Cill Dara v Cill Mhantáin

Started by Dinny Breen, May 12, 2008, 01:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Kildare look to be in trouble 11 points to 6. Come on Wicklow!!

wickla

An extra man now, playing like we should see it out.

wickla

Kildare look a poor side today. A shadow of their former selves.

jodyb

Fair play to Wicklow!! Thoroughly deserving of their win.

The Real Laoislad

Jaysis that was great..I suppose you could say Kildare choked  ;)
Be great now for Wicklow to play one of the bigger teams of Leinster in the next round  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

Great result for Wicklow.  WIll have to fancy their chances of causing another upset, although Laois will be much more on their guard from the start next day out.

theskull1

Brolly & O'Rourke certainly didn't spare McGeeney anyway and to be fair I think their analysis was spot on.

Love it when mercenaries like him get a pasting

Well done Wicklow
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

jodyb

Dont think it was a case of Kildare not being on their guard. Wicklow were just better. They put some great passages of play together and if it weren't for some poor shot selection, they shuda been a lot further ahead with 30 minutes played.

INDIANA

kildare are absolutely crap, let's get real here. devoid of a game plan, tactics or spirit . the armagh way that grimley and mc geeney have tried to install hasn't worked. but you'd have to counter that with that they won;t have much to work with. young smith looks a good player but to be so comphrehensively outplayed by a div 4 team is a shocking endigtment of the players and management. where kildare football goes after today is anyone's guess.
fair play to wicklow , should have won by 10 such was their dominance.

Shamrock Shore

First championship win in Croke Park for Wickla and fair fecks to them.

Dinny Breen

Single most depressing day watching Kildare football ever. Hard to argue with any comments here and agree with most, every the idiotic ones who just want to stick the knife into Kildare football.

Anyway Kildare's performance should not take away from Wicklow, who are an honest bunch of footballers and have some talent, no one in Kildare under-estimated them and I can see them giving Laois a genuine rattle. Best of luck to you.

#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

i'm not sticking any knife in dinny, but if that was dublin who produced a display like that, i simply wouldn't go to watch them again for a long time. if no kildare fans go to their next game they can't have any complaints. There was no passion in their play at all, you don't have to be a good player to have a bit of guts and determination. kildare lost every 50/50 ball today. and aside from young smith and the keeper they should ask themselves why they're playing their game. if you go down fighting that's one thing, but some of them didn't shake a leg. It wasn't the fact wicklow were better which they were, it was the fact kildare didn't even put it up to them.
You'd have to look at the managment too.

Uladh

Quote from: theskull1 on May 18, 2008, 03:42:19 PM
Brolly & O'Rourke certainly didn't spare McGeeney anyway and to be fair I think their analysis was spot on.

As opposed to Micko....

Dinny Breen

Quotei'm not sticking any knife in dinny, but if that was dublin who produced a display like that, i simply wouldn't go to watch them again for a long time.

Regardless of how poor they were I'm not just going to stop supporting them. Players don't go out and deliberately play like that yes we can talk about the lack of spirit and passion but these players are sadly the best Kildare have got, I'll still go to the qualifier game not expecting much but just hoping we can turn it around, that game for those players is no longer about playing football for Kildare but showing a bit of passion and belief in themselves and their team mates. Trust me the knives will be out for the older players and the management but I said all along it will take a minimum of two years and possibly three before McGeeney can do anything in Kildare. You learn a lot more in defeat than you will ever in victory, now is the time for McGeeney to earn his stripes, I'm sure he is hurting as much as any player or supporter.

Anyway, we shouldn't be taking from Wicklow's performance which was more than worthy of winning that game by 7 or 8 points.

I think even the Samaritans have stopped taking calls from Kildare... :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Uladh on May 18, 2008, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 18, 2008, 03:42:19 PM

As opposed to Micko....

Nice one Uladh! ;D