How many hours sleep do you get?

Started by The Claw, June 18, 2008, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

After training in the evenings, its usually about 10 by the time I get home, after a feed and a read of the papers or whatever, I scale the stairs at 11 or so and am usually asleep by 11.30. I get up at 6.30am. I am usually wrecked halfway through the day, eyelids dropping, no concentration. I don't drink tea or coffee and would be wary of anything like red bull to keep me going. Is anyone in the same boat?

Goats Do Shave

6 / 7 hours - always wrecked!

Try to catch up at the week end though!

gerrykeegan

Wait till kids arrive. A broken 5/6 hours at best!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Yeah Claw I have a fairly strange habit. When I was training I used to come home at 6, go to bed for an hour, Training at 7.30 and get home about 9.30 get a bite then go to bed at 12-12.30 and up again at 7.30-7.45am.

Even with a nap worked in there I still find myself tired after I have my lunch. I don't eat breakfast and many people have told me that can be a problem in that I don't get my metabolism going until late in the day which stops my body from feeling active. I tried a few times to get up and get something in me early but it didn't make much difference so I took my extra 15 mins sleep. It is really annoying though and I can find myself sleeping up to 11 hours on a Friday night still.

Anybody have any ideas? Are vitamins any use or should I stick to the eating breakfast thing?

Yes I Would

Mine varies, some weeks 4 or 5 does me, other weeks can be 8 or 9 and still be cream crackered!!
Weeks habit generally depends on weekend had, and volume of alcohol consumed!!
Even ten mins shut eye in the evenin can recharge the batteries after the dinner!

Minder

Screenexile, breakfast is your only answer. It used to be i could never eat anything first thing but just got into the habit of eating cereal or something handy, should keep you going to lunchtime. I find when i dont eat breakfast i end up eating all sorts of sh*te at various stages of the morning.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

The Spanish have the right idea. Siesta. I have friends who moved to Spain and embraced the idea enthusiastically and I usually do it to some extent when we visit them. A couple of hours sleep anywhere between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. You'd usually feel a bit sleepy after your lunch anyway, so it makes sense to do what the body is telling you to do.  It's great - especially when you're on the tear till 3 or 4 most mornings. The only downside is having to get up twice every day.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

6 and a half maximum. Rarely get to bed before 12.30 and kids permitting alarm goes at 6.45am.  It all depends on what your body is used to.  I can live on that and generally don't get anymore at the weekends.

illdecide

About 6- 6 1/2 hours sleep but at the minute it's broken sleep as i have a 3 week old in the house. If i'm kept busy in the evenings (like training or swimming pool) i'm grand but if i'm in the house doing nothing the head will nod off. The secret during the day is to drink loads of water and keep the body well hydrated if not you become de-hydrated and the body will fatigue...Try that, get about 3l of water into you everyday for a week or 2 and i'll bet that will help.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fred the red

i get a about 8hrs every nite, but i always feel tired first thing in the morning!

southdown

I be exhausted if i dont get my 8 hours

ONeill

I'd sleep from 12.30am/1am to 7am.
Also sleep for an hour during the day.
Bowel movement twice.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gawa316

I get about 7 and a 1/2. Soemtimes still knackered but other times can jump up fresh as a daisy.

The thing that really pisses me off is being knackered all week. Every workday morning you crying out to just lie on for an extra hour, then when the feckin weekend comes your wide awake and can't lie in