Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

all the down players got injured at training last night, squad members and all in a freak accident.  they are all 99.9% doubtful for saturday!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lecale2

Quote from: bridgegael on June 12, 2008, 07:20:06 AM
all the down players got injured at training last night, squad members and all in a freak accident.  they are all 99.9% doubtful for saturday!

Now you're being silly.

feetofflames

Going to this.  Never have I attended a replay whereby the former favourites morale is so low.  Apocolyptic injury crisis in the redhand training camp at the moment.  I hope that the team can at least put in a performance that in defeat can leave Tyrone peoplewith some sort of pride.  Tyrone this Saturday night could get destroyed.
Chief Wiggum

snappiered

Does anyone have any idea of the stand layout? Which are the best sections? Any TYrone ones have a stab at the team?

ONeill

I can see Mickey naming the same side, or as close to it, simply because of the 6-day turnaround. Every last hour is needed to aid recovery and the team named tonight will probably be chopped and changed by Saturday night.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

D4S

Quote from: Leo on June 11, 2008, 10:33:13 PM
Quote from: D4S on June 11, 2008, 08:30:03 PM
Same as Healy Park like that also though, all terrace tickets say Canal Terrace but you can stand behind either goals or up the side...my 4 tickets I picked up 2day all say canal terrace also! Ive attended loads of games at esler and definitely the terracing is not seperated...see you there An Dun Abu!

Wrong D4S - as far as I know for championship games the three terrace areas are all gated off and the only way to the Canal Terrace is round the back of the stand through a cordoned off passageway.

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

D4S

Can anyone else verify this? I thought the terracing was all the same at any game ive ever been to. I got 5 tickets for the game for different people from 3 deifferent places and all say canal terrace. Is thuis coincidence all are for that 1 area, or do all terrace tickets say canal terrace...I definitel thought a terrace ticket you could stand at any of 3 sides of the pitch??? 
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

western exile

Quote from: D4S on June 12, 2008, 10:46:40 AM
Can anyone else verify this? I thought the terracing was all the same at any game ive ever been to. I got 5 tickets for the game for different people from 3 deifferent places and all say canal terrace. Is thuis coincidence all are for that 1 area, or do all terrace tickets say canal terrace...I definitel thought a terrace ticket you could stand at any of 3 sides of the pitch??? 
I cannot be 100% sure, but my understanding is that for full house games, entrance to the Canal Terrace can only be gotten to via the back of the Stand and  not via the Town Terrace.

redandblackjack

Quote from: western exile on June 12, 2008, 11:37:35 AM

I cannot be 100% sure, but my understanding is that for full house games, entrance to the Canal Terrace can only be gotten to via the back of the Stand and  not via the Town Terrace.

Correct. The Canal End is closed off from the Town Terrace with entrance as western has said via the turnstiles on the Far left (stand side) as you walk to the ground. I haven't heard anything to suggest any different on Saturday. Luck of the draw i suppose.

orangeman

What's wrong that so many players are injured ? It can't be just bad luck !

Feckitt

I hear Withnell is making a comeback for this game!! ;)

buglebhoy

Quote from: Feckitt on June 12, 2008, 12:05:34 PM
I hear Withnell is making a comeback for this game!! ;)

I hope not!! He played against the bridge last friday night and was woeful to say the least!! Prob better than any tyrone midfielder though at the minute  ;D

Leo

Quote from: snappiered on June 12, 2008, 09:13:26 AM
Does anyone have any idea of the stand layout? Which are the best sections? Any TYrone ones have a stab at the team?

Anywhere is the stand gives a great view. Much like Omagh, except the Newry stand is not as long as the construction is restricted by a neighbouring factory, but it is deeper from froont to back so holds about the same as Omagh.  Best sections are D, E, F. Better access than Omagh with excellent gangways and stairs.If you are down near the front you might get wet  - but that's only DJ pissing about.
Fierce tame altogether

stiffler

I got tickets for the Town terrace, is this the terrace facing the stand?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

omagh_gael

just checked on ticket master for tickets and it said they're currently unavailable, they'd hardly be sold out already??