Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2008, 01:38:49 PM
What do the Fermanagh heads think of Keenan? A talented boy but carries the ball into trouble a serious amount of times. The Armagh half backs were gobbling him up.
A very talented footballer.  Was very good at underage level.  Won McRory medals.  Then came 04.  Kicked of the Femanagh panel after an article in the Irish News the week before the Tyrone game in the Ulster Championship.
Obviously has done alot of weights work since that.  Has certainly bulked up quite abit.
Yesterday was his worst game of the year so far.  Usually quite reliable from frees from the right.
Agreed O'Neill he seemed intent on carrying the ball into contact yesterday instead of off loading and going for the return.

The younger brother is a great prospect.

Replay is at 3
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

T Fearon

Nicely placed in second position in the Belfast Telegraph pick the score competition, and have reduced the deficit on the leader by 4 points this week. Actually had the Connaught Final for a draw last week (only a point in it in the end) which would have garnered me 20 points and propelled me into the lead. Already this looks like a three horse race for the £3 Grand, would you bet against me? ;D

It is up to the Umpires to spot square balls not the referees. FFS how hard can this be when all they have to do is stand still for 70 minutes and keep their eyes opened.

holylandsniper

Possible team for next week

McKinney
Mallon Bellew Moriarty
Donaghy/A Kernan A O Rourke C McKeever
P McGrane Toner
Mallon P McKeever M ORourke
McDonnell Clarke S Kernan/T Kernan

People who should be close to loosing out from yesterday - Hearty, A Kernan, C Vernon, B Mallon S Kernan

Cant understand for the life of me how P McDonnell came to put on Oisin.. 1. He aint match fit. 2 He isn't up to playing 30 minutes championship football 3. There are better players to bring on than him. 4. Wrong time to make token substitutions in a Ulster Final in the past i thought otherwise but yesterday we lost the battle of the managers/tacticians as well as other battles on the field.

FermGael

Quote from: T Fearon on July 21, 2008, 02:07:24 PM
Nicely placed in second position in the Belfast Telegraph pick the score competition, and have reduced the deficit on the leader by 4 points this week. Actually had the Connaught Final for a draw last week (only a point in it in the end) which would have garnered me 20 points and propelled me into the lead. Already this looks like a three horse race for the £3 Grand, would you bet against me? ;D

It is up to the Umpires to spot square balls not the referees. FFS how hard can this be when all they have to do is stand still for 70 minutes and keep their eyes opened.

Yes.  You only ever win the weekly prizes in these competitions.  You always run out of steam when it comes to the overall prize ;)
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

bennydorano

Any word of TV coverage yet?  I'm heading on hols on Saturday and wont get.

Uladh

miss_anon

Uladh

Yeah, you can get them on the bbc too. what about tickets?

miss_anon

when do they go on sale? or how do i get some?

T Fearon

Fermgael, you obviously haven't been on this Board for too long. Ask O'Neill who won the BBC predictions comp way back in 2004 with NFL Final Tickets and overnight in the Berkeley Court.

It is Fermanagh who run out of steam in the latter stages not me ;)

PS Anyone else, like me, on this Board,able to claim that they have attended both Armagh Fermanagh Ulster Finals, in 1982 and 2008?

Onion Bag

Quote from: holylandsniper on July 21, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
Possible team for next week

McKinney
Mallon Bellew Moriarty
Donaghy/A Kernan A O Rourke C McKeever
P McGrane Toner
Mallon P McKeever M ORourke
McDonnell Clarke S Kernan/T Kernan

People who should be close to loosing out from yesterday - Hearty, A Kernan, C Vernon, B Mallon S Kernan

Cant understand for the life of me how P McDonnell came to put on Oisin.. 1. He aint match fit. 2 He isn't up to playing 30 minutes championship football 3. There are better players to bring on than him. 4. Wrong time to make token substitutions in a Ulster Final in the past i thought otherwise but yesterday we lost the battle of the managers/tacticians as well as other battles on the field.

Am i the only one that thought B Mallon wasnt 2 bad, he set up both goals, tracked back and at least made an effort,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Heading to Wexford, would you get analogue BBCni there?  Is BBCni on the Sky platform down south?

AZOffaly

Yeah. We even have the electric and all.

balladmaker

QuoteI thought some Armagh players treated Fermanagh with little or no respect and it nearly came back to haunt them.

I thought, in the second half, they treated Fermanagh with too much respect!

Onion Bag

Thats exactly what i was going to say Balladmaker, stood back and watched walk round us in the 2nd half and win every breaking ball
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!