GAA must 'reach out' to unionism

Started by Maguire01, April 01, 2008, 05:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 01:45:29 PMBut are you now telling us that - no, you do not mean 'grounds named after people'  when you are quoting 'sectarian murderers' ?

Fcuk me this is getting silly now. You're having a go at me because of something you said.  ::) Must remember that one, it's a good technique.

Any way to answer your specific question regarding grounds named after murderers, the ones that I know of are
Kevin Lynch (I'm fairly sure you've heard of that one)
Louis Leonard Park in Fermanagh
Dromintee's ground in Armagh named after Jim Lochrie and Sean Campbell

SammyG

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 22, 2008, 02:31:44 PM
Sammy a piece of paper is not the be all or end of for a nationality. In fact it is pretty insignificant. Go and look up the meaning of nationality, i would doubt you will find the issue of a passport at the forefront.

I didn't say that a passport was the be all and end all of nationality. A passport is just the bit of paper that demonstrates your nationality, obviously there is a lot more behind it than just the bit of paper.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 01:45:29 PMBut are you now telling us that - no, you do not mean 'grounds named after people'  when you are quoting 'sectarian murderers' ?

Fcuk me this is getting silly now. You're having a go at me because of something you said.  ::) Must remember that one, it's a good technique.

Any way to answer your specific question regarding grounds named after murderers, the ones that I know of are
I cannot speak for the Fermanagh and Armagh grounds,
but if your assertions on them are as accurate on the one in dungiven, then your argument is null, void and you are lying through your teeth again , but this time I have bothered to pick you up on it.

Please tell me how Kevin Lynch was a sectarian murderer?
and then if you want do likewise forLeonard, Lochrie and campbell.

go back to your wee rat-friends to get all the info again, this time try to get correct factual information,
not the 'makey-uppie' stuff that unionsts/loyalists were guilty of in the 'bad old days' (pre-GFA).

could you not just admit you are wrong and guilty of lying rather than trying to peddle bigger lies?

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 03:03:46 PM

but if your assertions on them are as accurate on the one in dungiven, then your argument is null, void and you are lying through your teeth again , but this time I have bothered to pick you up on it.

go back to your wee rat-friends to get all the info again, this time try to get correct factual information,
not the 'makey-uppie' stuff that unionsts/loyalists were guilty of in the 'bad old days' (pre-GFA).

could you not just admit you are wrong and guilty of lying rather than trying to peddle bigger lies?

Do you need a hand moving those goalposts or are you alright?

You make up something that I never said and then ask me a question about it. Even though I never said it in the first place, I still answer your question and you now decide that I'm lying even though you 'can't speak for' the grounds in question.

I have not lied, stalled, twisited or anything else, I've answered your question. The fact that you don't like the answer isn't my problem and certainly doesn't make me a liar.

his holiness nb

No, but you repeatedly telling lies does.
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 03:12:56 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 03:03:46 PM

Do you need a hand moving those goalposts or are you alright?

You make up something that I never said and then ask me a question about it. Even though I never said it in the first place, I still answer your question and you now decide that I'm lying even though you 'can't speak for' the grounds in question.

I have not lied, stalled, twisited or anything else, I've answered your question. The fact that you don't like the answer isn't my problem and certainly doesn't make me a liar.
you are trying to twist it - not me.
if this wasnt what you were saying, then you could have 'corrected' this in an initial response to me.
I however, asked you a question, to which you 'replied' - so its not my problem or fault if you backtrack.

However, you have named 'Kevin Lynch Park' as being one of the grounds you mention
does this not smack of you being a bit szicho?
One minute you say you are not talking about grounds - the next you are writing out the list of grounds you construe to be dedicated to 'sectarian murderers'.

I thank you for answering the question ( ::)) and while I cannot answer for two of the grounds, I can safely say you are lying through your teeth on the Dungiven one.
you prob know this already, but it doesnt seem to stop you.

Unionists/loyalists like yourself will never allow yourselves to grasp any kind of rationale regarding convergence and peace.....its still 'peace' but on your terms, which is not going to cut the mustard for too much longer.
Luckily you and your ilk are a dying breed (think you are all jumping off the sinking ship and away to england! ;))

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 03:55:24 PMHowever, you have named 'Kevin Lynch Park' as being one of the grounds you mention
One minute you say you are not talking about grounds - the next you are writing out the list of grounds you construe to be dedicated to 'sectarian murderers'.
That was an answer to a totally different question. Try and keep up.
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 03:55:24 PM
I thank you for answering the question ( ::)) and while I cannot answer for two of the grounds, I can safely say you are lying through your teeth on the Dungiven one.
Which bit is a lie? Is the ground named after a different Kevin Lynch?

screenexile

Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 03:55:24 PMHowever, you have named 'Kevin Lynch Park' as being one of the grounds you mention

The ground is not named after Kevin Lynch at all the ground is called O'Cahan Park!

SammyG

Quote from: screenexile on April 22, 2008, 04:21:13 PM
The ground is not named after Kevin Lynch at all the ground is called O'Cahan Park!
You might want to have a wee word with the Derry GAA. They seem to think it's called Kevin Lynch Park. http://www.derrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=577&Itemid=70

screenexile

I stand corrected as I wasn't around when Kevin Lynch Park was unveiled. Apologies sammy.

SammyG

Quote from: screenexile on April 22, 2008, 04:46:57 PM
I stand corrected as I wasn't around when Kevin Lynch Park was unveiled. Apologies sammy.

No problem

lynchbhoy

so you are saying that Kevin Lynch park is named after a 'sectarian murderer' then?

as I posed the question, I surely know what ws asked, you had not answered this.

typical unionist/loyalist twisting.
For the folks reading this, I apologise for continuing on this and having to highlight the type of person that some folk think the GAA should pander to - but this is an example of the disengenuous unionist/loyalist and their desire to twist things and not answe the question directly asked.
::)

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 05:06:29 PM

so you are saying that Kevin Lynch park is named after a 'sectarian murderer' then?

as I posed the question, I surely know what ws asked, you had not answered this.

typical unionist/loyalist twisting

For the folks reading this, I apologise for continuing on this and having to highlight the type of person that some folk think the GAA should pander to - but this is an example of the disengenuous unionist/loyalist and their desire to twist things and not answe the question directly asked.

What am I twisting? You asked a question and I answered you.

his holiness nb

Lynchboy,
He knows he is wrong, he does this on purpose just to wind people up.
A real hero of the OWC coming over here are giving us what for and all  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on April 22, 2008, 05:11:38 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 22, 2008, 05:06:29 PM

typical unionist/loyalist twisting

What am I twisting? You asked a question and I answered you.
pants on fire ....as per usual

will ask slowly as you are obv a bit 'cranially challenged'

"you are saying that Kevin Lynch park is named after a 'sectarian murderer' then?"

if so , please use examples where Lynch was shown to be guilty of such a thing? :D