Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Quote from: jodyb on June 14, 2008, 09:32:10 PM
Down Derry Ulster final ;)

Rubbish! This is the year of the underdog. Fermanagh to reach their first Ulster final since 82. Fermanagh Down final
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

DUBSFORSAM1

Well a 3rd year in a row Tyrone get beaten by a "weaker" team - Are people still claiming they are in the top 2/3 anymore?

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2008, 09:47:25 PM
Jesus. Is anyone else still buzzing?

yip, some game, hope tomorrows game is half as good as that, with different winners of course.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ludermor

Superb result for Down, have they improved that much this year or have tyrone regressed?

jodyb

Quote from: Square Ball on June 14, 2008, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2008, 09:47:25 PM
Jesus. Is anyone else still buzzing?

yip, some game, hope tomorrows game is half as good as that, with different winners of course.

2 different teams playin. has to be different winners ;D

the green man

Quote from: FermPundit on June 14, 2008, 09:47:00 PM
Rubbish! This is the year of the underdog. Fermanagh to reach their first Ulster final since 82. Fermanagh Down final

Wasn't it 82 when Derry were cruising to an Ulster Final, and Fermanagh came back and won? I believe that Fermangh wore Green shirts and Red togs them days

ziggysego

Woah, exciting stuff. Could have stolen the game, but the better team won.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Right, can some one please explain why Down were able to start extra time with 15 men? 
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

jodyb

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2008, 09:53:37 PM
He means Antrim - Down.
Apologies Square. Dont follow the annual Down Antrim hurling get together with the same enthusiasm. I will concede, however, that I jumped on the Derry bandwagon, albeit very briefly, few years back. But then antrim came back an fcuked it all up by resoring the natural order

Carmen Stateside

An chance of a short rundown, just in from work, seems like i missed a good one!! Rippin >:(

jodyb

Quote from: Square Ball on June 14, 2008, 09:59:31 PM
Right, can some one please explain why Down were able to start extra time with 15 men? 
My understanding has always been that it is considered to be a new game, even though its played on the same day and only lasts 20 mins

downredblack

Please God I never have to to go through an other radio game ( hats off puckoon for the link ) nerves totally gone plus I'm locked and the Mrs. is due in from work in about 15 mins . i'm dead and I dont care  ;D Wwould have loved to have been there .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ziggysego

Downredblack won't be allowed back on the net for a week! ;)
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Quote from: Square Ball on June 14, 2008, 09:59:31 PM

Because thems the rules  ;)
It's considered a new game as someone said  ... BUT
apparently if you get a yellow card in ordinary time and another in extra time you get sent off???
An exciting night i bPáirc Esler but RTE.ie did their best to fcuk it up  - going off altogether for the last 5 mins of normal time and then the second half of extra time... no pictures, 2 sounds and every so often some lad would start doing a report on the game.
Still a good win eventually for Down but I think the oul mileage on the clock is telling on Tyrone as they arent able to see out the big battles anymore.
I still hope we dont get them in the Qualifiers though .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

jodyb

Ziggy, thought you were at the game? You on a blackberry or some other technological miracle that scares the sh!t outa me??