Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

14,900 against Poland WC qualifier March 2009 and Poland would have had a good few supporters there too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/3073892

muppet

Quote from: boojangles on April 27, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Under what name did Jerome post on here?

Fair play to him anyway. Always struck me as a good GAA man who knew his stuff. Hopefully something good arises out of this for him anyway.

For God's sake nobody answer that.

This is an anonymous forum. Everyone is technically anonymous unless they decide to reveal their username themselves. I would say the BBC or anyone else would have quite a job proving who an anonymous poster on an anonymous website actually was. Especially such a high profile individual given the chance of someone pretending to be him.

Best of luck Jerome.
MWWSI 2017

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Feckitt on April 27, 2010, 04:37:12 PM
The mindset at the BBC seems to be that between soccer and GAA ( to make this easier I am leaving out rugby and other sports)

1. Northern Ireland International soccer is top dog
2. Irish league club soccer is the equivalent of Championship GAA
3. National League GAA barely merits a mention
4. McKenna Cup, Club finals or hurling of any description- Forget it.

This is despite the fact that some Club Finals have a bigger attendance than many NI International matches.
Also if an  Ulster Championship match in Clones has 35,000 at it, I would safely say that the majority of Irish League soccer clubs would need to play 50 games before they would get a total attendance of 35,000! 
But as far as the BBC is concerned Newry Town v Distillery is just as important as Down v Armagh.

Fair play Jerome, this shit needs to be exposed!

No way....the lower reaches of the Irish League are waaaay more important than the Championship
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

haranguerer

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2010, 03:00:13 PM
Good luck to him, I see he is representing himself which will not be easy.  I am sure he has had advice aplenty from a few people in the legal profession though.

I'm a little worried about this as well. I'm sure hes capable, but doesnt have the experience. The beeb will be well backed. I'm sure there would have been quite a few legalites around who would have leant him a hand.

Barrister Joe Brolly taking on the BBC would have been better than Oj Simpsons trial.

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on April 27, 2010, 04:56:03 PM
Good luck to him, I see he is representing himself which will not be easy.  I am sure he has had advice aplenty from a few people in the legal profession though.

I'm a little worried about this as well. I'm sure hes capable, but doesnt have the experience. The beeb will be well backed. I'm sure there would have been quite a few legalites around who would have leant him a hand.

Barrister Joe Brolly taking on the BBC would have been better than Oj Simpsons trial.

Imagine the headlines:

Auntie beaten by Brolly!
MWWSI 2017

Feckitt

Quote from: Cde on April 27, 2010, 04:53:03 PM
14,900 against Poland WC qualifier March 2009 and Poland would have had a good few supporters there too

Almost as many as the Down Armagh game in Pairc Esler.  I wonder which game would be given prominence by the BBC?

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on April 27, 2010, 04:56:03 PM

"Hould on Sir!"  :P
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Logan

Quote from: Cde on April 27, 2010, 04:53:03 PM

And then the few hundred they kicked the crap out of on the way to it

AidyMac

Good Luck Jerome!

Don't be scared to call in favours with Brolly, am sure he would love it ;)

SLIGONIAN

Best of luck Jerome, i thought he did a good job.

If the reason he was sacked was for something he said on here, someone must of told his bosses what username and what post he made, and then they got him to admit as how else did they prove it...thats very low act imo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stew

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 27, 2010, 05:40:51 PM
Best of luck Jerome, i thought he did a good job.

If the reason he was sacked was for something he said on here, someone must of told his bosses what username and what post he made, and then they got him to admit as how else did they prove it...thats very low act imo.

You can admit nothing, deny everything and they will stil get him if he used his work computer to send out messages on their time, this is probably a no win case if this is in fact what he did, I wonder however if they had spoken to him in the past about using the internet for other than work related needs, that said in his line of work that would be very broad.

Good luck to him, he is of course 100% correct but proving it will be tough, especially when he is representing himself, that is one very, very bad decision if true.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Good luck Jerome!
Show them up!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Worker

About time something was done about this. Jerome you have the support of the Ulster GAA family.

lawnseed

this is all news to me, i thought Jerome left of his own accord to persue a new career. now it transpires that he got dismissed for trying to highlight what we've all known for years the BBC are bigots. we each could fill the pages of this site with numerous examples of how they've shortchanged Gaels, but won't hesitate to prosecute for non payment of the despicable licence fee. i can only hope that Jerome is able to prove in law what is blindingly obvious and that he is able to forge a new career reporting the sport he loves.
    its hardly likely but maybe the ulster council will release a statement on behalf of Gaels that are forced to pay the bigots for media coverage we don't get, maybe our licence fee could paid to tnag and be used to enhance their coverage. >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once