Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Jaysus you're just a conveyor belt of it, Colm Cavanagh was holding his face as was Sean when down with their shoulder injuries,
natural reaction in many cases.... No? but then you'd have to remove the blinkers or the tinted glasses to admit such things.
Which great County are you from again? ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

orangeman

Any updates on Sean and Colm ?

Sean would be a big miss - Colm less so.

Puckoon

Tommy McGuigan and Enda McGinely really starred today. Tommy seems to have talent in abundance - but does anyone else think he appears to just saunter through games? Maybe thats just the measure of his talent that he rarely looks like he is busting a gut. That point over his left shoulder in the first half was superb.

Davy lost a bit of ball today, Ricey was everywhere - even before the sendings off. Had we lost that game today I might have had a stab at re-writing the rule book myself. PJ Quinn was comfortable on the ball - but a better full forward line might have caused us trouble today.

O'Neill said before the game that Kerry would be a good draw - and im inclined to agree - but not without Sean Mor.

Heard rumblings of Stephen O'Neill in dialogue with Mickey Harte - anyone hear anything more substantial than this?

INDIANA

i think tyrone should hope for wexford based on today. kerry and mayo would take them on current form. fermanagh/armagh probably would as well. stephen O Neill simply hasn't been replaced and with mulligan and mulgrew on the bench, hard to see them doing anything.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2008, 09:04:45 PM
i think tyrone should hope for wexford based on today. kerry and mayo would take them on current form. fermanagh/armagh probably would as well. stephen O Neill simply hasn't been replaced and with mulligan and mulgrew on the bench, hard to see them doing anything.

I think Tyrone could compete with Wexford, Mayo and losers of tomorrow's game. Kerry would be a bridge too far.

full back

Good result for the Tyronies & although their shot selection was sh1t I cant see them doing the same next day out.
Sean Cav was having a superb game until his injury & it would be a major worry if he is missing.
A few handy frees kept W/Meath in the game in the first half, with the Tyrone fullback line having every right to feel agrieved.
Gormley had a steady enough game.
Mc Ginley had a great second half.
Ricey was at his usual sh1t on a few occasions - think it was Smith that was down on the ground in the 1st half and he kicked at him (now there was no power in it at all & it may not have touched him) but why is he still at this oul sh1te. He also put the knee into a player in the 2nd half ::)
T Mc Guigan had some super scores (why didnt he start against Down? )
ONeill & Mulligan would help the forwards out no end

time ticking away

I think today was a good day for Tyrone

Justy showed he may be an excellent full back

Ricey and Conor Gormley gave their best displays of the year so far

Midfield showed they can compete {although Westmeath weren't great in midfield)

and Brian Mc Guigan is definately getting there.

We need ball winners in the full forward line though.

I would love to get Kerry but maybe next week might just be too soon
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

INDIANA

i think the 4th sunday in september would be too soon, if mickey harte pulls this off he should be canonised, can't see them winning sam.

time ticking away

you could be right but i think we have a decent outside chance
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

dodo

Quote from: Minder on July 26, 2008, 07:54:20 PM
Dooher should be embarrassed when he sees the footage of his reaction to getting a dig in the guts from the westmeath player,he deserved to go but Dooher ensured he did.

Wonder how he would react to a kick from a bullock at work ? !!

Tyrones own

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2008, 09:41:15 PM
i think the 4th sunday in september would be too soon, if mickey harte pulls this off he should be canonised, can't see them winning sam.

I not so sure Kerry instill the same fear without Galvin and O'Sullivan, D O'Shea doesn't seem to have
70 mins in him at this level either, the one test they had in heated battle this year against Cork.. well we saw
what happened, Pat O'Shea hasn't impressed either.
With those two missing it might just bring them down to everyone else's level imo.
Bring them on :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2008, 09:41:15 PM

One game at a time ! But Tyrone won't go far with this team. Simply not good enough. Hope they get a good run but can't see them getting to the final stages.

Over the Bar

QuoteOne game at a time ! But Tyrone won't go far with this team. Simply not good enough. Hope they get a good run but can't see them getting to the final stages.

Ach sure we spanked all the big asses and won Sam in '05 with a similar makeshift team........breakin records along the way.....even with the referees agin us....

orangeman

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 26, 2008, 11:41:39 PM
QuoteOne game at a time ! But Tyrone won't go far with this team. Simply not good enough. Hope they get a good run but can't see them getting to the final stages.

Ach sure we spanked all the big asses and won Sam in '05 with a similar makeshift team........breakin records along the way.....even with the referees agin us....

At this stage we had lost the Ulster final replay, stolen from us by Michael Collins, Cork but most fans knew that we'd be around in August and September and so it proved.

2008 is entirely different - the team has no Stephen O'Neill, Canavan etc etc - a lot of players have lost form and time is running out.

tyroneman

Re Stephen O'Neill - story doing the rounds is that Mickey (allegedley) went to the school in Gortin where SON teaches to speak to him and got very short shrift indeed.

SON will not be back this year by alll accounts.