Any good at Football

Started by its me again, June 09, 2008, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Played senior hurling,Where i grew up the lads that couldn't hurl played football   ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

haranguerer

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2008, 04:43:48 PM
Played one game in my life. A west v east st. patrick's day match at university.

I really enjoyed it. I thought being a decent enough soccer/football player I'd pick it up no bother, but it took a while. Ended up with 2 points (and about 10 wides)

jaysus dont be too hard on yourself - a game isnt that long to pick it up  ;D

Play intermediate club (sporadically this few yrs), played macrory (winners medal & runners up medal), co minor & u-21, no medals though.

Would be very surprised if there isnt a couple of AI medals on here, or provincial at least... 

illdecide

90% of the guys on this board are shite thats why they're here slagging the rest of the decent footballers off. I'm sure there is the odd good footballer here but most of you are wannabee's
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

isourboydownyet

played for club and county and won a couple of national leagues but me being a midfielder my c'ship games were restricted due to messers tohill and mcgilligan.

his holiness nb

You might get a better response on the GAA section, lots of the lads dont bother with this side.
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

I played Junior back home but Senior in Warwickshire. Wouldnt be let near a county team.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 09, 2008, 05:02:15 PM
played for club and county and won a couple of national leagues but me being a midfielder my c'ship games were restricted due to messers tohill and mcgilligan.

Nobody in any country would have broken into that MF when those two were at their best.

McGilligan was a hard, hard bastard.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DrinkingHarp

Played in AZ for second half of a season, whish I could have played more (work). Had 1 goal and 2points in third game ever played.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Surreal Steve

Quote from: hardstation on June 09, 2008, 04:37:52 PM
I was a great player. Two great feet, wonderful football brain, built for speed, sold more dummies than Mothercare. A right handful for anyone who marked me.
The best player in the Antrim U12 league. Strawberry sherbets ruined me. Still, I shall return to form soon. I reckon I'm in for a shout for the Tommy Murphy.
Jody, it's 077... Actually, I'll just turn up to the match in my gear.

*waits for o'neills equally zany effort*

::)

Puckoon

Gave up the ghost at 18 for the lure of the botanic inn. One of the biggest regrets of my life. Now Im 500 miles away from the nearest club and getting ready for the nackers yard.

Kerry Mike

Only played at Senior County level :P

However I did not win much over the years, only the following........

11 Munster Championship medals
8 AI Senior Medals
2 U21 AI medals
6 Railway Cup medals
4 National Football Leagues
1 AI Club
2 County Senior Championships
1 County Junior
1 County Novice
9 All Stars
Represented Ireland in International Rules, The Superstars and The Eurovision.

Yerra I was handy enough I suppose, I do a bit of presenting on TV nowadays and a biteen of writing, have a pair of wonky knees and am famous for coining the phrase Puke Football. The brothers and me mother were also famous footballers.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 09, 2008, 06:41:06 PM
Only played at Senior County level :P

However I did not win much over the years, only the following........

11 Munster Championship medals
8 AI Senior Medals
2 U21 AI medals
6 Railway Cup medals
4 National Football Leagues
1 AI Club
2 County Senior Championships
1 County Junior
1 County Novice
9 All Stars
Represented Ireland in International Rules, The Superstars and The Eurovision.

Yerra I was handy enough I suppose, I do a bit of presenting on TV nowadays and a biteen of writing, have a pair of wonky knees and am famous for coining the phrase Puke Football. The brothers and me mother were also famous footballers.

Thats it?

I ate a 72 oz steak to get it for free in 1 hour
Nailed a 32 year old hottie when I was 19
Won 1600 on a 2.40 bet on the horses
slept for 11 hours straight
bought a box of cereal just for the toy

and my dad can beat up your dad

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2008, 04:43:48 PM
Played one game in my life. A west v east st. patrick's day match at university.

I really enjoyed it. I thought being a decent enough soccer/football player I'd pick it up no bother, but it took a while. Ended up with 2 points (and about 10 wides)

That is impressive. Dont worry about shooting wides, Armagh have been doing that with excellence for decades. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mannix

junior and no good, still love the game and train hard, we all have our allirelands and to score a few points and play my best was always mine. I played with a few well known lads at different clubs over the years,allireland senior winners among them. they    pass the ball to a pleb footballer like me, thats one thing that i love about gaelic games.

Hoof Hearted

played senior club, derry semi-final in '91 would have been the biggest game and intermediete final replay 1n 1990
was average at best (although no doubt some of my club mate will be on later to tell the truth :D)
max has already said on the old board that i was crap
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012