Darren Fay & Graham Geraghty........

Started by thejuice, July 21, 2008, 10:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Slow down lads - take a few deep breaths and get back on board in an appropriate way. ;)

his holiness nb

Tankie, stop trying to defend him, he was way out of order.

Fair play to Darren and Graham, great servants to Meath football, in fact to the GAA, not just Meath football.

Funny story, his holiness was wheeling his holiness junior through the isles in Tescos in Navan yesterday morning. Dublin jersey on for the big game and who should we see approaching but Mr Geraghty himself (wearing a bright pink polo top I might add). Just on approaching his holiness junior let out a wee belch. His holiness laughed at this and Mr Geraghty rolled his eyes at the laughter. I think he thought the laugh was directed at himself.

Not so Graham, fair play and thanks for the memories.
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 21, 2008, 01:10:02 PM
Tankie, stop trying to defend him, he was way out of order.

Fair play to Darren and Graham, great servants to Meath football, in fact to the GAA, not just Meath football.

Funny story, his holiness was wheeling his holiness junior through the isles in Tescos in Navan yesterday morning. Dublin jersey on for the big game and who should we see approaching but Mr Geraghty himself (wearing a bright pink polo top I might add). Just on approaching his holiness junior let out a wee belch. His holiness laughed at this and Mr Geraghty rolled his eyes at the laughter. I think he thought the laugh was directed at himself.

Not so Graham, fair play and thanks for the memories.

It was a joke for auld times sake. Alot worse was said on this board two weeks ago but Gnevin get banned? bullshite if you ask me.
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Claw

Darren was and is my favourite player over the last 12 or so years that he has been playing with Meath. Even last year, he was neck and neck with Barry Owens as the best full back in the country. I used to marvel at how he would get a hand in everytime, something a casual fan would not fully appreciate the difficulty of. He has curbed some of the best in the game and fought hard when the same cannot be said for those around him.

As for Graham, what can you say? An enigma, a phenomenon, a genius. What an athlete, what confidence, what a player. Such athleticm the way, even at 32 he was burning the Dubs in 04. Even at 35 against Wexford this year, took off and buried the goal.

Graham and Darren, you will both be sorely missed.

heffo

Two of the outstanding footballers of the last ten or so years - they'll be sorely missed - pity they had to go out on a low like that.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on July 21, 2008, 12:47:45 PM
we'd be certainly open for getting communication from solicitors on the subject, were we to take no action.
Believe me, we've received such contact for lesser topics before, hence the rule about people's personal lives, and any attempt to blacken their name on here.

Is there any case precedence for such action against a message board?
By the very nature of a public forum, it has to be accepted that at any given point in time libelous material might appear on the site. That being held as true, surely the message board hosting entity can only be deemed complicit by failure to comply with some notional service level agreement - remove offensive posts within reasonable timeframes etc.. Would anyone actually want to take action on such subjective grounds? 'GAA Board don't employ the full time resources to remove Mr x's post....'
In the GAA Board's case, who would charges be raised against? I understood it to be a collection of unrelated volunteers moderating this site on a part time basis - can they really be held accountable for John from Longford's published musings on David Beckham's sexuality?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

AZOffaly

Several GAA fora have been closed down, temporarily or permanently because of material posted on it by users.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2008, 03:50:41 PM
Several GAA fora have been closed down, temporarily or permanently because of material posted on it by users.

As a result of moderator / host paranoia, or legal action being brought to bear? I'm just curious to see if this line of argument has been actualized in court.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Tankie

Gnevins case would never have got of the table, there was nothing there but a bit of fun and a picture!
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

No idea if it has been tested in court, but I'd say it's a fair assumption that the owner of such a site, which is a voluntary idea set up to allow eeejits like us talk about the GAA, is willing to put his finances on the line defending an action like that. A threat of legal action is probably enough to get the board shot down.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 03:58:00 PM
Gnevins case would never have got of the table, there was nothing there but a bit of fun and a picture!

Don't talk scutter Tankie. We all know what he was referring to/insinuating.

lynchbhoy

two great players , and best of luck to them

However Hardy, I thought Fay was a decent full back , but thats about it.
Meath fans never got to see the best of him as he was the best CHB in the county after Harnan retired - by some way .
Its just that meath didnt have a full back so he got parachuted in there in a bit of a panicky move (according to then meath selector M.Lyons)

Hardy

What was wrong with him as a full back, lb?

Tankie

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2008, 03:59:37 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 03:58:00 PM

Don't talk scutter Tankie. We all know what he was referring to/insinuating.

it was a bit of banter and alot less serious than than the proposed trampling to death of Dublin kids just because a throw in was delayed! Now that was a banning offence if u ask me.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Two great servants for Meath, and two individuals who have caused people from every other county in Ireland to have had a less than dreamily placid and serene night's sleep at some point or other. Good luck to them, many's an inspiration they've given to many a young aspirant, both from within and without the Royal county.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...