Cill Dara v Cill Mhantáin

Started by Dinny Breen, May 12, 2008, 01:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Big banana skin for Kildare, the last time we met we really struggled to beat Wicklow and were a tad fortunate in the end. Still we should have too much and this is the team I'd like to line out on Sunday.

Full back could an issue as it looks like Kevin O'Neill is still out injured, out too are Mick Foley and Killian Brennan.

1. Corley
2. Brennan
3. McLoughlin
4. O Flaherty
5. Rainbow
6. White
7. Callaghan
8. Early
9. Flynn
10. O Flaherty
11. Conway
12. Sweeney
13. Fenin
14. Smith
15. Doyle
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I'd be very surprised if Kildare don't have at least 8 points to spare over Micko's wandering sideshow. They were poor, poor, poor in the league, and I think Kildare will have too much for them.

Dinny Breen

This is KIldare, favourites tag does not sit well and we never perform well against the so-called Minnows and rumours are emanating from Wicklow that they are flying in training....

I'm just not confident although coversely win this one I'd be confident of beating Laois....
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

In the battle of the big wallets I just hope the standard of football justifies the outlay on coaching staff!

Onlooker

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2008, 05:15:00 PM
In the battle of the big wallets I just hope the standard of football justifies the outlay on coaching staff!
Good comment there Magpie Seanie.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2008, 03:20:24 PM
This is KIldare, favourites tag does not sit well and we never perform well against the so-called Minnows and rumours are emanating from Wicklow that they are flying in training....

I'm just not confident although coversely win this one I'd be confident of beating Laois....

Aye we haven't a hope this year..Especially with Kildare flying so high above us in the league this year they would be massive favourites  ::)
And sure in fairness just like our other neighbours Biffoland it has been a long time since ye beat us in the Championship ye must be due a win against us soon ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mattockranger

wicklow are a doged team highly fit and competitive it took us (louth) three games last year to shake them off in the first round

game could be there for the taking with fifteen minutes remaining kildare should pull away SHOULD!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Dinny Breen

QuoteAye we haven't a hope this year..Especially with Kildare flying so high above us in the league this year they would be massive favourites

Aye good old Laois the perennial chokers of Leinster football. Not even looking beyond the goat suckers to be honest.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

From Hoganstand:

Kildare manager Kieran McGeeney is sweating on the fitness of star forward John Doyle ahead of Sunday's Leinster SFC opener against Wicklow at Croke Park.  :o

The Allenwood sharpshooter hasn't been able to take a full part in training since suffering a rib injury in a challenge match against Cork the weekend before last and is a major doubt for the showdown with Mick O'Dwyer's charges.

Brian Flanagan is definitely out after suffering a broken jaw in Kildare's final NFL game against Laois, but on the plus side, defender Kevin O'Neill, midfielder Killian Brennan and attacker Padraig O'Neill have all recovered from recent injuries.

Gary White, who was an inspirational figure in the Lilywhites' march to this year's All-Ireland under 21 final, has also recovered from a shoulder problem and is certain to make his senior championship debut.

White is joined on the senior panel by fellow under 21s Alan Smith, Declan Brennan, Tom Byrne and Eoghan O'Flaherty.

Kildare selector Niall Carew admits that the under 21 side's exploits in recent weeks have ensured a low-key championship build-up for the seniors.

He said: "It was nice although to be honest, I don't think the under 21s got enough credit for getting where they did.

"I am looking forward to the game now and by Sunday we'll have as much done as a management team as we can. Once the boys cross the white line, it'll be up to them. They have all the hard work done."

#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 14, 2008, 11:30:24 AM
QuoteAye we haven't a hope this year..Especially with Kildare flying so high above us in the league this year they would be massive favourites

Aye good old Laois the perennial chokers of Leinster football. Not even looking beyond the goat suckers to be honest.

That's as much of a Pot,Kettle,Black statement as i have ever heard
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThat's as much of a Pot,Kettle,Black statement as i have ever heard

This is men's football we're talking about not boys or girls but Laois have lost the last three finals they've been in, 2007, 2005 and 2004.   ???
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 14, 2008, 05:30:24 PM
QuoteThat's as much of a Pot,Kettle,Black statement as i have ever heard

This is men's football we're talking about not boys or girls but Laois have lost the last three finals they've been in, 2007, 2005 and 2004.   ???

Whats the  ??? for i didn't argue with what you said about Laois i just think its funny coming from someone from Kildare who haven't even got to a fecking Final since 2003 ye choke way before that stage
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Eh you can't choke before a final, it's in the final that a team chokes and that's where Laois choke best. Anyway no point having this discussion until after the Wicklow game, so save your envy till then.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Have Wicklow signed anyone good since last season?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 14, 2008, 05:49:41 PM
Eh you can't choke before a final, it's in the final that a team chokes and that's where Laois choke best. Anyway no point having this discussion until after the Wicklow game, so save your envy till then.

Eh what a load of bollix..Of course you can choke before a final look at Dublin for ffs..
Are you telling me you can't choke in a semi-final or even a 1/4 final..
You'll Never Walk Alone.