GAA must 'reach out' to unionism

Started by Maguire01, April 01, 2008, 05:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 22, 2008, 05:21:15 PM
Lynchboy,
He knows he is wrong, he does this on purpose just to wind people up.
A real hero of the OWC coming over here are giving us what for and all  ;)

I know - but I like to see how he continues to lie through his buck teeth and wont admit he is wrong, in the typical never never never loyalist/unionist manner  ::)

he is demonstrating to the 'mexicans' and others who may not have had any dealings with the two faced-ness of unionists/loyalists and unionism/loyalism - what they are really like

proving my point for me really.  ;) :D

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 22, 2008, 05:21:15 PM
Lynchboy,
He knows he is wrong, he does this on purpose just to wind people up.
How am I wrong? The only person that's on a wind-up is LynchBhoy, who's moved the goalposts so many times that he's not even sure what he's asking.

winsamsoon

Gaelic football and hurling. Lynch was a member of the winning Dungiven team which won the Feile na nGael in Thurles, County Tipperary in 1971 and in 1972 he captained the County Derry Hurling team to an Under-16 All-Ireland title at Croke Park, Dublin by beating County Armagh.[2]

[edit] INLA career
He was tried, convicted and sentenced to ten years for stealing shotguns, taking part in a punishment shooting and conspiring to take arms from the security forces and sent to the Maze Prison for ten years in December 1977. He got involved in the blanket protest and joined the 1981 Irish Hunger Strike on May 23, 1981 and died 71 days later.

[edit] References from wikipedia

Now no one certainly not me sammy is arguing that Lynch had republican links but where in this does it say he was a sectarian murderer?? It does however provide details of his links with the GAA and in particular the club Dungiven. As i have said before the ground wasn't named after him for his exploits into repubicanism but because he was a member of the club (Dungiven) and he contriubuted to the identity of Nationalist ie the hunger strikes (votes and other issues for the nationalsit community). But the name was not in honour of his links to the IRA or INLA. This may seem hard for you to understand sammy because you are a little ignorant to it probably because you are not a member of the GAA but as a member i can never remember sectarianism being the motivation behind any name of trophy ground or anything else for that matter. The majority of the GAA members wouldn't allow sectrianism to infiltrate the GAA because it was always separate from the political environment at the time. It was loyalist death squads that tried to make the GAA political and police brutality (stopping games being played because they would refuse t let players through) I recall going to many an under age games with my father and being taking out of the bus and searched with nothing on me only my skip and boots. Despite this i never wanted the GAA to become political as  i was happy with the organisation the way it was. I can have strong republican views or strong Islamic views and be a member of the GAA but this has nothing to do with the GAA and certainly doesn't make the GAA terrorists or murderers. It remains a separate identity and is only confused by ignorant people who cannot see past the end of their own noses, people who look for excuses not to move forward. The GAA is mainly vetoed by southern delegates who hold the majority because of numbers, would you be saying that all these southern delegates who voted to remove rule 42 and 21 would be sectarian murderers or sympathisers to sectarian murderers. Come on sammy wind it in and catch a grip.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 05:35:23 PM
"you are saying that Kevin Lynch park is named after a 'sectarian murderer' then?"
For the umpteenth time, yes Kevin Lynch was a sectarian murderer.

SammyG

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 22, 2008, 05:59:11 PMNow no one certainly not me sammy is arguing that Lynch had republican links but where in this does it say he was a sectarian murderer?? It does however provide details of his links with the GAA and in particular the club Dungiven. As i have said before the ground wasn't named after him for his exploits into repubicanism but because he was a member of the club (Dungiven) and he contriubuted to the identity of Nationalist ie the hunger strikes (votes and other issues for the nationalsit community). But the name was not in honour of his links to the IRA or INLA. This may seem hard for you to understand sammy because you are a little ignorant to it probably because you are not a member of the GAA but as a member i can never remember sectarianism being the motivation behind any name of trophy ground or anything else for that matter.
So somebody that was a non-playing reserve is deserving of having a ground named after him??? Aye right enough.  ::)

Main Street

Is naming a ground/club after GAA stalwart Fergal O'Hanlon okay?
or is he regarded as one of those so called "sectarian killers?
Or is there a timeline? a sort of a Unionist amnesty for using names of so called "sectarian killers" active before 1960.
Where are the guidelines on this?  Who makes the guidelines?

I don't think most Unionists give a second thought after their first impression that the GAA is a hateful bunch of bigots out to rob them of their identity.

Apart from the suggested change in the first post other changes are down to local clubs in their own area.

Maguire01

SammyG, you'd be better off just holding your hands up on this one.  
He wasn't a convicted sectarian murderer, but he was an active republican paramilitary, which is just as bad in the eyes of a Unionist.  Which is surely a perfectly understandable viewpoint from a Unionist perspective, no?

