Irish anthem blunder in new Euro 2008 football game?

Started by GalwayBayBoy, April 22, 2008, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: stibhan on April 24, 2008, 12:37:30 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on April 23, 2008, 11:45:31 PM
All this confusion around anthems/symbols should make us all come to the only true conclusion.  A united team. ::)

(for the owc lot)  Just imagine how many friendlies we would win if we could add Paul McShane and Andy Reid to our squad.  We'd be unstoppable.

I reckon Davis would be the only one anywhere near a United Ireland shirt (even though he probably wouldn't want to play for a United team). Everyone else wouldn't really cut it, I don't think. Even Healy, who looks a bit crap in the Premiership. Lafferty would be one for the future. Clingan wouldn't touch the u20's.

Virtually every player starting for Ireland would walk into the 6 county team.

That is the funniest post I've read in ages, brightened up a shite day, thanks.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on April 24, 2008, 12:59:27 PM
All this confusion around anthems/symbols should make us all come to the only true conclusion.  A united team. ::)

(for the owc lot)  Just imagine how many friendlies we would win if we could add Paul McShane and Andy Reid to our squad.  We'd be unstoppable.

I reckon Davis would be the only one anywhere near a United Ireland shirt (even though he probably wouldn't want to play for a United team). Everyone else wouldn't really cut it, I don't think. Even Healy, who looks a bit crap in the Premiership. Lafferty would be one for the future. Clingan wouldn't touch the u20's.

Well at least you are reading and commenting on the selection of an all Ireland team.
Baby steps and all.  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2008, 01:28:14 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 24, 2008, 12:59:27 PM

Well at least you are reading and commenting on the selection of an all Ireland team.
Baby steps and all.  ;)

I've always said, if the splitters in the FAI want to apply to rejoin the original and best Irish Football Association, then they are welcome to do so.

Hound

Jonny Evans is an excellent prospect, a far better player than Paul McShane. Dunne-Evans would make an excellent centre half combination in an Ireland team.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2008, 01:40:00 PM
Who is this Davis fella anyway?

A six counties player, who was slowing going down the pecking order in the premiership, until Rankers got him on loan in Jan.
Played quite well for them until he was made to look like a wee boy in last weeks Old Firm match!  ;D
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 24, 2008, 01:44:32 PM
Played quite well for them until he was made to look like a wee boy in last weeks Old Firm match!  ;D

I was there, didnt even notice him!
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on April 24, 2008, 01:31:16 PM
I've always said, if the splitters in the FAI want to apply to rejoin the original and best Irish Football Association, then they are welcome to do so.

Fair play Sammy, thats very good of you, I hope, if it happens, the FAI give you the praise you deserve for welcoming them in  :D
Ask me holy bollix

stibhan

Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2008, 01:39:10 PM

Jonny Evans is an excellent prospect, a far better player than Paul McShane. Dunne-Evans would make an excellent centre half combination in an Ireland team.

O'Shea?

Evil Genius

Good grief! Some programmer from Korea (or whereever), working for a Japanese company selling video games in 200 countries all over the world, gets a wee bit confused over the music soundtrack. And now posters on this forum are using this as an excuse to start picking an "All-Ireland" football team.

"John O'Shea"?

"Gordon Bennett" or "Blimey O'Reilly" more like!
  :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Hound

Quote from: stibhan on April 24, 2008, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 24, 2008, 01:39:10 PM

O'Shea?
The jockser gets plenty of stick - though it has to be said that Ferguson clearly rates him higher than either Evans or McShane.

Solomon Kane

And yet strangely some people think it would be a good idea to merge the Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland teams? I can't see how the two arguments stand up.

BTW, David Healy has a better goal per game rate at international level than anyone in the ROI team. ;D

stiffler

Quote from: stiffler on April 23, 2008, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: Solomon Kane on April 22, 2008, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Holly aged 7 from Kent ignited the rath of our-wee-country (sic) a few years ago. Cant remember what though, maybe a Blue Peter thing?

One poster made one post. End of. A bit silly all the same.

Can someone provide a link to the thread on OWC? i wouldnt mind reading the comments left, seems like a complete over reaction, but sure it always seems to be!

Any chance OWCers? or is there in fact more than 'one poster' and 'one post on the matter'?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Subbie

His strike rate for fulham is very impressive too ....... 4 this season , jesus that must be 2 before christmas and 2 after christmas  ::)

Quote from: Solomon Kane on April 24, 2008, 05:33:36 PM

And yet strangely some people think it would be a good idea to merge the Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland teams? I can't see how the two arguments stand up.

BTW, David Healy has a better goal per game rate at international level than anyone in the ROI team. ;D

Solomon Kane

Quote from: The Subbie on April 24, 2008, 05:49:40 PM
His strike rate for fulham is very impressive too ....... 4 this season , jesus that must be 2 before christmas and 2 after christmas  ::)

Quote from: Solomon Kane on April 24, 2008, 05:33:36 PM

Considering the amount of time he has spent on the pitch his 5 goals are respectable. Not great, but not bad either. Mind you, even if he wasn't getting a game for Tobermore Utd I still wouldn't care as long as he kept banging them in for his country ;D