Irish anthem blunder in new Euro 2008 football game?

Started by GalwayBayBoy, April 22, 2008, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 23, 2008, 07:58:10 AM
I always fouind it quite humerous that loyalists adopted the Red hand of Ulster as their symbol!

Adopted? More like hijacked, Goat ... but, then again, they proved themselves very good at that during the UWC strike in the early  Seventies

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on April 23, 2008, 12:50:56 PM
I always fouind it quite humerous that loyalists adopted the Red hand of Ulster as their symbol!

Adopted? More like hijacked, Goat ... but, then again, they proved themselves very good at that during the UWC strike in the early  Seventies

FFS! That was over 30 years ago! You make it sound like you're still standing at the Bustop, waiting for your bus to work... :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

red hander

FFS! That was over 30 years ago! You make it sound like you're still standing at the Bustop, waiting for your bus to work... :D
[/quote]

Thirty years is nathin' ... sure youse feckers are still going on about a skirmish 318 years ago started by a Dutch sodomite midget who was a mate of the pope

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on April 23, 2008, 04:54:08 PM

Thirty years is nathin' ... sure youse feckers are still going on about a skirmish 318 years ago started by a Dutch sodomite midget who was a mate of the pope
[/quote]

318 years? Sure youse lot is still girnin about "800 Years of Bruddish Oppresshun" - conveniently overlooking the fact that the Securocrat Strongbow was only RSVP'ing to that nice wee Invitation on his mantlepiece, sent by Dermot McMorrough - the original Tout/Collaborator/Collusionist etc  :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: Solomon Kane on April 22, 2008, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Holly aged 7 from Kent ignited the rath of our-wee-country (sic) a few years ago. Cant remember what though, maybe a Blue Peter thing?

One poster made one post. End of. A bit silly all the same.

Lies, damn lies. One post my hoop!  This is the sort of shit you lot pull to deflect embarassing situations that arise from the OWC website. Nifan is closer to the true number but it was more than 5 people who said nasty things about holly and her parents, of the top of my head I can recall that holly was told that she needed to learn some manners and her parents parenting skills were brought into question and all because she didnt include the six! Shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stiffler

Quote from: Solomon Kane on April 22, 2008, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Holly aged 7 from Kent ignited the rath of our-wee-country (sic) a few years ago. Cant remember what though, maybe a Blue Peter thing?

One poster made one post. End of. A bit silly all the same.

Can someone provide a link to the thread on OWC? i wouldnt mind reading the comments left, seems like a complete over reaction, but sure it always seems to be!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: stiffler on April 23, 2008, 05:34:13 PMCan someone provide a link to the thread on OWC? i wouldnt mind reading the comments left, seems like a complete over reaction, but sure it always seems to be!

You'd have more luck getting in there than into Jessica Alba's knickers

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 23, 2008, 05:40:16 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 23, 2008, 05:34:13 PMCan someone provide a link to the thread on OWC? i wouldnt mind reading the comments left, seems like a complete over reaction, but sure it always seems to be!

You'd have more luck getting in there than into Jessica Alba's knickers

Class, that's brightened up my day.  :D ;D :D
Tbc....

red hander

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 23, 2008, 05:03:24 PM

318 years? Sure youse lot is still girnin about "800 Years of Bruddish Oppresshun" - conveniently overlooking the fact that the Securocrat Strongbow was only RSVP'ing to that nice wee Invitation on his mantlepiece, sent by Dermot McMorrough - the original Tout/Collaborator/Collusionist etc  :D
[/quote]

That's a low dig bringing up that bastard McMorrough ... fight fair EG :P

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on April 23, 2008, 05:59:07 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 23, 2008, 05:03:24 PM

That's a low dig bringing up that bastard McMorrough ... fight fair EG :P
[/quote]

Wha? Expectin' a Brit to fight fair? Have yis learnt nahin in the last 800 years*?  :D

* - Like in the Garrison Game, Cricket, that's 800 Not Out!  8)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Solomon Kane

You're obviously only a wee lad. Loyalists/Unionists whatever almost universally thought of themselves as Irish before the troubles. The polarisation caused by the mayhem hardened attitudes among many and this is not as common now. No reason to give up on symbols long held dear all the same even though the idea of "Irishness" has be re-defined by some for the worse.

Chrisowc

All this confusion around anthems/symbols should make us all come to the only true conclusion.  A united team. ::)

(for the owc lot)  Just imagine how many friendlies we would win if we could add Paul McShane and Andy Reid to our squad.  We'd be unstoppable.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

doire na raithe

I've also seen Lee Dixon and Alan Shearer (during Match of the Day coverage of international games) regularly refer to Northern Ireland as 'Ireland'... outrageous!

stibhan

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 23, 2008, 11:45:31 PM
All this confusion around anthems/symbols should make us all come to the only true conclusion.  A united team. ::)

(for the owc lot)  Just imagine how many friendlies we would win if we could add Paul McShane and Andy Reid to our squad.  We'd be unstoppable.

I reckon Davis would be the only one anywhere near a United Ireland shirt (even though he probably wouldn't want to play for a United team). Everyone else wouldn't really cut it, I don't think. Even Healy, who looks a bit crap in the Premiership. Lafferty would be one for the future. Clingan wouldn't touch the u20's.

Virtually every player starting for Ireland would walk into the 6 county team.