How many hours sleep do you get?

Started by The Claw, June 18, 2008, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 09:54:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2008, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 03:05:38 PM
7 hrs is all i need to take on the world, wee girl is two now so sleeps for 12 hours.
You can get away with seven hours cos you've saved up the hours from the many years  spent sleeping.

I really need about 8 or 9 but only manage 7 and I can't sleep unless I've read something. It's usually a book but I've had to resort to shampoo bottles etc at times!

Aye you arent too bad at the sleeping yourself lazy balls, am reading Ian Rushs autobiography and am averaging about 3 pages a night before the grey mist sets in.........
I wouldn't mind reading Brian Clough's....

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2008, 10:01:37 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 09:54:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2008, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2008, 03:05:38 PM
7 hrs is all i need to take on the world, wee girl is two now so sleeps for 12 hours.
You can get away with seven hours cos you've saved up the hours from the many years  spent sleeping.

I really need about 8 or 9 but only manage 7 and I can't sleep unless I've read something. It's usually a book but I've had to resort to shampoo bottles etc at times!

Aye you arent too bad at the sleeping yourself lazy balls, am reading Ian Rushs autobiography and am averaging about 3 pages a night before the grey mist sets in.........
I wouldn't mind reading Brian Clough's....

Try Easons, WH Smiths, Waterstones etc...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gold

6/7 during the week but like so many others i struggle to lie in at weekends.

I reckon i have a problem in that no matter how tired i am during the day and evenin, i can never just go upstairs and put the light out. Im wrecked now but have been upstairs since 930 and wont turn this computer off till 12, then takes ages to sleep and up an half 7. Wrecked all week long. I always try and sleep for a while at lunch in work.

I was in Spain a few weeks back and took into the Siesta's for a week--magic idea as said earlier--the Spaniards have it called right--it leaves you refreshed---i think your body is callin for you to sleep during the day and you should never fight what your body is tellin u.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

maggie

Quote from: Gold on September 10, 2008, 10:47:18 PM
6/7 during the week but like so many others i struggle to lie in at weekends.

I reckon i have a problem in that no matter how tired i am during the day and evenin, i can never just go upstairs and put the light out. Im wrecked now but have been upstairs since 930 and wont turn this computer off till 12, then takes ages to sleep and up an half 7. Wrecked all week long. I always try and sleep for a while at lunch in work.
I was in Spain a few weeks back and took into the Siesta's for a week--magic idea as said earlier--the Spaniards have it called right--it leaves you refreshed---i think your body is callin for you to sleep during the day and you should never fight what your body is tellin u.

how do manage a snooze at work? Its well for some

pintsofguinness

QuoteI reckon i have a problem in that no matter how tired i am during the day and evenin, i can never just go upstairs and put the light out. Im wrecked now but have been upstairs since 930 and wont turn this computer off till 12, then takes ages to sleep and up an half 7. Wrecked all week long.
Same here, can't go to bed before 12. 
Always wrecked, can't even get a sleep at the weekends now, I'm normally waken at the same time I would be on a work morning, if I do get a lie in I get up feeling like I've spent a week on the drink and with a busting headache.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Quoteif I do get a lie in I get up feeling like I've spent a week on the drink and with a busting headache.

Same as that, I get about 7 hrs most nights but get up about the same time every morning,  weekends included.

By the way, how's it going? are ye still across the water?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 10, 2008, 11:07:15 PM
Quoteif I do get a lie in I get up feeling like I've spent a week on the drink and with a busting headache.

Same as that, I get about 7 hrs most nights but get up about the same time every morning,  weekends included.

Yeah.  It's grand, it's not silverbridge but it's ok.

maggie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 10, 2008, 11:10:30 PM

where bouts in the world are u?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maggie on September 10, 2008, 11:12:30 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 10, 2008, 11:10:30 PM

where bouts in the world are u?

Galapagos Islands

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: gawa316 on June 18, 2008, 07:09:13 PM
I get about 7 and a 1/2. Soemtimes still knackered but other times can jump up fresh as a daisy.

The thing that really pisses me off is being knackered all week. Every workday morning you crying out to just lie on for an extra hour, then when the feckin weekend comes your wide awake and can't lie in

I need atleast 7 to 8 hrs or I am cranky as hell.
ta se mor

Hank Everlast

12 til 7, every nite... even if im out late on the weekends i still frickn wake up at 7am, its as if i have a mental alarm clock that wont allow me to sleep in!!

I have to admit id be prone to the odd nap on a saturday or sunday evening in front of the tele if i have nothin else on!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: noeldebrun on September 10, 2008, 05:00:55 PM
i have a really odd sleeping pattern the past three nights i've went to bed at around 4 in the morning and then woke up at 1 in the afternoon

eh, get a job ffs.

ziggysego

Noel's starting university soon, after acing in his A Levels. Feckin' students.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

Always target getting at least 8hrs but it rarely happens. Sun-Thurs I would get 6.5 to 7.5 which I fell is not enough for me. Catch up at weekends. I could sleep for hours and have no problem sleeping in at weekends (would regularly get a 10 hour kip in at the weekend if I felt I needed it). My body clock is a bit weird. Hate getting up in the mornings but often feel great around 5pm when its near time to head home from work. Am usually wrecked about 7-8pm (could be the dinner) but perk up about 9 and don't feel ready for the bed then so always stay up too late. Nearly always midnight when I hit the hay and regret it immediately the alarm goes the following morning...

full back

Used to get by on 6 hours a night during the week &  had super-lie ins at the weekend to make up for it
With a child in the house I realise I have had 1 lie-in this year :-\
Find myself averaging 7 odd hours a night now including the weekends & on the occasion I have a late one I am still up at the same time as normal