Cill Dara v Fear Manach

Started by Dinny Breen, July 27, 2008, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryownsafarm

Word on the street is that its a double header in Croke Park.

Fermanagh v Kildare
Monaghan v Kerry

Fermanagh match potentially on Sunday at 2 p.m.

It will help us if it is in Croker as it will give the boys a bit of a lift.  To be honest Tyrone may have been the best draw we could have gotton as that game would def. get the boys blood pumpin!

I don't know to much about Kildare but i'd be very disappointed if we didn't win this game

sammymaguire

I understand the reasons behind your thinking and this is not the best Tyrone team of recent years however, I think getting away from the hustle of Ulster after the least couple of weeks is the best possible draw our lads could have got regardless of where the game will be played becuase this gives them a great opportunity to wipe the board clean and show the GAA world that we have a team to be reckoned with (well a few forwards at least)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Denn Forever

So Dinny, who will be favouritea here as I will basing my support on who is the bigger Underdog?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

orangeman

Fermanagh should win this one.

sammymaguire

problem is orangeman, we should've beaten Armagh too!!  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Dinny Breen

QuoteSo Dinny, who will be favouritea here as I will basing my support on who is the bigger Underdog?

Fermanagh of course, they've beaten Derry and Monaghan and drew with the All-Ireland 3rd favourites Armagh. Kildare have lost to Wicklow and beat a poor Cavan and a now seemingly a vastly over-rated Limerick.

Actually if this game was anywhere other than Croke Park I would have made us as favourites, momentum and freshness but Croke is a terrible venue for us, last won there in 2005 against Westmeath, since then we have lost Laois, to the Biffos in the Blood Sub game, Donegal and Meath last year and Wicklow this year, throw in an u21 Leinster final replay and it really has become a theatre of nightmares for Kildare supporters.

Fermanagh are well organised and committed, if Kildare can break down there defence with quick ball in I think we can get enough scores to win as although our defence is fragile Fermangh's lack of a serious free taker means we could get away with been more physical than we normally are, if only it wasn't in CP  :-[

PP

Ferm 8/11
Kildare 6/4

#newbridgeornowhere

Maguire01

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 28, 2008, 06:44:00 PM
QuoteSo Dinny, who will be favouritea here as I will basing my support on who is the bigger Underdog?

Fermanagh of course, they've beaten Derry and Monaghan and drew with the All-Ireland 3rd favourites Armagh. Kildare have lost to Wicklow and beat a poor Cavan and a now seemingly a vastly over-rated Limerick.

Exactly. Despite Fermanagh's poor forward section and the fact that all of their goals this year have been pretty flukey, they should have enough for Kildare, if they have the heart after yesterday.
The good thing here is that both Monaghan and Fermanagh crowds should get behind each other, so we'll have a big 16th (green white and blue) man!

ExiledGael

True Maguire even the Kildare ones will hardly support Kerry. Potential to be a cracking day.

Gold

are tickets on general sale?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Maguire01

Not yet, but they will be - probably tomorrow:
http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004056A7985778?artistid=962273&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=229

I doubt there'll be any problem with supply for this.

sammymaguire

hopefully the Grab All Association will keep the prices sensible so it doesn't deter the fans from attending the games in our current economic climate... €20 for the hill €25 for seats is plenty
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Roy

Mc Geeney has Kildare fighting to the end, a trait of his own and a trait of fermanaghs.  What have the titanic battles against Armagh shown us about Fermanagh.  That they have tremendous character, tremendous defensive and midfield ability but it stops there.  They will win an Ulster next year if they sort the forward problems out.  Could Croke Park let them open up their game in the final third.  I think Kildare are probably Leinsters third best team and I cant see them, beating Ulsters second best.  Ill tip Fermanagh but it depends on whether its a case of how much Armagh took from them as opposed to how much Armagh taught them.     

sammymaguire

McGeeney is only in it down there for the money! It is alleged he has been offered a lucrative package by some big shot and shares in a race horse (or number of racehorses....) You can't doubt the man's ability on a football field but his love and passion for Kildare GAA....
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 29, 2008, 08:54:46 AM

hopefully the Grab All Association will keep the prices sensible so it doesn't deter the fans from attending the games in our current economic climate... €20 for the hill €25 for seats is plenty
€30 for full price tickets. €5 for juvenile tickets. All seating tickets. Hill 16 must be through the boards, if they're opening it at all - Ticketmaster only has seating.
Considering tickets were €27 for crap seating in Clones on Sunday, for essentially one crap match, i think €30 is just about okay for HQ with 2 senior matches.

Any guesses on likely attendance?