Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I just hope Tyrone don't get too over confidence over the win yesterday against Louth and believe they are better than they are. If that happens, Westmeath have the game won.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Compacency won't be a factor here - Westmeath present a tough challenge - it's a good tie to have at home - If Westmeath were at home they'd be favourites  - Tyrone at home will be slight favourites in my book.

ziggysego

I don't mean compacency over Westmeath. Compacency over the manner of their win over Louth.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

The manner of the win over Louth was nothing to get complacent about. Twas very rusty in parts and we were beaten in the second half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

Even your denials of complacency have an air of complacency about them....... Its as if ye think the Westmeath lads are too thick to see through it.

Tyrone think they will thump Westmeath in fortress Omagh. Make no mistake about it.

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 09:01:21 PM
Even your denials of complacency have an air of complacency about them....... Its as if ye think the Westmeath lads are too thick to see through it.

Tyrone think they will thump Westmeath in fortress Omagh. Make no mistake about it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

INDIANA

If i were tyrone i'd tread bloody carefully, westmeath are damn close to being serious contenders. if flanagan and duffy were fit, they'd be quietly fancied by a lot of people.Tyrone to win, just.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2008, 09:06:15 PM
If i were tyrone i'd tread bloody carefully, westmeath are damn close to being serious contenders. if flanagan and duffy were fit, they'd be quietly fancied by a lot of people.Tyrone to win, just.

Are they fit ?

ziggysego

Why, you interested orangeman? ;)
Testing Accessibility

redhandluke

Enough already,

Westmeath are a second-tier team as shown against Dublin - canidates foe a quick return to Div 1B next season.

Tyrone will win next week IF they do the following:-
Rock at CHB;
McGee in the stand where he cannot foul and give away easy frees;
Dooher to up his work-rate - disappointment so far this season;
Cav at MF - his best position;
Justin McMahan at FB to mark Glennon - needed for his speed;
Tyrone need to operate with two forwards to act as sweepers - to counteract Glennon and Dolan

My initial thoughts so far.......

orangeman

Quote from: redhandluke on July 20, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
Enough already,

Westmeath are a second-tier team as shown against Dublin - canidates foe a quick return to Div 1B next season.

Rock at CHB;
Tyrone need to operate with two forwards to act as sweepers - to counteract Glennon and Dolan

My initial thoughts so far.......

Harsh on Mc Gee who is a real terrier !  ;)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMy initial thoughts so far.......

Following that tour-de-f**kin force of tactical genius we await your further thoughts with bated breath....

redhandluke

Orangeman,

don't agree - he constantly gives away frees - I was at the game yesterday and when he came on he gave away 4 scoreable free - off which 2 were converted.

It appears to be en-grained in his mentality unfortunately  :( :( :(

Zulu

Quote from: redhandluke on July 20, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
Enough already,

Rock at CHB;
Tyrone need to operate with two forwards to act as sweepers - to counteract Glennon and DolanMy initial thoughts so far.......

2 forwards as sweepers!!! Jesus with WM getting 12 lads behind the ball as well there might be no scores in the game, might be just as easy to toss a coin  to decide the winner.

ONeill

Agree concerning McGee (and Carlin) but I thought Dooher's workrate was surpassed by no-one yesterday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.