How many hours sleep do you get?

Started by The Claw, June 18, 2008, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Usually aim to get about 7 1/2. 8 hours is great. Will struggle the next day if I get less than 7.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

Someone said 6 for a man, 7 for a woman and 8 for a fool.

Maggie Thatcher just took 3. But she didn't say the above.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

That would explain why she was a grumpy horrible little bitch!

stephenite

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 18, 2008, 10:52:04 PM
Usually aim to get about 7 1/2. 8 hours is great. Will struggle the next day if I get less than 7.

About the same as that

el_cuervo_fc

Usually sleeping for half 11 or 12, a few awakenings during the night, sometimes it might take an hour to get back to sleep.  My missus doesn't really appreciate it when i stick on the tv but without it i'd get no sleep, there's too many thoughts running through my head at that time of the morning. I get out of bed for 7 and I usually get tired around 0930.  I'd also usually take a quick nap before football training in the evenings, no more than a half an hour though

wherefromreferee?

Sun - Thurs: Between 7 and 8.  In bed somewhere between 10 and 11, TV for a while, lights out around midnight.  Up at 7ish.

Fri/Sat.  Enjoy the sleep at the weekends.  Ive seen me not getting up on a Sunday until the Sunday Game is about to start.  Sleep for Ireland at the weekend.  Both Saturday and Sundays, i'm lucky if I rise before midday.

Slightly off on a tangent, but can never understand the snooze button.  It's just prolonging the agony of getting up.  Anybody else?  I know ones that snooze for over half an hour, to me, thats just pointless.
In your Endo!

The Claw

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 19, 2008, 09:33:44 AM
Usually sleeping for half 11 or 12, a few awakenings during the night, sometimes it might take an hour to get back to sleep.  My missus doesn't really appreciate it when i stick on the tv but without it i'd get no sleep, there's too many thoughts running through my head at that time of the morning. I get out of bed for 7 and I usually get tired around 0930.  I'd also usually take a quick nap before football training in the evenings, no more than a half an hour though
The very same is happening to me recently. Wake up around 5am, pretty fresh, mind racing.Takes a good 20 minutes to get back to sleep but then I struggle to get up at 6.30am, doesnt make sense, does my body not realise I should sleep through it.
I think i've learned that going to bed even 20 earlier than usual can make a huge difference the next day.

Yea WFF, I dont see the point in the snooze button either, waking up is bad ehough without having to do it twice, I still use it though!

Guillem2

I can only sleep for 3 1/2 hours at a time. Lay awake for an hour then back to sleep for another 3 1/2 hours. It's always the same except when I have a belly full of stout.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

nrico2006

I'm up the creek if I'm not sleeping by 11:30 and I get up at half 7.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Nrico I thought you slept from 8.30 to 17.15 every day.

I usually get about 7.5 hours kip with about 2 or 3 interruptions from yapping children in the middle of the night! I always say I'll go to bed earlier but never really seem to hit the pit before 11.30.

balladmaker

Don't get enough...usually about 6.5 hrs a night.  

I was reading that the experts reckon the ideal nights sleep is 7.5hrs of actual sleep...any less or any longer is not good for you.  I was surprised at the longer bit.

red hander

North Longford

Usually to bed 11.30/12 and up arounf 6.30, included is generally a child induced awakening!
Was worse, when the eldest in his first year on this earth seemed to feel that anything more than an hours sleep at a time was too much!
Can't ly in in the the morning either. Usually up before 8 at the weekends.
Generally don't feel too tired during the day but have been for the last couple of weeks!

David McKeown

3-4 hours a night maximum. Been doing that since I was about 14. Can't sleep anymore than that no matter when I go to bed. Learned to live with it now
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

If my alarm is set for 6.45am and i happen to wake at 6.33am i roll over again and think thank f**k it isnt time to get up yet, as if that is me for another 7hrs. . . . .12Mins later i am up and at it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"