Time for a GAA quiz

Started by Hardy, May 09, 2008, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Quote from: overdabar on February 12, 2009, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on February 12, 2009, 01:51:43 PM
Since the AIF final in the polo grounds, which is the only Senior AI football final to have had an official attendance of less than 60,000 people??
Down v Dublin 1994

Quote from: Bensars on February 12, 2009, 02:07:07 PM
Must have been around the time of the redevelopment. If i remember rightly hogan stand completed first. Cusack was being rebuilt  sept 94. So 94' when Down defeated the cheeky dubs

Correct and right
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

saffron sam2

Quote from: blanketattack on February 12, 2009, 05:27:46 PM
There's one answer I know for definite. I don't know if Peter Canavan or Ronan McGarrity are correct.

Peter Canavan was playing for Errigal Ciaran's reserves (the Glencull part of the parish) when he made his senior debut for Tyrone.

Quote from: Bensars on February 12, 2009, 04:34:31 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on February 12, 2009, 03:45:02 PM
Which player played senior football for his county before he played senior football for his club?

Peter Canavan. Was a member of killyclogher hurling while playing vocational and minor. As Glencull never played in Tyrone i assume it was prior to the formation of errigal Ciaran

Couldn't play for Tyrone Seniors once he was out of minor unless he was affiliated to a football club. Errigal was formed before PTG played senior for Tyrone.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 12, 2009, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on February 12, 2009, 03:45:02 PM
Which player played senior football for his county before he played senior football for his club?

There's probably a good few. Fairly certain Ronan McGarrity is one I think. Just back from American basketball scholarship in 2004 when Maughan brought him in from nowhere. Maybe the Ballina lads can confirm?

Yep, confirmed.

Double Cross

Quote from: Louth Exile on January 29, 2009, 05:50:03 PM
Just clearing out some stuff and came across my answer sheet from a quiz last week. They are not the toughest, but can you get them all (without cheating)

1. What year did Dundalk Schools win the Leinster Colleges football? (this decade) 2007
2. What county play their home games at St Conleth's park? Kildare
3. Who scored 1-16 in the fitzgibbon cup final and was on the losing team? Joe Canning
4. Who scored the winning goal in the 1957 AI SFC Final? No. 13 Sean Cunningham
5. Who was the last captain before Declan O'Sullivan to lift Sam on two successive years? Tony Hanahoe
6. Name the ground in Omagh? Healy Park
7. What county lost out to Dublin in last year's O'Byrne cup final? Laois
8. Which was the last county to win a provincial title for the first time? Westmeath
9. Name Nicky Rackard's county? Wexford
10. Who are the reigning AI club football champions? St Vincents
11. Name the two Ulster county who have won five AI SFC titles each? Cavan and Down
12. Name the only twins to have both won all star awards? Ben and Jerry
13. Who are the current Louth main sponsors? McCabes

They aren't hard I know, but get them all, no cheating!!

Doire abú

Name the non-Tyrone/Armagh players with Ulster Senior Football Championship medals who are still playing inter-county football.

Note: this is correct as of last year, maybe a couple of them retired after last year.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Double Cross on February 12, 2009, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on January 29, 2009, 05:50:03 PM
Just clearing out some stuff and came across my answer sheet from a quiz last week. They are not the toughest, but can you get them all (without cheating)

1. What year did Dundalk Schools win the Leinster Colleges football? (this decade) 2007
2. What county play their home games at St Conleth's park? Kildare
3. Who scored 1-16 in the fitzgibbon cup final and was on the losing team? Joe Canning
4. Who scored the winning goal in the 1957 AI SFC Final? No. 13 Sean Cunningham
5. Who was the last captain before Declan O'Sullivan to lift Sam on two successive years? Tony Hanahoe
6. Name the ground in Omagh? Healy Park
7. What county lost out to Dublin in last year's O'Byrne cup final? Laois
8. Which was the last county to win a provincial title for the first time? Westmeath
9. Name Nicky Rackard's county? Wexford
10. Who are the reigning AI club football champions? St Vincents
11. Name the two Ulster county who have won five AI SFC titles each? Cavan and Down
12. Name the only twins to have both won all star awards? Ben and Jerry
13. Who are the current Louth main sponsors? McCabes

They aren't hard I know, but get them all, no cheating!!

1&7 are wrong Double Cross, all the rest are correct
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2009, 11:07:14 PM
7 was a relatively shit team, if I remember right. Carlow or Longford?

Longford is correct
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bensars

Quote from: Doire abú on February 12, 2009, 10:47:06 PM
Name the non-Tyrone/Armagh players with Ulster Senior Football Championship medals who are still playing inter-county football.

Note: this is correct as of last year, maybe a couple of them retired after last year.

Enda Muldoon
SM Lockhart
Dermot mc Cabe
Jason O Reilly ?

Bensars

Only one Down All Star winner doesnt hold a senior all ireland football medal. Who is he ?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Double Cross

Quote from: Bensars on February 12, 2009, 11:52:39 PM
Only one Down All Star winner doesnt hold a senior all ireland football medal. Who is he ?

Paddy Kennedy, though I could be cheeky and say Gerard McGrattan  ;)

Doire abú

Quote from: Bensars on February 12, 2009, 11:32:52 PM

Enda Muldoon
SM Lockhart
Dermot mc Cabe
Jason O Reilly ?

yep, one more.

Homer

Quote from: Doire abú on February 13, 2009, 12:00:47 AM
Quote from: Bensars on February 12, 2009, 11:32:52 PM

Enda Muldoon
SM Lockhart
Dermot mc Cabe
Jason O Reilly ?

yep, one more.

Larry

Doire abú

tyrone86