Parking restrictions enforced around Croker

Started by Louth Exile, April 21, 2008, 11:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

Park in the college. €10 and no worry about the clampers.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Fuzzman

Can anyone else confirm that most streets around Drumcondra have been changed to Pay & display 07:00 to 00.00 Mon to Sunday?

Surely this is going to have a huge impact on people this weekend coming from Donegal, Cork, Kildare & Tyrone as well as Kerry and the odd Dub.

I can see loads of traffic problems and clamping as people wont know where else to go unless they know the area well.

Louth Exile

It is certainly the case for most of those streets off lower Drumcondra Road between Quinns and Kennedys.

I parked there for the Ireland v Bulgaria soccer game and didn't put up a ticket at all because the closese machine was busted and got away with it!! It wasn't a double header though and I was taking a chance.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

donelli

Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 27, 2009, 12:42:32 AM
Park in the college. €10 and no worry about the clampers.

Unfortunelty, the college can only accomadate a certain number. It'll be mayhem next sunday with the new parking restrictions enforced at drumcondra, where both Tyrone and Donegal cars will be coming from that end of town.

bingobus

At the U2 concerts it did appear to be largely pay and display on the roads behind Quinns down to Fagans corner.

A few of the further smaller roads, where we parked, seem to be the ok still.

Will be leaving it tight for some, didn't notice how much the hourly rate was.

donelli

its 2 hour max, so even pay and display is a non-runner.

john mcgill

I enquired about the train from Portadown to Dublin on Sunday, there is no footballspecial for Tyrone and its £33.50 return on the Enterprise.  Looks like its driving and parking well out

john mcgill

TYP
Thanks.  I am going to cheer on the person you would probably like to see win!

Fuzzman

There seems to be a lot of parking spaces at that church at Whitehall as you come towards Collins Ave crossroads after the tunnel.

Would it not be handy to park there & hop on a bus down the road? 

Goldengreen

Noticed more pay and display around croke park on sunday. There was a resident selling visitor passes for 10 euros on the street we parked on, as pay and display was only 2 hours max. When heading back to the car the clammpers were out in force.

Archie Mitchell

The pay and display only operates from Monday - Saturday, so should be ok to park on a Sunday.

orangeman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 04, 2009, 08:59:39 AM
The pay and display only operates from Monday - Saturday, so should be ok to park on a Sunday.
[/b]

Try telling that to the rows of car owners who got clamped on Sunday past.

Goldengreen

Signs on the street indicate it operates Monday to Sunday. Also signs up saying Croke Park Events - Clamping in  operation

Archie Mitchell

Any signs that I seen were Monday - Saturday. Though the Saturday seemed to have been a sticker covering something else which could have been Sunday. Cheeky Dubs again maybe.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I must have passed 6-7 clamped Tyrone cars in the one street. I'm in two minds. One is that ffs its a Sunday can the clampers not lay off. Second, how in under god do you not know by now about the clampers off the lower drumcondra road!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken