How many hours sleep do you get?

Started by The Claw, June 18, 2008, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Had my second visit to the sleep clinic over in the city hospital the other day. Had a camera inserted into my throat by way of my nose. Not very pleasant.

mannix

Before child i was getting 8 hours, now i usually get 5 or 6 but not right sleep.

Love when I get away on my own for a day or two, have a few pints and sleep like a log but still wake at 6 or so.
I know others that can and do sleep 12 hours, and lie in bed looking at the ceiling.

bingobus

Last night about 4 hours spread over about 8/9 hours. Much the same the night before.

The wee lad bit off form at minute, normally he great and a good 10 hour sleeper.

Normally I'd be about 8 hour sleeper. The thought of sleeping during the day really irratates me for some reason and I never do it, unless in the horrors of drink (distant memory).

screenexile

I'm a really erratic sleeper. Did just less than 6 last night bt slept for an hour after coming home from work. I will tend to sleep for a while every day after work unless something else takes up my time and then go to bed later. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to go to bed before 12 any night. On a weekend I can sleep anything from 8/10 hours and lie in bed for an extra couple if I feel like it to chill out. It's class!

Treasurer

About 6.5/7 on a weeknight and love my 10 or so at the weekend!

Minder

7 hrs is all i need to take on the world, wee girl is two now so sleeps for 12 hours.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Right now I need to sleep for a week.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the milkman

Normally id be in the cot for 10. and up at 7, but still tired sometimes during the day! i honestly think i over sleep and in winter months make that in bed for 9 or 9.30.

Minder

Quote from: the milkman on September 10, 2008, 09:39:46 PM
Normally id be in the cot for 10. and up at 7, but still tired sometimes during the day! i honestly think i over sleep and in winter months make that in bed for 9 or 9.30.

You may get your bottle in you Milkman if you have to be in the cot by 10.

fred the red

would the milk not be sour if u didnt deliver it til after 7??

maggie

cannot get outta bed in the morning, hit snooze at least 4 times.  Also hate getting up when its dark, think i may have SAD disorder  :-\

Square Ball

not enought, wake about 4/5 times most nights and it can sometimes take ages to get back to sleep again.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 03:05:38 PM
7 hrs is all i need to take on the world, wee girl is two now so sleeps for 12 hours.
You can get away with seven hours cos you've saved up the hours from the many years  spent sleeping.

I really need about 8 or 9 but only manage 7 and I can't sleep unless I've read something. It's usually a book but I've had to resort to shampoo bottles etc at times!

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2008, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 03:05:38 PM
You can get away with seven hours cos you've saved up the hours from the many years  spent sleeping.

I really need about 8 or 9 but only manage 7 and I can't sleep unless I've read something. It's usually a book but I've had to resort to shampoo bottles etc at times!

Aye you arent too bad at the sleeping yourself lazy balls, am reading Ian Rushs autobiography and am averaging about 3 pages a night before the grey mist sets in.........

the milkman

Quote from: fred the red on September 10, 2008, 09:41:43 PM

would the milk not be sour if u didnt deliver it til after 7??

No longer a milkman, was only a part time job and during the summer i did it!!!