker will include Kildare so that would be my best best..

After the pathetic turnout at Croker for the Wicklow game (which I attended) I doubt if anyone will be suggesting Kildare for a double header there anytime soon!!

Dinny Breen

QuoteAfter the pathetic turnout at Croker for the Wicklow game (which I attended) I doubt if anyone will be suggesting Kildare for a double header there anytime soon!!

Still 20,000, of whom the vast majority of were from Kildare  so is that any more pathetic than the 7000 that turned up to watch Tyrone at home yesterday   ;)

Anyway SS, you as a blow-in know Kildare when winning have a ridiculously big band-wagon with unrealistic expectations, Kildare will travel as usual in good numbers...

#newbridgeornowhere

Gold

Fantastic draw for Fermanagh. The only team of the 4 i tought they would beat after today's performance would be Kildare.

Stop John Doyle and Fermanagh will be back in a Quarter Final
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SCENTOFSAM

sammymaguire

depends on how Fermanagh can pick themselves up after shooting themselves in the head against Armagh...

the Fermanagh management have a tough job on their hands to lift the lads for this game against a bouyant Kildare with McGeeney at the helm

Sunday would benefit Fermanagh giving them an extra day to physically recover from the exertions against Armagh, Saturday would get them back on the pitch that little bit quicker to get that game out of their system.

this may be the toss of a coin
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

D4S

Fermanagh will be glad to have avoided the ulster 3.  They would have wanted Kildare and then down as a second choice.  I'd say the double header in croker will be tyrone v mayo and kerry v monaghan!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

sammymaguire

any ideas or suggestions where this Fermanagh game will be played?

Navan possibly?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

inisceithleann

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 28, 2008, 09:13:00 AM

any ideas or suggestions where this Fermanagh game will be played?

Navan possibly?

Could be Navan, but possibly Breffni Park
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

lynchbhoy

Hope Breffni or Navan open up the big carparks to be able to cater for them big 4x4 Kildare/chelsea tractors!
(and occasional caravan) !

sammymaguire

well Fermanagh, does anyone feel confident about picking ourselves up, dusting ourselves off and having a good rattle at kildare next weekend?

Will people head off to support Fermanagh as they will need the fans to turn out in a show of support although I know many people won't/can't be going following yesterday
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

brokencrossbar1

In th event of Kildare beating Fermanagh ( which I think they will)  what odds on Armagh v Kildare in th 1/4's.  I am not saying that the balls will be frozen to identify them, but can you imagine the marketing value behind that game.  It wouldn't just be the Dubs who would need a stand alone game to fill Croker!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2008, 01:10:04 PM
In th event of Kildare beating Fermanagh ( which I think they will)  what odds on Armagh v Kildare in th 1/4's.  I am not saying that the balls will be frozen to identify them, but can you imagine the marketing value behind that game.  It wouldn't just be the Dubs who would need a stand alone game to fill Croker!
ah yes
and the advertising slogan could go along the lines of
'smugglers v gamblers' showdown !
:D ;)