Good Points today - Tony Fearon

Started by spiritof91and94, April 01, 2008, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

6. 4 Down, I Dub and 1 Armagh (whose County were the most recent All Ireland winners ;D)

passedit

Quote from: T Fearon on April 02, 2008, 04:47:55 PM
I know the lad's real name but for the life of me I can't remember his Board name. He's long since gone anyway I think. Apart from a massive GAA knowledge, he could also sink pints of the blackstuff like there was no tomorrow ;D

FFS I still cringe how we threw that one away (there were AI Final Tickets for every member of the winning team as well) and we were 3 or 4 points ahead with two rounds to go. The eventual winning team had a couple of big celebrity names in the GAA Quiz world on their team (we are talking Know your Sport contestants and Hogan Stand Quiz winners here) and I remember one of them telling me afterwards that with about two rounds to go they had all but given up the ghost as they thought we were home and dry. We had a nightmare penultimate round. :'(

Can't help but think that those highlighted bits were in some way related.  ;)

C'mon tone i need that handle, it's doin my head in now.
Don't Panic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: passedit on April 02, 2008, 05:21:11 PM
I know the lad's real name but for the life of me I can't remember his Board name. He's long since gone anyway I think. Apart from a massive GAA knowledge, he could also sink pints of the blackstuff like there was no tomorrow ;D

FFS I still cringe how we threw that one away (there were AI Final Tickets for every member of the winning team as well) and we were 3 or 4 points ahead with two rounds to go. The eventual winning team had a couple of big celebrity names in the GAA Quiz world on their team (we are talking Know your Sport contestants and Hogan Stand Quiz winners here) and I remember one of them telling me afterwards that with about two rounds to go they had all but given up the ghost as they thought we were home and dry. We had a nightmare penultimate round. :'(

I think it was D'associachion - not sure about the spelling.

That quiz was a great night - met a lot of Board legends there, although others preferred to stay quiet!  Shane!   :P

passedit

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 02, 2008, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: passedit on April 02, 2008, 05:21:11 PM

I think it was D'associachion - not sure about the spelling.

That quiz was a great night - met a lot of Board legends there, although others preferred to stay quiet!  Shane!   :P

Good man Rufus, that's the boy alright, wonder where he dissappeared to. Him and tone wouda made a quare pair indeed.
Don't Panic

Main Street

HS, are you saying you just spout shite or a cowardly hoor who spouts shite under a pseudnym?

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2008, 10:49:07 PM
I agree, Mutley.
Worst thing about him is that (like myself) he spouts the shite under a pseudonym. The cowardly hoor would never put his name to any of the shite that he posts here.

What's the plural of pseudonym?
Don't Panic

Mutley

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2008, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 02, 2008, 11:07:15 PM
HS, are you saying you just spout shite or a cowardly hoor who spouts shite under a pseudnym?
My post would have made more sense if Mutley hadn't deleted his.
Yes, I do spout a lot of shite on here. I would (and have in the past) put my name to any of it.

I was aksed to delete my post by the mod.

ONeill

Erm, what have I missed here?

Rufus - you were pointed out to me by RHF as you passed the projector during the quiz - I never saw you after nor would I recognise you now. You were big though. I was introduced to amallon and tfearon that night briefly but was too busy catching up with my own gaaboard heavyweights on our team to take notice. Who is this mutley character?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aerlik

In fairness to TF, he posted bucketloads about Armagh in the early years of the Board, so to say he has only posted 70 posts is frankly untrue.  We have not always seen eye to eye and some of his attacks on individuals, myself included, were totally unwarranted but the fact is he does more than "occasionally" raise topics the rest of us either deliberately ignore or are afraid to opine on.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2008, 05:13:59 PM
You should have got rid of Ross Carr and drafted Saffron Sam2 in.
Yis would have been a cert.

Unfortunately, saffron sam2 would not have made a difference, given that his team finished below Dassociation and the Free Loaders. I was on a team with two high profile gaaboard posters (one from Tyrone, one from Armagh), the brother of a high profile ex-Derry player, the father of a high profile ex-Antrim player and some other narky wee fecker from Tyrone.

Whilst always in the top three teams, I don't think your team lead at any stage during the proceedings.

I actually spoke to one member of that team after the event and he was in stitches at the behaviour of their leader. He said that when he (ex-inter county goalkeeper turned bank manager) arrived, Fearon was already sitting at a table dressed in "my lucky blue hooded top". The table was different from the others in that there were no freebie Irish News pens or note pads on it (apparently he chose a table with no distractions). Fearon sat there repeating the mantra "I will succeed" over and over again. When the quiz started, apparently Anthony got really aggressive and competitive. When it became clear that the four Down men (and indeed himself) were contributing nothing, he turned his seat round away from them and said, "Right young Dassociation, it's you and me against the world here". He gripped his coke glass so tightly with both hands that his knuckles turned white and my source was scared the glass would shatter. By the time the quiz reached the last two round Anthony was literally foaming at the mouth, the Down men were discussing their five All-Irelands and Dassociation was writing down the answers. After the final scores were read out, Fearon apparently lit on the young Dub, calling him a useless free state bastardo and a thick blue shirt cnut. He told him to take his fecking back pack and feck off back to Dublin. In the same breath he turned round to my source and asked if there were any free tickets going for the All-Ireland final. As he left the room, he was met by a lady and he was clearly heard saying "Look Fiona, I bought you a present" as he handed her an Irish News pen and note pad.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gnevin

Quote from: Aerlik on April 03, 2008, 02:19:57 AM
In fairness to TF, he posted bucketloads about Armagh in the early years of the Board, so to say he has only posted 70 posts is frankly untrue.  We have not always seen eye to eye and some of his attacks on individuals, myself included, were totally unwarranted but the fact is he does more than "occasionally" raise topics the rest of us either deliberately ignore or are afraid to opine on.
The stats for this board don't lie , early years being the 2001-2005  period? I wonder why. Anyway i'm bored of this now ,so i don't care.All i was trying to point out was for a GAA fan Tony spends very little time in the GAA section .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gnevin on April 03, 2008, 08:45:17 AM
Quote from: Aerlik on April 03, 2008, 02:19:57 AM
The stats for this board don't lie , early years being the 2001-2005  period? I wonder why. Anyway i'm bored of this now ,so i don't care.All i was trying to point out was for a GAA fan Tony spends very little time in the GAA section .

Aerlik is right. Prior to the introduction of the Non-GAA discussion side, Fearon was a prolific poster on all things GAA. His views, unsurprisingly were as puerile, ignorant and offensive then as they are now (fat alco, anyone?). His move over to this side of the board corresponded roughly with the timing of the infamous "Get the hotels booked" thread and Tyrone winning their first (of their two, one more than Armagh) All-Ireland.

Having read many of his posts here, you should be glad that Tony doesn't spend too much time in the GAA section ,thereby allowing a semblance of rational debate therein.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

According to today's Irish News, Tony paid to get into the Armagh -v- Dublin game at the weekend!!  :o
Testing Accessibility

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ziggysego on April 03, 2008, 10:01:51 AM
According to today's Irish News, Tony paid to get into the Armagh -v- Dublin game at the weekend!!  :o

and the missus as well - its a wonder she didnt let him go alone to get a day off!!! ;D