Is the above what the last 3 pages boil down to?

his holiness nb

To Sammy if you were ever an IRA member you are a sectarian murderer. Whether on not you have ever murdered anyone.

Hope this clarifies.

Regarding the lies Sammy, will you admit you have been caught telling lies on more than one previous occasion?

A yes or no answer will do fine.

And dont ask me for examples, I dont need convincing, I just want to see how honest you are.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 22, 2008, 06:43:57 PM
To Sammy if you were ever an IRA member you are a sectarian murderer. Whether on not you have ever murdered anyone.

Hope this clarifies.

If you voluntarily join a gang of sectarian murderers and go on 'active service', with them, then you are a sectarian murderer.

p.s. Lynch was INLA not IRA.

SammyG

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 22, 2008, 06:17:09 PM
SammyG, you'd be better off just holding your hands up on this one.  
He wasn't a convicted sectarian murderer,
And Al Capone was never convicted of being a gangster. The INLA, of which Lynch was a senior member, were a sectarian murder gang. Even the Provos thought they were too extreme.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 06:01:42 PM
"you are saying that Kevin Lynch park is named after a 'sectarian murderer' then?"
at long last we have it. you finally ar put into a corner and have to admit this is what you 'think.

for all your 'thoughts' the fact remains that Lynch was not a murderer.
It matters what you 'think' and your ascertions upon him being in the IRA or INLA.

why couldnt you just admit you were wrong all along?
Well the answer is obvious really - you have demonstrated to all on here the levels and absolute lies that loyalists/unionists will go to imply, hint and and then barefacedly pronounce to people.
its no wonder no one believes you and your ilk when you bleat about soccer and the peril that northern east ulster soccer team ( (C) T.Fearon) are always in.
Thanks for proving my case for me.

Pity you couldnt have returned the decent gesture with a straight and immediate answer that I gave you when you were looking for info on fixing the problem you had with a fecked up laptop - but not everyon has decency and manners. Luckily enough that kn**ker element have fled the country and are emigrating en masse to england (God help the poor english - they will be told that 'anglo-skats' is an ancient cultural 'language' before too long  :D)

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 08:09:32 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 06:01:42 PM
at long last we have it. you finally ar put into a corner and have to admit this is what you 'think.

for all your 'thoughts' the fact remains that Lynch was not a murderer.
It matters what you 'think' and your ascertions upon him being in the IRA or INLA.

why couldnt you just admit you were wrong all along?

WTF are you on about I answered your questions several times, you then asked a different one and I answered that, you then asked a different one and I answered that. Not once did I duck or stall, I answered all your questions. The fact that you can't face up to the fact that you glorifyy sectarian murder isn't my problem. Which bit of what I said is wrong?

winsamsoon

Lynch boy you are starting to confuse this thread with personal attacks on people. If sammy has a relevant point then let him air it without constantly bringing up the one point about admitting right or wrong. After all it ain't about who is right or wrong it is about trying to solve the issue.
Sammy you are still failing to realise that the GAA is non poiltical. You are looking at it from an outsider and therefore cannot possibly fanthom the ins and outs of the organisation. Do you think that with the current political environment and the eagerness of the media to jump on the backs of the GAA that the GAA would deliberately and willingly name grounds or anything else on terrorists alone??? The grounds have been so named because these people were special to a particular club or in some cases the identity of a particular area and NOT ON ANY BIGOTTED MOTIVE. They simply would never get away with it. I am not for glorifying terrorists and i know the GAA do not partake in this type of behaviour. It is against the rules in the GAA to become a political. a good example at the minute is the erction of a republican mural at eire ogs land in craigavon. There have been many objections to this by the members and it has split the club down the middle. I now think some form of action is going to be taken so if what you are saying is true then there wuld be no case. It doesn't go on sammy because there would always be people like you waiting in the winds for the opportunity to sink them. It is a facade made up by people who are pretending to take an interest in an age old organisation when they have clearly no love for it or respect for the reasons it was formed.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Maguire01

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 22, 2008, 10:01:17 PM
It doesn't go on sammy because there would always be people like you waiting in the winds for the opportunity to sink them. It is a facade made up by people who are pretending to take an interest in an age old organisation when they have clearly no love for it or respect for the reasons it was formed.

Whatever 'doesn't go on', shouldn't go on, because it's not right that it should go on in the first place.  Not because of what someone else thinks.  Whatever it is that doesn't go on, that is.  :P :D

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2008, 10:25:18 PM
f**k it, Sammy. To hell with the politics and all, if I get you Jody Gormley's number, could you round up 15 of your mates to go out and play for Antrim in the championship? Yis have a month to get into shape. Yis play Cavan first........Good Luck!

I think Hardstation that you'll find that Sammy's mates are practising their wee walks at this time of year and therefore won't be available !!  :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D