Started by unforgiven, June 25, 2008, 01:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

wouldn't be too happy to come out of the shop and see this on your car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7472490.stm

Yes I Would

Wonder did she get her lipstick on ok!!

downgirl

Its women like her give us a bad name!!! Stupid bimbo....she has to be blonde...what does she need a jeep for anyway polluting the environment...typical TV mom!!!!!  tighten her for being so stupid like....i only drive a corolla like, but would it not take a fair amount of acceleration to actually drive on top of other cars like that??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZOffaly

A lot of fecking SUV 'drivers', women and men both, do my head in( but it has to be said especially women, and especially in the cities). It's one of the unsavoury aspects of the Celtic Tiger that people seem to feel the need to buy one of these animals, and a lot of them haven't a clue how to drive them. I think they should be made do a different test altogether for SUVs. Let's face it, they can be dangerous because they are big, and high off the ground, and some of the people I've seen driving them wouldn't inspire confidence. They can't park them, can't reverse them, can't see over the bloody steering wheel half the time.

I'm not looking forward to any recession, but at least it might get some of these senseless yokes off the streets.

PS, To all good SUV drivers who can handle them, and either like or need to drive a jeep type car, you are exempt from this rant. It's purely aimed at people who want to drive a big status symbol, but can't fecking drive it.

Billys Boots

QuoteIt's purely aimed at people who want to drive a big status symbol, but can't fecking drive it.

Are there any other kind of people who want to drive them?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 09:14:25 AM
A lot of fecking SUV 'drivers', women and men both, do my head in( but it has to be said especially women, and especially in the cities). It's one of the unsavoury aspects of the Celtic Tiger that people seem to feel the need to buy one of these animals, and a lot of them haven't a clue how to drive them. I think they should be made do a different test altogether for SUVs. Let's face it, they can be dangerous because they are big, and high off the ground, and some of the people I've seen driving them wouldn't inspire confidence. They can't park them, can't reverse them, can't see over the bloody steering wheel half the time.

I'm not looking forward to any recession, but at least it might get some of these senseless yokes off the streets.

PS, To all good SUV drivers who can handle them, and either like or need to drive a jeep type car, you are exempt from this rant. It's purely aimed at people who want to drive a big status symbol, but can't fecking drive it.

Jesus i thought you were Ray Darcy for a second Az he hates them just as much as you
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

whiskeysteve

How do you know it was a woman driver?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 25, 2008, 09:41:39 AM
QuoteIt's purely aimed at people who want to drive a big status symbol, but can't fecking drive it.

Are there any other kind of people who want to drive them?

Well, I suppose some people *can* drive them, and others need SUV type vehicles for farm work etc. People in Ranelagh don't need SUVs.

unforgiven

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 25, 2008, 09:50:29 AM
How do you know it was a woman driver?

read the article whskeysteve!

fred the red

Doesnt look as bad in this picture. Apparantely, the driver put the jeep into Drive instead of Reverse!!!!  ;D

AZOffaly

Fair enough (but daft) that she put it into drive instead of reverse (I suppose it can happen with an automatic), but she must have been trying to reverse at warp speed to mount the path, and mount the car the other side.

Lecale2

under the bar

QuoteHow do you know it was a woman driver?

read the article whskeysteve!

No mention of a woman driver?

Hardy

One thing always puzzles me about them yokes - how come as big and all as they are, there's no room for the spare wheel in any of them?

unforgiven

Quote from: Hardy on June 25, 2008, 10:11:28 AM
One thing always puzzles me about them yokes - how come as big and all as they are, there's no room for the spare wheel in any of them?

apologies.  the article has changed since i first put the post up.
The first article went to great lengths to state it was a woman driving.  sort of tongue in cheek