Laois v Down

Started by Down Gael, July 20, 2008, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superblues

can not see this been overturned was sitting pretty close to were it happened and its hard to say if Dan connected  but he did throw the head it was a stupid thing to do but in the heat off the moment you do stupid things he will be some miss next week whoever we get what about Paul Murphy in midfield

Our Nail Loney

General consensus seems to be that it won't be overturned then. You're right superblues it will be an enormous miss, down's best player this summer by a mile.

dodgy umpire

ross said he deserved to go... i doubt he believes this, perhaps he didnt want to critisize the referee in the hope it would boost the chances of a successful appeal?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 27, 2008, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: amallon on July 27, 2008, 04:00:01 AM
We'd have been robbed if we'd lost this one.

How so?

The dirty laois midfielder tried to ruin dans all star this year

The Real Laoislad

Totally gutted after that yesterday,At the very least i thought we deserved to take it to extra time...
We were down by 11 points at one stage,Lost by two and this was after hitting the crossbar with a great run and shot by Sheenan,Having a clear as day penalty not awarded to us and MJ Teriney missing a goal chance right at the end when it was easier to score a goal than a point..
I think it's time for Keirns to go,I don't care what some posters here harp on about what he done for Limerick he has brought a very talented Laois team backwards in his two years in charge..How he thought about putting Rooney onto Coulter yesterday was mind boggling,and when he finally got it right and brought on Timmons it was too late..
We only have ourselves to blame though,9 points behind at half time was too much of a mountain to climb even though at least we showed some great pride and passion in the second half..
The sending off was completely deserved IMHO and i heard the Down manager say the same thing in a interview afterwards
As i said complete gutted and i really thought we at least deserved to get to extra time..

Also and I'm sure the Down fellas will agree as he was as bad for both teams but that Ref from Longford was the very worst i have ever seen,Some shocking decisions against both teams

I wish Down all the best in the rest of the Championship
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

Ahhhh Longford Refs.
We know all about them esp John Galway Bannon  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2008, 11:22:06 AM
good win for down but without gordon and mc comiskey they need to draw wexford , or its likely to be end game. Donie Kingston must be football's version of Joe Canning, i mean has anyone at 17 years of age made such an impact. Thye'll have some job keeping the Aussies away from him. Had Laois picked the right team they may have won. The non-selection of o loughlin,munnelly and tierney was crazy. I put a big punt on down during the week when i saw the laois selection. Could't believe it.
Kingston was immense
I don't agree leaving Munnelly out was crazy though as he hasn't been preforming well at all for the last few seasons,and Tierney has been niggled with injuries all year and wasn't full;y match fit..I did think O'Loughlin deserved a starting place though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 27, 2008, 04:52:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 27, 2008, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: amallon on July 27, 2008, 04:00:01 AM
We'd have been robbed if we'd lost this one.

How so?

The dirty laois midfielder tried to ruin dans all star this year

Well maybe he shouldn't have hit him then
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

What was the craic with having to queue up beside the turnstiles to buy a ticket, then queue up again to enter through the turnstiles??! bizarre.

Laoislad you seem to have left out the goal that was disallowed for Down in the first half for a supposed 'throw ball' that never was.

Laois showed good heart and determination to get back in the match, but a down win was the fair and just result.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

INDIANA

very talented is overstated mate. Those Laois players can't seem to play for any manager. from tom cribben to mick o dwyer to liam kearns, its always the managers fault. I don't think you've got enough ability. perhaps if begley,tuohy and meredith stayed at home you might. But God himself couldn;t train that laois team. Bottom line is those laois players think they are an awful lot better than they are.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on July 27, 2008, 05:18:34 PM
What was the craic with having to queue up beside the turnstiles to buy a ticket, then queue up again to enter through the turnstiles??! bizarre.

Laoislad you seem to have left out the goal that was disallowed for Down in the first half for a supposed 'throw ball' that never was.

Laois showed good heart and determination to get back in the match, but a down win was the fair and just result.

You mean the Down "goal" where the ref blew about ten minutes before he put the ball into the net after everyone had stopped playing bar your man who scored?
Come on you can hardly call that a disallowed goal  ::)

As for it being a fair an just result,Well i can't really argue with that as Down did win the match and i would look like a sore loser no matter what i said,I do think we deserved at least extra time though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2008, 05:21:45 PM
very talented is overstated mate. Those Laois players can't seem to play for any manager. from tom cribben to mick o dwyer to liam kearns, its always the managers fault. I don't think you've got enough ability. perhaps if begley,tuohy and meredith stayed at home you might. But God himself couldn;t train that laois team. Bottom line is those laois players think they are an awful lot better than they are.

Thats your opinion and your more than entitled to it..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteJust saw the highlights. Terrible decision by the ref. Terrible poor form from Clancy.

Would agree with ya there. Gordon was very unlucky, ok there's a slight movement of the head but there's  no contact and you couldn't say with any certainty that there was intent to do anything more than shoulder. Be a pity for him to have to miss 1, or possibly 2 crucial championship matches over an incident like that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SCENTOFSAM

Was at the wrong side of the pitch yesterday to see theClancy incident but on viewing it tonight he should be ashamed of himself. Dans ill discipline has been costly over the years but he was on the wrong end of a terrible decision here. Clancy should have the book thrown at him as should any one who feigns contact like this.
That aside I was never happy with defence even at 9 pts up but thought Turley and Howard were immense  when most needed.
Its also time to say Thanks, Jackie but your time is up. we cannot suffer another display like that, so riddled with such basic handling errors.
But if Gordon does not get card over turned what are the option for midfield. ? Colgan. Or is there a bigger problem here? Declan Rooney who would not have the necessary games under his belt this year. ? Turley or murphy, but these guys would be crucial to the defense.
Any chance of Marty Clarke having a wee break at home next weekend