Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Quote from: the green man on June 14, 2008, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on June 14, 2008, 09:47:00 PM
Rubbish! This is the year of the underdog. Fermanagh to reach their first Ulster final since 82. Fermanagh Down final

Wasn't it 82 when Derry were cruising to an Ulster Final, and Fermanagh came back and won? I believe that Fermangh wore Green shirts and Red togs them days

Yep, beaten by Armagh in the final. Fermangh did indeed wear green and red back then. They changed to green and white in the mid to late 80's
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Square Ball

Quote from: jodyb on June 14, 2008, 10:08:51 PM
Ziggy, thought you were at the game? You on a blackberry or some other technological miracle that scares the sh!t outa me??

its called a phone Jodyb  ;)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Bogball XV

Quote from: FermPundit on June 14, 2008, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: the green man on June 14, 2008, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on June 14, 2008, 09:47:00 PM
Rubbish! This is the year of the underdog. Fermanagh to reach their first Ulster final since 82. Fermanagh Down final

Wasn't it 82 when Derry were cruising to an Ulster Final, and Fermanagh came back and won? I believe that Fermangh wore Green shirts and Red togs them days

Yep, beaten by Armagh in the final. Fermangh did indeed wear green and red back then. They changed to green and white in the mid to late 80's
I think derry were beat in the first round up in irvinestown that year - i think it was my first game, unless they lost to fermanagh two years in a row.  We've handed out some amount of hammerings to them since then though.

downredblack

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2008, 10:06:14 PM
Downredblack won't be allowed back on the net for a week! ;)

Theres always work Zzig  ;) but I'm hoping she is going to come through the door and say "i dont care that your drunk , up Down . Supose I should go to Bed and dream there . :)

ziggysego

Wireless phones Jody. One of these new fangled things. Don't think it'll catch on though.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Donagh

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2008, 10:18:12 PM
Wireless phones Jody. One of these new fangled things. Don't think it'll catch on though.

Ziggy don't mean to gloat or anything, but...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6859.45

Hehe...

jodyb

Quote from: Square Ball on June 14, 2008, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: jodyb on June 14, 2008, 10:08:51 PM
Ziggy, thought you were at the game? You on a blackberry or some other technological miracle that scares the sh!t outa me??

its called a phone Jodyb  ;)
Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2008, 10:18:12 PM

Ah ffs boys what wud I no? Sure i only got a mobile about 6 months ago an that was just at the missus insistence, so that she cud keep an eye on me!!

Carmen Stateside

See the BBC has Down being reduced to ten men in the second half  ::)

superblues

Main Street

Quote from: D4S on June 14, 2008, 12:36:19 PM
70 mins Down 2-12 Tyrone 2-12

AET Down 2-16 Tyrone 2-15!!!

John Clarke and Benny will have stormers 2nite scoring 1-5 each...........just wait and see...I dreamt this last nite :D

Not bad D4S, close enough to get the cigar.

But I bet the dream didn't quite capture the nail biting drama.

Whitehair

Just in there now with a fish supper and a six pack of magners, never as happy to sit in on a saturday nite! The lads showed great character to come back from being 4 up, to level then 4 down in extra time and grind out a win. A game of swings and roundabouts and luckily we came out on top, all credit to the panel, management and Ricey for a great assist!

goh4205

Quote from: superblues on June 14, 2008, 10:33:40 PM
did anyone else think the ref was poor

I thought he had a shite game, infact i thought he was anti down.  The seemed to be half killed before they got their free.  He's a complete gobshite is our Pat.

Pangurban

What a game, a real classic, they wont get entertainment like that at the European Championships or in the so called Premiership. Great night to be a Downman, we will enjoy it for a while, while sparing a thought for Tyrone, they were lion-hearted tonight and would have deserved a draw. I suspect we have not seen the last of them this year, they will break a few hearts in the qualifiers. Meanwhile us Down men will start to dream, sober analysis can be left to later

reddgnhand

i think we lost this one on the line. I'm still lost as to what tactics MH sent that team out with tonight. To keep big Sean in full forward for that length of time was criminal. Totally wasted in there. I was in line with him for the second half and he was totally frustrated.