Laois v Down

Started by Down Gael, July 20, 2008, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Gael

Would have prefered a home draw, but it could have been worse.

orangeman

Down will be very happy with this.

stiffler

Will this game be at 7 next saturday night?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Zulu

After last nights games it's hard to see anything but a Down win, however if Laois play to their potential they are well capable of winning it. Nevertheless with rumours of trouble in the Laois camp persisting I'll do for Down.

orangeman

Quote from: stiffler on July 20, 2008, 06:57:59 PM
Will this game be at 7 next saturday night?

One of them will be on TV - It could be Laois and Down - maybe Tyrone and Westmeath - the televised game will be at 5pm

Maguire01

Hard to see anything other than a Down win, but again they have to travel for it. If they scored even half of what they scored last night, they would probably win this.
At the same time, Laois will probably be encouraged by the home draw, and we all know that Down's qualifier record is poor.

Down will be the happiest with this draw. Down fans haven't had as many days out in years!

Dubh driocht

Surely Donegal Monaghan is the big tie- however, as Monaghan were on TV3 on Saturday it may be our game.Hope so as I will be away - damnation.

The Real Laoislad

Very happy with that draw,I didn't fancy a long drive next weekend so it's great that its at home
Could have been far worse of a game to get,Laois are more than capable of winning this
You'll Never Walk Alone.

OnTheLine

It'll be a long oul drive after last night's trek... However, could've been worse (for both teams...) and it will be a good measure of how far we've come on under Ross & DJ

stiffler

Either team could win this one, should be a close enough affair.

If its a draw will it go straight to extra time?

Whats the stadium like in Portlaoise?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on July 20, 2008, 07:20:23 PM
Either team could win this one, should be a close enough affair.

If its a draw will it go straight to extra time?

Whats the stadium like in Portlaoise?

Portlaoise is a fine stadium..Parking can be a bit of a nightmare though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

This match could really go either way, not buying into this after last night down will be hot favourites bullshit, laois have a better record of late, are above them ni the league and have home advantage.

Hopfully Down will have enough though, whats laois' midfield like?? Any match for big dan?!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 20, 2008, 07:43:35 PM
This match could really go either way, not buying into this after last night down will be hot favourites bullshit, laois have a better record of late, are above them ni the league and have home advantage.

Hopfully Down will have enough though, whats laois' midfield like?? Any match for big dan?!

Laois midfield were cleaned out of it last night v Longford..I would imagine Clancy will be back for this so i'd expect it to be Clancy with either Quigley/O'Loughlin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

Wat about the lads who got the all stars have they quit or what?

Really showing myself up here, I pay f**k all atention really outside of ulster!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 20, 2008, 07:47:34 PM
Wat about the lads who got the all stars have they quit or what?

Really showing myself up here, I pay f**k all atention really outside of ulster!!

3 allstars were Fergal Byron,Joe Higgins and Tom Kelly
Byron has retired,Higgins and Kelly both retired but had a change of heart
Kelly could have stayed retired going on his recent displays,Higgins was injured for last night but hopefully will be back for next weekend
You'll Never Walk Alone.