Offaly v Down 19/20 July

Started by Down Gael, June 29, 2008, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Gael

The draw could have been much worse, we should be happy enough with Offaly just hope we pack our shooting boots for the journey south.

orangeman

Dwon should have too much for Offaly.

Pangurban

Best draw we could have hoped for, but, they still have to be beat

dodgy umpire

offaly is not the easiest place to go to, though would be confident of  a win
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ONeill

Definitely a tricky one for Offaly as they'll be thinking they'll take you.

What ye think of McHugh's comments that Down are too proud to play in the qualifiers and need to come down a peg or two. He seemed to be fairly venomous about it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dodgy umpire

usual aul muck from wee mc hugh. was at the game so didnt hear what they were saying, anything else?

ONeill

He said Down had the worst full back line in Ulster and Clarke proffered from it. Also mumbled something about stoops and messing up the '98 rebellion.

dodgy umpire

cheers. as for his comments at this stage i couldnt even be bothered pickin holes in them

Pangurban

Mc Hugh has gone from being a reasonably respected analyst, to now being a sad parody of himself. Think Jarlath Burns is frequently embarrassed to be sitting alongside him

ONeill

In all seriousness, he did seem to lose the run of himself a wee bit during those 30 seconds when he claimed Down were too proud for the qualifiers. Wide eyes et al. Twas like some hangover from the early 90s.

bridgegael

did mchugh call down fans a disgace for supporting their team!!  complete bullshit on his behalf!!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bcarrier

Mc Hugh has now reached the stage where post addressed to Da Bollix, Donegal will get to him.

amallon

Not a bad draw for Down.   Its not easy by any stretch but its winable if Down have the right attitude going into the game.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: amallon on June 30, 2008, 11:25:48 AM
Not a bad draw for Down.   Its not easy by any stretch but its winable if Down have the right attitude going into the game.

They'll still have to watch McNamee...

It'll be tougher than expected, & wouldn't be too surprised if this was a draw / close win for Offally.

amallon

Is Ciaran McManus still playing with Offaly?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.