Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

SO with Justin 99.99% out, that probably means Joe goes FB and a reprieve for either Holmes or Hughes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Lads, this isn't funny anymore - what is it with Trone's hamstrings ?

tyroneman

Since Tally left we have been far less fit and yet had SON, Mugsy, Tommy, Justin and many many more plagued with soft tissue injuries.........................still MH sees nothing wrong with the physical training

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: western exile on June 11, 2008, 07:02:46 PM
That has got to be a wind up.  The rule is...   if the referee misses something, then it can be dealt with by a committee after the event and issue a suspension. However, if the referee dealt with it at the time, then the committee can do nothing.

Wrong. That hasn't been the rule for at least six years

thewobbler

Right, so the list of absentees from last week's team so far reads:

Justin McMahon
Conor Gormley
Davy Harte
Enda McGinley
Colm Cavanagh

On top of this, Big Sean can't possibly motor for 60 minutes. Dooher and both McGuigans are lucky to be alive at this stage, and Mugsy may never walk again.

Tell me something, are you Tyrone hoors trying to be cute hoors or what? Fellas, it doesn't suit yis.

Puckoon

Quote from: thewobbler on June 11, 2008, 09:44:15 PM

Justin McMahon
Conor Gormley
Davy Harte
Enda McGinley
Colm Cavanagh

On top of this, Big Sean can't possibly motor for 60 minutes. Dooher and both McGuigans are lucky to be alive at this stage, and Mugsy may never walk again.

Thats just about the height of it.

passedit

Quote from: thewobbler on June 11, 2008, 09:44:15 PM

Justin McMahon
Conor Gormley
Davy Harte
Enda McGinley
Colm Cavanagh

Tell me something, are you Tyrone hoors trying to be cute hoors or what? Fellas, it doesn't suit yis.

It's worse than that wobbler, Eugene Mc Kenna's achill eyes are playin him up again and Kevin Mc Cabe has a sprained moustache. I think i'll save my cash for the semi final.
Don't Panic

imtommygunn

I have to say I really was hoping for a good tight game again here but am disappointed to hear of Gordon's injury and Cole's suspension as I think,though I hope I'm wrong, this will make it a step too far for this Down team.

Who will Down shift into full back now?

I would assume they'd play Lynch and Rodgers in midfield now?

More is needed from Danny Hughes / John Clarke too but I think they'll be better this week.

Leo

Quote from: D4S on June 11, 2008, 08:30:03 PM
Same as Healy Park like that also though, all terrace tickets say Canal Terrace but you can stand behind either goals or up the side...my 4 tickets I picked up 2day all say canal terrace also! Ive attended loads of games at esler and definitely the terracing is not seperated...see you there An Dun Abu!

Wrong D4S - as far as I know for championship games the three terrace areas are all gated off and the only way to the Canal Terrace is round the back of the stand through a cordoned off passageway. The loads of games you attended may have been McKenna or NFL where nowhere near a full house allows for more open access but deffo not for such a big game as this. Health & Safety requirements.
However go to the top of the Canal Terrace and you will have as good a view of the game as anywhere - great aspect -  and in comfort.
Fierce tame altogether

ONeill

Just heard Mickey Harte has an awful case of the runs and Art MacRory has a greyhound running that night. Fr McAleer is taking the team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

What's the name of the terrace along the side opposite the stand? Would rather not stand behind the goal if possible. Thought Newry was a nice ground in 04 and that was before the stand was even done, I'm sure it looks well now.

Leo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 11, 2008, 10:49:49 PM
What's the name of the terrace along the side opposite the stand? Would rather not stand behind the goal if possible. Thought Newry was a nice ground in 04 and that was before the stand was even done, I'm sure it looks well now.

Opposite the stand is the Town Terrace.
Yes ground looks great, very simialr to the job done at Omagh, although I hear the pitch is seriously over-used.
Fierce tame altogether

redandblackjack

Quote from: Leo on June 11, 2008, 10:55:07 PM

Opposite the stand is the Town Terrace.
Yes ground looks great, very simialr to the job done at Omagh, although I hear the pitch is seriously over-used.

You heard wrong......for the money that was spent on it, it should be fit for more traffic than it gets!

western exile

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on June 11, 2008, 09:36:45 PM
Quote from: western exile on June 11, 2008, 07:02:46 PM
That has got to be a wind up.  The rule is...   if the referee misses something, then it can be dealt with by a committee after the event and issue a suspension. However, if the referee dealt with it at the time, then the committee can do nothing.

Wrong. That hasn't been the rule for at least six years

six years your arse!  Can you back that up?   
I remember a player last year or the year before (but cant remember whom) getting a suspension, by committee, afterwards with video evidence, and subsequently getting off on this very technicality.

western exile

Okay, I had to do some googling and found this from Saturday, 23 June 2007

Following recommendations from the Management Committee, the following motions were agreed by the Council:
1. blah blah...
2. blah blah...
3. blah blah...
4. In accordance with the current Rule 144 (e), Ard-Chomhairle directs that the Central Competitions Control Committee may make a written request for clarification from a referee where the Committee is in the course of investigating a possible infraction. In that context the CCCC can choose to provide the referee with reliable and unedited video evidence of the possible infraction. In the event that the referee confirms his decision no further action may be taken, but if he states that he did not adjudicate on a particular case or that he did not deal with it appropriately the case may be pursued further.