President McAleese Heckled as she visits Primary in Coleraine

Started by Surreal Steve, June 10, 2008, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 10, 2008, 11:55:39 PM
Sure they dont know what they want half the time. Wasnt it Adair and his gang of rotweillers who were devoted to combat 18, but yet flew Israeli flags from their lamposts, because of nationalist sympathy for the palestinians. Totally laughable.
That crowd today were a bit of a shambles so i wouldnt be taking them too seriously.

There's a wee loyalist shithole just outside of Kilrea on the road to Garvagh.  They used to fly French flags and Croatian flags around the twelfth.  Classic.  Obviously no idea of history.

I've often said that Coleraine is an absolute fcukin cesspit of loyalist hatred, feeding the vultures from Bushmills, Macosquin, Moneydig and Portrush.  All the more reason that Eoghain Rua GAC deserve credit for their efforts.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

theskull1

Quote from: Aerlik on June 11, 2008, 08:08:17 AM
I've often said that Coleraine is an absolute fcukin cesspit of loyalist hatred, feeding the vultures from Bushmills, Macosquin, Moneydig and Portrush.  All the more reason that Eoghain Rua GAC deserve credit for their efforts.

True, but whenever people invest so much of their lives hating the other side then it's hard to convince people like that to change. They have to much to lose. Of course low levels of intelligence is a huge factor in all of this so thinking their way to a new way of seeing the world isn't going to happen.

One thing I'm constantly annoyed about is how the main unionist newspaper the news letter puts accross a level of understanding these type of people and their motivations to hurl abuse/protest. Read it in a shop this morning and there was not proper perspective from intelligent unionist commentators on this incident. Seriously blinkered perspective on the world in that paper and is maybe one of the main reasons why these numpties show no real sign of extending there hands in friendship. If this happened in the nationalist community then I would expect the irishnews to rightly show a bit of leadership and denounce this type of behaviour for what it is
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

winsamsoon

Once again they have only shown their true colours. Those of us in the North are not one bit suprised by this baehaviour as we see it on a regular basis. The news is full of it each night. A different protest seems to be appearing out of the ashes at every opportnity.

We now have Irish  ;) Robinson claiming that gays are the plague of the earth. It is pretty clear lads, this section of the protestant community  (about65%) don't want to share power or live with anyone else on the same Island. All they want is to dictate what goes on and try and erradicate other groupings from society. So Mary Mc Aleese was correct when she made those comments. They evidence is clear to be seen.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

whiskeysteve

A protest occured when the Mayor of Coleraine organised a reception at the council buildings for our football teams run to the AI intermediate final. He was also the only unionist counciller to show up if I recall correctly. Our players had to walk past a similar though smaller group and were on the receiving end of 1or2 nasty comments.

One of the protestors told our players to 'go home'. He had a Scottish accent
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 11, 2008, 10:56:47 AMOne of the protestors told our players to 'go home'. He had a Scottish accent
Them f**king ballymoney lads!!

Rav67

Wtf is the "no to Dublin money" about?  I'd say the folk there protesting on a weekday wouldn't be shy about accepting state money wherever it was coming from!  Went to school in Coleraine and its an absolute dive, I know there's idiots everywhere but you really do get an inordinate amount of witless c***ts from there.  Our bus got pelted with stones every single day we went past the secondary school.  The people protesting are convinced that any change somehow means they're losing out.  And I probably would give the blonde a rattle too.

winsamsoon

Aren't they all from Scotland anyway  :D :D and they have the stupidity to tell you to go home whiskeysteve.

winsamsoon

I see someone in the background is also protesting at the appointment of Mourinho as coach of Inter Milan. He must be a chelsea neo nazi. :D :D

red hander

Quote from: the green man on June 11, 2008, 12:00:48 AM
Sure they dont know what they want half the time. Wasnt it Adair and his gang of rotweillers who were devoted to combat 18, but yet flew Israeli flags from their lamposts, because of nationalist sympathy for the palestinians.

Always found that quite funny.

Yeah, and Johnny's favourite band was UB40, one of the most racially-integrated groups of the past 30 years, sure he nearly got plugged at one of their gigs ... as for the shenigans in Coleraine, it's what the word scum was invented for

Orior

I'm sure some of these protestors used to live near Holy Cross primary school.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Yes I Would

Quote from: red hander on June 11, 2008, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: the green man on June 11, 2008, 12:00:48 AM
Sure they dont know what they want half the time. Wasnt it Adair and his gang of rotweillers who were devoted to combat 18, but yet flew Israeli flags from their lamposts, because of nationalist sympathy for the palestinians.

Yeah, and Johnny's favourite band was UB40, one of the most racially-integrated groups of the past 30 years, sure he nearly got plugged at one of their gigs ... as for the shenigans in Coleraine, it's what the word scum was invented for

These hard men neo nazi scum also like to don their poppies every year in respect for the fallen soldiers during the wars. Who did they think they were fighting on the battlefields of Europe??? The GAA or the AOH!!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

his holiness nb

Well what can you expect given the intolerance shown by their political leaders.

It says a lot that MW's only post was to correct someones grammer and not comment on the protestors themselves.

Also the silence from certain other posters is deafening.

Ask me holy bollix

Apple Top

Not sure what you want here from other posters, it's quite clear these individuals are scumbags, there are sucmbags connected to every section of society.  I think it shows how far the peace process has come that the President could visit albeit among some petty heckers! To be honest I think they got too much air time, exactly what they were looking. no one really gives a flying fcuk about their opinions.

Main Street

The protest is more pathetic that anything else. Not worth getting into a lather about or looking for condemnations.
I'm sure President Mary has a perspective of the violent hate directed towards her growing up and wouldn't lose any sleep over a some rednecks throwing nothing more than abuse.

If she is going to go into the middle of the unionist territory then fair play to her.
She will focus on the positives of the visit the welcome she received and not the "guard of honour".

I see she had earlier visited the Kilrea Gaa club.