Any good at Football

Started by its me again, June 09, 2008, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its me again

just wondering to what level some of you played Football(Gaelic)?

i play at senior club level was just wondering at what level some of the posters played as there are some informed views  :D

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: its me again on June 09, 2008, 03:06:59 PM
just wondering to what level some of you played Football(Gaelic)?

i play at senior club level was just wondering at what level some of the posters played as there are some informed views  :D

I played senior in two different counties, won a county medal with one...also won a county medal in Scotland.

lurganblue

Dinny Breen

Senior Club, missed the glory years though  :(
#newbridgeornowhere

his holiness nb

Its funny how only the guys who were good reply on here!!  ;)

Never got past junior level. Still plugging away though. Might have a year or two left to make the step up. Looks unlikely to be this year though  :-[
Ask me holy bollix

lurganblue

feck i would be far from claiming that i was any good NB.  :(

his holiness nb

Quote from: lurganblue on June 09, 2008, 04:01:42 PM
feck i would be far from claiming that i was any good NB.  :(

;)

Ah you know what I mean, not many junior b players keen to post.
Ask me holy bollix

screenexile

Played Senior Club in Dublin, Derry, Manchester and Toronto. A bit of U21 for Derry and County for Lancashire. The medals list isn't too high though I'm afraid. A couple of School's medals, a reserve championship in Derry, A senior Championship in Toronto and a league in Manchester. I'm still only a young buck though so you never know what the future holds... now if I could just locate a new knee for next season!!!

I'd definitely be the best footballer in GAAboard land too  :D :D :D

Orior

I was absolutely useless. Division 4, Ard Mhacha. Turn up and you got a run out. Trained once a year. Ah those were still the best days of my life.  

There was one match, where I caught everything in the centre. Problem was I had the mobility of a phone box, and unless I was fouled I generally lost the ball. I also managed to score the odd fisted point - i have two left feet - I used to buy flip-flips instead of flip-flops.

So thats why I'm not qualified to post on the GAA threads, unlike you senior feckers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2008, 04:08:00 PM
Played Senior Club in Dublin, Derry, Manchester and Toronto. A bit of U21 for Derry and County for Lancashire. The medals list isn't too high though I'm afraid. A couple of School's medals, a reserve championship in Derry, A senior Championship in Toronto and a league in Manchester. I'm still only a young buck though so you never know what the future holds... now if I could just locate a new knee for next season!!!

I'm sure RONAN is slightly better than you Screen.  Slightly.
In your Endo!

Mickey Linden

I peaked too early was a great primary school footballer!

screenexile

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 09, 2008, 04:26:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2008, 04:08:00 PM

I'm sure RONAN is slightly better than you Screen.  Slightly.

A few years ago maybe but he was given an exhibition of full back play in last year's Q/F  ;D :D :D

stew

I played division three football and played in the Junior County Championship Final. I was a far better sawker player much to my dismay and after the age of twenty I played that due to the fact that the aul work got in the way of the gaelic.

I would have given me right nut to play one game for armagh seniors, I wasnt even close to being anywhere near that standard. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Played one game in my life. A west v east st. patrick's day match at university.

I really enjoyed it. I thought being a decent enough soccer/football player I'd pick it up no bother, but it took a while. Ended up with 2 points (and about 10 wides)