Muineachán v Doire 19/20 July

Started by screenexile, June 30, 2008, 09:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

fair enough. could have sworn he was taken of earlier. but apparently not. but he was definitely injured, of that i am certain. fergal doherty will always hold his own against any midfielder in ireland, and would never be substituted if not carrying an injury.

donelli

From a Monaghan perspective, i think this was the worst draw we could have got (well probably the game being played in celtic park would have been possibly that bit worse).
Unfortunatley, i see a defeat for our boys. Finlay and mcquaid will be big misses. I realise Finlay didnt play in Casement last year, but all things consdered that was Monaghans best performance of the year last and we still only beat derry by a couple of points (and derry reckoned that was their worst performance).

I'd love if i was proved wrong, but i cant see by a derry win.

timmyot501

Game is live on TV3 I hear. That will leave an even smaller crowd.

Maguire01

Quote from: donelli on June 30, 2008, 11:54:02 PM
From a Monaghan perspective, i think this was the worst draw we could have got (well probably the game being played in celtic park would have been possibly that bit worse).
Unfortunatley, i see a defeat for our boys. Finlay and mcquaid will be big misses. I realise Finlay didnt play in Casement last year, but all things consdered that was Monaghans best performance of the year last and we still only beat derry by a couple of points (and derry reckoned that was their worst performance).

I'd love if i was proved wrong, but i cant see by a derry win.
I would have though our best performance last year was v Donegal. Finlay is a bigger loss than McQuaid for this as Derry are strong at midfield. We managed well enough in the league McQuaid's replacements, so we should manage there.
And yes, we only beat Derry by a couple of points last year, but they did get a very soft goal near the end that put a better look on the scoreboard.

thebandit

Can Finlay take his appeal any further?

Will Hunting

What's the likely make-up of the Monaghan team going to be? Will they persist with Vincent Corey at full-forward or will they need him back in defence?

Uladh

I really find it hard to see a monaghan win here. the cards are stacked against them with the suspensions and the stories of unrest between players and management. if they can turn this around and produce a win it'll surpass anything they achieved last year imho.

From a derry perspective, surely there must be a reaction to their failure to perform against fermanagh and a fairly big one. i'd expect any semblence of character and fighting spirit to be chanelled into producing a performace against monaghan.

Bogball XV

Quote from: timmyot501 on July 01, 2008, 12:57:43 PM
not much of derry gets tv3, our travelling support will still be strong!!

Will Hunting

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 01, 2008, 02:25:12 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on July 01, 2008, 12:57:43 PM
Well hopefully there will be more than the 300 that travelled last year, when the game wasn't live on TV at all!!

lloyd christmas

Will be in Majorca for the derry game.Hope some of the bars will be fit till pick up tv3. A Derry victory may add a little merryment to my vacation,its the most likely outcome but i think itl be a close game,a point either way. Although the form of skinner will be an extra weapon we didnt have last year.  Give mceneany something else to ponder.

tbrick18

jaysus a lot of confident Derry posters on here....I read in the paper today that this was the draw from hell for Monaghan. I'd say it is the draw from hell for Derry. I think Derry will really struggle to pull it together for this game. rumour has it all is not well in the camp with players doubting the manager and so forth. OK we will have Doc back...a huge plus for us...but unless we have a game plan I wouldnt be surprised at a repeat fermanagh game for us. Hope I'm wrong, as we have more good players than Monaghan and they are without their star in Finlay, but I'd be a far from confident. We have the  players to win, but not the tactics or gameplan. Monaghan have the gameplan...it will be interesting for a neutral but there'll be some serious nail biting for the respective fans.

Doire Abu!

southderryman

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 01, 2008, 06:45:56 PM
jaysus a lot of confident Derry posters on here....I read in the paper today that this was the draw from hell for Monaghan. I'd say it is the draw from hell for Derry. I think Derry will really struggle to pull it together for this game. rumour has it all is not well in the camp with players doubting the manager and so forth. OK we will have Doc back...a huge plus for us...but unless we have a game plan I wouldnt be surprised at a repeat fermanagh game for us. Hope I'm wrong, as we have more good players than Monaghan and they are without their star in Finlay, but I'd be a far from confident. We have the  players to win, but not the tactics or gameplan. Monaghan have the gameplan...it will be interesting for a neutral but there'll be some serious nail biting for the respective fans.

Doire Abu!

not gonna happen unless we pull a new manager out of somewhere in the next week!

Main Street

For both teams this is the curse of getting whipped by Fermanagh.

I don't like this tie of the round tag, I'd rather we get retired quietly for the year  or sneak in the next round without any fuss.

I don't know how anybody can say with any confidence which team is going to go into the game with the better attitude.
Which rumours are more true?  :)

glenullinabu

Quote from: Uladh on July 01, 2008, 02:20:18 PM
I really find it hard to see a monaghan win here. the cards are stacked against them with the suspensions and the stories of unrest between players and management. if

you wouldnt get that sort of thing in the derry camp ;)

Doire abú

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 01, 2008, 02:25:12 PM

You sure about that? I know the hallions around Screen don't get it, but never heard of anywhere that doesn't get it.