Parking restrictions enforced around Croker

Started by Louth Exile, April 21, 2008, 11:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornafean

One of the weekend newspapers (possibly the Indo) reported that local authorities are LOSING money on their vehicle clamping operations as not enough cars are being clamped to justify the cost of the "service". Hence there is zero chance of the clampers laying off anytime soon.

Sadly, the politicians and local government officials who are responsible for car clamping policies will be the last people to suffer from their implementation, or from the damage they are doing to local economies and businesses.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Archie Mitchell

The 2km parking ban around Croker has been shelved :)

No to Croke Park no park

Plans to set up a 2km parking ban around Croke Park on match days have been rejected. Dublin City councillors voted against the proposal yesterday after a study found the scheme would cost €200,000 to set up and €84,000 a year to run.

Finally some common sense. Will this mean the end of the clampers or will they now be out in force?

EC Unique

Louth Exile

My god, sense prevails at local govt level  :o  Good to hear it  :)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fuzzman

Where did you hear that Archie?

Does that mean they're gonna change all the signs again then. I'd say the local residents aren't too pleased.
I thought they should run good Park & Ride services.

Archie Mitchell

Read it in today's Irish News, news part, not the sport. Was only a small article as what I posted was all that was in the article.

EDIT: Page 9 of Tuesdays Irish News.