Attacls on OWC now bringing tangible and valuable rewards

Started by T Fearon, July 10, 2008, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

I'm still wondering what that gap in 'Irish soccer' is that you are trying to bridge is Tony ;)

You were very clever to claim that a substantial number of Unionists wish to see sport depoliticised. However, you did not claim that they would wish to see an all Ireland football team.  Spin New Labour would have been proud of.

Interesting that you didn't mention the FAI in your letter.  I wonder what their views on an all Ireland team would be?  Similar to the IFA I would imagine. Since it was the FAI who divided Irish football in the first place.

You were obviously getting to the desperate stage when you sited a reason for unity being that Windsor Park needs updated or replaced, because 'it wasn't fit to host the National team'

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2008, 10:12:05 AM
If you haven't read it why do you preume to even pass comment? The letter is nothing more than a rational attempt to outline the folly of the partition of Irish soccer which is harming instead of advancing the game on this island and the fact that the IFA are the sole advocates of maintaining this ridiculous situation. Every one on this island knows this to be the case and it will do no harm to appraise the wider soccer loving community throughout Britain and Europe, as well.

I commented on your ridiculous post, not your letter.
If I read your letter I will comment on it too if I disagree.

Main Street

You guys get so wound up you miss the intricacies of Tony's language.

"that the letter was deemed the best  by the Editor", "(which implies that the points contained therein are entirely factual and valid)"

Nifan you wrote
"So anything published by an editor is factual. Good call tony, no flies on you."

Obviously Tony did not say that.

A prize letter with the editors stamp of approval carries with it an aura of authenticity over its content.
It's a hole in one. Tony hits the bullseye again.

nifan

I dont agree that it implies "that the points contained therein are entirely factual and valid". It implies that the editor thought the letter well written, and at least an interesting perspective, but I doubt they would have checked the "facts" as tony calls them.

Editors have made many mistakes over the years, I dont think that the choosing of a letter bestows much status on tonys argument. Tony seems to belittle other letters in the media which dont agree with his points at will, even if they have also been granted this "aura"

T Fearon

My letters are a bit like no warning bombs, when you come to think of it (and I don't condone the use of explosive materiasl under any circumstances, with or without prior warnings). You never know when one will happen, but they cause outrage and leave streams of devastation in their aftermath. Thankfully though there the comparison ends, as my letters have not killed anyone, well not that I know of anyway.

nifan

Also no-one has ever been sent an immaculately hand written letter to congratulate him for planting a bomb.

T Fearon

Good point. Also no one is stopped constantly on the street to be congratulated for planting a bomb, as happens to me on an almost daily basis for the quality of my epistle writing ;D

No doubt there will be inane responses from the OWC crowd in next month's FFT, ridiculing me etc, but none will actually counter the points I make, because as true facts, they cannot be countered

Chrisowc

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2008, 12:05:56 PM
Good point. Also no one is stopped constantly on the street to be congratulated for planting a bomb, as happens to me on an almost daily basis for the quality of my epistle writing ;D

No doubt there will be inane responses from the OWC crowd in next month's FFT, ridiculing me etc, but none will actually counter the points I make, because as true facts, they cannot be countered

You don't need to wait for next month's FourFourTwo Tony.  There are a few unaddressed posts in this very thread.

his holiness nb

Tony will you just post your mp3 to Chris? he seems very put out by all this  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Hmmm - crudely constructed propaganda weapons, indiscriminately disseminated, perpetrated by a delusional crank, filled with sectarian hatred, who's so fanatical he has invented a cause in which in his own mind he becomes the chief protagonist. He fantasises the endorsement of imagined supporters and fails to understand that normal people are drop-jawed in horror at the thought of the next atrocity he may commit.

Yeah, I'd agree. Pretty much like no-warning bombs.

Chrisowc

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on July 11, 2008, 02:09:57 PM
perpetrated by a delusional crank, filled with sectarian hatred,
How can you say that  :o
some of Tony's most respected acquaintances are rabid Drumcree Orangemen,
I'm sure he holds no ill will towards a Blueshirt either.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2008, 09:35:56 AM
Is it not true that the only obstacle to an All Ireland soccer side emanates from the IFA?

Joined only by FIFA, UEFA, the FAI, most football fans in Northern Ireland, most international players in the Northern Ireland and the Republic squads who would not be sure of their place in the squad and anyone with a titter of wit. No-one important then.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Solomon Kane on July 11, 2008, 04:49:04 PM
Is it not true that the only obstacle to an All Ireland soccer side emanates from the IFA?

Joined only by FIFA, UEFA, the FAI, most football fans in Northern Ireland, most international players in the Northern Ireland and the Republic squads who would not be sure of their place in the squad and anyone with a titter of wit. No-one important then.

Jaysus Solomon, you must be the last one here still taking his comments seriously!
Ask me holy bollix

Solomon Kane

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 11, 2008, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: Solomon Kane on July 11, 2008, 04:49:04 PM

Jaysus Solomon, you must be the last one here still taking his comments seriously!

My bad ;D ;D