An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

I'm suprised they didnt try to play all the first round games now when there was a decent break.

tyrone86

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2008, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 17, 2008, 08:39:51 PM
Round Two - 26.07.08 (Sat)

Eight Teams drawn from the eight First Round winners
As Round 1 above.

If Tyrone make it through to Round Two, that's the first round of the County Championship out the window.

Why? The Championship games are fixed for Friday and Sunday and don't involve any county players.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 17, 2008, 10:52:42 PM
Why? The Championship games are fixed for Friday and Sunday and don't involve any county players.

What about the Saturday? Anyway, don't they need 6 days without club football?
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 17, 2008, 10:49:12 PM
I'm suprised they didnt try to play all the first round games now when there was a decent break.

Not all teams are in the initial mix yet, i.e., Down or Armagh, Derry or Fermanagh, Dublin or Westmeath, etc.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyrone86

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2008, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 17, 2008, 10:52:42 PM

What about the Saturday? Anyway, don't they need 6 days without club football?

There are no club championship games fixed for the Saturday, and no-one on the county panel is involved with any of the teams that have games fixed for the Friday or the Sunday, I don't see any conflict or reason why the championship wouldn't go ahead as per Norf's post in the Tyrone Club thread

tyssam5

Quote from: feetofflames on June 17, 2008, 09:03:29 AM
In my opinion Harte made made a fcuk upo when picking hisa panel this year, and I think he needs to look at who are the current form players in Tyrone.
Harte will probably want to stay on but hes walking no road until he acknowledges his errors
1) Mulligan /  Hughes - thanks and goodbye
2) Analyse the capabilites and potential of the Peter Donnellys, C Gourleys, R Mellons, R Mc Menamins, D Hartes on the paneland ask,  Are they still county standard and better than many club players out there - Surely these guys are now panellists at best.   
3) HArte placed his conviction since 2006 on Raymie Mulgrew and has been proven wrong to the greater extent
4) Mc Cullough had a match saving ball to win and he wouldnt bend for it at the end of extra time.  Bravery should be a prequisite. 
5)  Is Harte picking 2 many small men, old men, yellow men, average men,.
6) He used Gourley in midfield in the championship niot in the league
7) His bizarre on off relationship with Mc Caul - 2 shampionship games - no league football
8) His bizarre restrictions on Sean Cavanangh
9) The body language of Tyrones gretest ever defender Conor Gormley
10) His continual reference to injuries over the last 3 years in the media qualified by "Ill not use that as an excuse."  In the Independent recently  they talked about Paul Quinn / Aidan Mc Carron / Brian Dooher / and Brian Mc Guigans injuries.  Excuse me but the first two were not Tyrone regulars.  When would you hear about injured Kerry players who had played less than an hour for their counties in the national media. 
11) It was Mickeys risk to take but he pinned Tyrone fortunes this year on Dooher and Mc Guigan coming back to full fitness - this was a high risk strategy and it failled, as much in the fact that it failed to deal with and was never going to deal with many of the other problesm that were obvious. 
12) The loss of talent like Steven O neill, Aidan Mc Carron, Niall mc ginn, Shane Sweeney. Declan Mc Crossan - Could they have been managed better, Can they be got back - thats a huge grey area. 
13) The qualifiers could be his last hurrah for the good of Mickey as a person and for Tyrone football which is more important than any one individual. Theres a nuimber of questions he probably needs to address if he is to achieve in the longer teram again..
Tir Eoghain abu   

------------
Fair amount of inaccuracy there in my opinion.

1. I think Mulligan will come good again
2. McMenamin has been about the best club player in Tyrone so far this year.
4. Serious lack of knowledge of McCullagh if you are questioning the man's bravery.
10 & 13, you criticise Harte for referencing injury to Aidan McCarron, the in 13, you do reference the same thing yourself?

Anyway I think we will be able to judge a bit better in the next games, for both Tyrone and Down, what standard of games and teams were looking at.

ONeill

I believe Sunday mornings are now Harte-time. Good to hear they're going full pelt at it for the next month.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

feetofflames

When you add this to losing Canavan and O'Neill you cant be too critical of the manager.
Tyrone dreamer
You,  and the management team need to stop mentioning Canavan and O Neill.  Its ridiculous.  Canavan and possibly O neill he couldnt do anything about, so why keep bleating on about it.  If I was the Harte man I would lift the phone to Stevie O neill and see how hes doing if only out of respect, but he'll not do that, we must careful what we are wishing for / lamenting.   Could come back and bite.         
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 17, 2008, 09:54:48 PM
I agree about Mulligan. He was very good down in Galway and was playing well against Laios. He looked sharper than he had done in a long time and seemed to have his confidence back. Just typical of Tyrone's luck that he picked up an injury that has already kept him out for 3 months and still doesnt appear to have gone away.

He looked really sharp the other night in the Conway Inn with that floor scraper !  ;)

amigo

He wasnt looking so sharp on Saturday night when i saw him at the Beach Party in Portrush!! ;)

orangeman

Quote from: amigo on June 18, 2008, 10:22:28 AM
He wasnt looking so sharp on Saturday night when i saw him at the Beach Party in Portrush!! ;)

He was thinking of Tyrone at that stage ! It was part of his rehab doing the thing were you belly dance under the bar !  ;) :D ;D

thehulk!!

will mickey even last the summer, i have a funny feeling he will be gone before the 1/4 finals, no intercounty manager should be in place for more than 3 years tops

Zapatista

Quote from: thehulk!! on June 18, 2008, 11:38:01 AM
will mickey even last the summer, i have a funny feeling he will be gone before the 1/4 finals, no intercounty manager should be in place for more than 3 years tops

What if we make it to the quarters?

thehulk!!

cant see it happening in all fairness tyrone will end up in a dog fight or two and then they will bow out- regardless even if they make a quarter or low and behold a semi if they got leinster opposition in a quarter they would be laughing but harte still should go no matter what- another managers may get o neill back

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: feetofflames on June 18, 2008, 08:33:40 AM
When you add this to losing Canavan and O'Neill you cant be too critical of the manager.
Tyrone dreamer
You,  and the management team need to stop mentioning Canavan and O Neill.  Its ridiculous.  Canavan and possibly O neill he couldnt do anything about, so why keep bleating on about it.  If I was the Harte man I would lift the phone to Stevie O neill and see how hes doing if only out of respect, but he'll not do that, we must careful what we are wishing for / lamenting.   Could come back and bite.         

Just like people have to understand that Harte hasnt got the same quality of players at his disposal as he did in 2005 and stop judging performances now against that team.