Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 29, 2010, 05:58:22 PM
Eh what difference does it make knowing the alias he posted under when he already admitted to it ?

I wasn't aware that he had admitted this. Is there a link?
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2010, 06:48:58 PM
Eh what difference does it make knowing the alias he posted under when he already admitted to it ?

I remember Ziggy making reference to his previous username. Didn't think it was a secret. He had had a few I think though. G••••• Y•••• was the one Ziggy mentioned.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

QuoteMr Quinn admitted criticising the BBC on internet discussion boards, adding it was " a poor error of judgment for which I apologise". He said it was an attempt to inform fans "of what was behind anti-GAA coverage in BBC NI".

Fair enough, I apologise to Boojangles. I had read that post but this didn't stick for some reason.

Not sure I would have admitted it so easily. Remember the Bard of Dunclug excuse?
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 06:55:19 PM

I remember Ziggy making reference to his previous username. Didn't think it was a secret. He had had a few I think though. G••••• Y•••• was the one Ziggy mentioned.

The name I referred to, was a well known name. Apparently he came back under a different name. Or so they say...
Testing Accessibility

DennistheMenace

Yup.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ziggysego on April 29, 2010, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 29, 2010, 04:46:14 PM
Maybe I've missed the point here but has JQ not already admitted posting the messages and this led to his sacking??? I didn't think he was denying these allegations then or now

Correct, he has admitted to that and says he was in the wrong. This is about the BBC attitude towards GAA coverage, compared to other sports.
That's what Jerome Quinn is trying to convince the tribunal it's about. The next couple of weeks will show if he's right. The reality may well be that this is simply a story of another broadcaster who'd fallen out of favour with his employer for more mundane reasons.

In the Onion Bag

Best of luck with his case but I can't avoid feeling JQ's on a hiding  to nothing.  His case will not stack up at law.  I can only  surmise he has calculated that the publicity gained will help him  endear welcome from the warm arms of GAA to help with his future.  I can't help  having doubts about this case though.  For instance:

1. His  claim of being Mr GAA does not convince me at all.  What has he  done to earn it?  Outside of self-promoting PR, can anyone set out his  true GAA pedigree?  I remember him publishing a book aimed at the  Christmas market on GAA/Soccer/Rugger but ended up giving it away  as nobody bought it.  This, to me, indicated a mercenary attitude showing he is prepared to perform whatever audience would pay.  In the end it  proved another misjudgement. 

2. I suspect that any extra GAA  input (above that of the average 5/8 like you and me) only began when he  entered sports PR?  I stand to be corrected here but what, if anything,  did he do for the GAA before?  Was he a staunch,proactive GAA figure at Omagh where he grew up or did the Mr GAA bit come later? Perhaps the St Enda's faithfull could enlighen  us this?

3. I can't help asking myself why is he  representing himself?  Was no one prepared to take his case - did the  Equality Commission chase him away?  Although I can see how he may have  calculated that self-representation would save on costly legal costs but  does he not realise he could still end up with the BEEB's and if so yet  another serious misjudgement.

Hopefully, although not a  guarantee, his action may lead to enhanced GAA coverage across the NI  Broadcasters but this pendulum could swing either way on the outcome of  this case. 

sammymaguire

point 3 biggest mistake of all for me OB, that is a very strange choice to make in something as high profile as this  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on April 29, 2010, 10:26:58 PM
Best of luck with his case but I can't avoid feeling JQ's on a hiding  to nothing.  His case will not stack up at law.  I can only  surmise he has calculated that the publicity gained will help him  endear welcome from the warm arms of GAA to help with his future.  I can't help  having doubts about this case though.  For instance:

1. His  claim of being Mr GAA does not convince me at all.  What has he  done to earn it?  Outside of self-promoting PR, can anyone set out his  true GAA pedigree?  I remember him publishing a book aimed at the  Christmas market on GAA/Soccer/Rugger but ended up giving it away  as nobody bought it.  This, to me, indicated a mercenary attitude showing he is prepared to perform whatever audience would pay.  In the end it  proved another misjudgement. 

2. I suspect that any extra GAA  input (above that of the average 5/8 like you and me) only began when he  entered sports PR?  I stand to be corrected here but what, if anything,  did he do for the GAA before?  Was he a staunch,proactive GAA figure at Omagh where he grew up or did the Mr GAA bit come later? Perhaps the St Enda's faithfull could enlighen  us this?

3. I can't help asking myself why is he  representing himself?  Was no one prepared to take his case - did the  Equality Commission chase him away?  Although I can see how he may have  calculated that self-representation would save on costly legal costs but  does he not realise he could still end up with the BEEB's and if so yet  another serious misjudgement.

Hopefully, although not a  guarantee, his action may lead to enhanced GAA coverage across the NI  Broadcasters but this pendulum could swing either way on the outcome of  this case.

...and the little boy pointed at the Emporer and said he is wearing no clothes. A lot of truth in this post.

Ulick

What's all this "Mr GAA" stuff about? New to me.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Ulick on April 29, 2010, 11:32:01 PM
What's all this "Mr GAA" stuff about? New to me.

I think the term Mr GAA was quoted in the IN earlier this week as a quote from Jerome.

boojangles

Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2010, 01:52:55 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 29, 2010, 11:36:46 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2010, 05:18:15 AM
Quote from: boojangles on April 28, 2010, 11:50:45 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2010, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 27, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Under what name did Jerome post on here?

Fair play to him anyway. Always struck me as a good GAA man who knew his stuff. Hopefully something good arises out of this for him anyway.

For God's sake nobody answer that.
This is an anonymous forum. Everyone is technically anonymous unless they decide to reveal their username themselves. I would say the BBC or anyone else would have quite a job proving who an anonymous poster on an anonymous website actually was. Especially such a high profile individual given the chance of someone pretending to be him.

Best of luck Jerome.

For God's sake pull your head out of Jerome's ass will ya. I was only asking a question.You don't have to answer it.
If he was posting on here you can be sure the BBC and their reps will have known a long time ago.

I am from Mayo. I am barely aware of him. Nordie celebs are irrelevant to me. I would just be wary of this board grassing, accidently or otherwise. Imagine if 20 guys had come back and posted an identical answer? Thankfully no one was stupid enough to answer your question or we might be hearing it in court.

You could have asked for a PM.

Have you read through the whole thread Muppet? Obviously not.Some people are not as far up Jerome's ass as you Muppet.
If BBC have evidence against Mr Quinn it would be gathered already so don't be so naive Muppet.
If your barely aware of him why do you give a fiddlers about him Muppet?

Who do you recommend that I PM Muppet? All 3000 members??? The answer doesn't bother me that much.

You are not very bright are you? You could simply post the question you asked but requesting your answer as a PM not a public post. It happens all the time, e.g. the DUP scandals.

As for the evidence, has anyone here seen it yet? The case hasn't finished yet so how do you know the BBC's computer evidence is as they say it is? The naivety here is staggering.

We know they accused him of posting on this board slagging managers. The geniuses here ASSUME the BBC have all the evidence they need to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. So that's it in a nutshell then? Guilty as charged?

With friends like these.............

The naivety here is staggering. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Anyway apology accepted. Muppet. :P

longrunsthefox

He has admiited he did it... case closed. Whatever his gripes it was a crazy thing to do.

cadhlancian

I know that his brother Paddy was a decent enough full back in the 80's and into the early 90's. Played in a county final.

Ulick

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 30, 2010, 12:07:43 AM
He has admiited he did it... case closed. Whatever his gripes it was a crazy thing to do.

Not quite. Depends on what he said and whether there was process for him to air grievances in house.