An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'd be happy enough to see Penrose and Mc Cullagh start there, though it could mean deep forages for the ball, but with a view to bringing on Colm Cavanagh sharpish if things weren't working out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

No doubt something will go wrong in the next week but reading the Irish news today it sounds like we have no serious injures in the squad. If thats the case it would be the 1st time for a championship match since the 05 final. There's 6 or 7 players carrying knocks but you'd have to expect that at any given time. If this holds up (and Id be very nervous that it wont) then we can have no excuses and cant look to injuries as we have done in recent years for defeats. Even for the Down game we were missing Mulligan,McGinley,McGuigan and Mulgrew.

This is a huge game for Mickey Harte, a defeat here and he may have no other choice than to quit. This is probably the most I have seen a Tyrone team written off since 2001 when a small Tyrone support turned up to a watch a very young Tyrone team defeat the back to back ulster champions Armagh. There has to be one last kick in this team. They cant sit back and let Mickey be forced out of his job without one last fight. They cant let Doohers unbelievable work to get back be unrewarded and for him to potentially end his career on such a low. This is still a talented team depsite what is being said - 13 players who started the 05 final are available and 2 further players from the 03 team. Yes Canavan and O'Neill were huge players but they certainly didnt win those All Irelands on their own. We need someone to stand up and take on the scoring repsonsibilty and for the younger players to start laying down markers like Tommy McGuigan did in Newry.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Look how we struggled against Louth in '06, as All-Ireland reigning Champs no less, that's why! Make no mistake, we'll be taking this one very seriously, especially since we're confined to a shoebox of a stadium in enemy territory  ;)

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 11, 2008, 10:17:34 PM
They cant let Doohers unbelievable work to get back be unrewarded and for him to potentially end his career on such a low.

as great a player as he has been and as hard as he has worked to recover from injury, the limited evidence this year points to the fact that there isn't enough left in the legs at county level.

Tyrone Dreamer

Yes he was poor against Down and I would be worried about whether he can get back to his best or even close to it. The only thing is he produced one of the best performances of his career from nowhere against Donegal last year. He's given some commitment to the Tyrone cause this last decade.

ONeill

Coming from Belfast, do I take the North Drogheda exit?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Down Gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2008, 06:52:45 PM
Coming from Belfast, do I take the North Drogheda exit?

If you take the Monasterboice exit, which is the one before Drogheda North, its a straight run down Tullyesker to the pitch.

Fear ón Srath Bán

What's the name of the actual road that the ground is on lads? Is it one of the following: Cockle Road, N Road, Kearney's Lane, Drakerath Lane, Old N1?

BennyHarp

Does anyone know if this game is being televised next saturday evening? Not going to be able to make it!
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Pretty sure its not. TV3 are showing the Derry game at 3. Think rte are showing a hurling qualifier at 7.

Hardy

AS Down Gael said, the most direct route is to take the Monasterboice exit and down the old N1, which becomes North Road.

[Edit] I meant to say - the entrance is on the North Road, just where it runs off the bottom of the map. Or you could try climbing the rusty tin fence on the Cross Lanes, if you're willing to risk tetanus.

ONeill

Worried about thon big black holes on the left.

Hardy

Disused quarries, excavated for cement materials, now full of water and incredibly deep. They're used to scare kids.

ONeill

Scarey enough looking. He's staring at the pitch too with a toothless grin. Terrible omen.

Fear ón Srath Bán