Good Points today - Tony Fearon

Started by spiritof91and94, April 01, 2008, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If it was a "no comment" then there wouldn't have been a post.

It was a carefully measured comment as I was yellow carded previously when I posted my true thoughts about another poster ;D

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on April 02, 2008, 11:12:51 AM
If it was a "no comment" then there wouldn't have been a post.

It was a carefully measured comment as I was yellow carded previously when I posted my true thoughts about another poster ;D
I meant is that a no comment on you not being a GAA fan .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

T Fearon

Well given the fact that I have been going to GAA games, both club and county for over 40 years, have qualified for the National Finals of the Brain of the GAA competition, won numerous GAA related prizes (including a trip to LA), and in conjunction with a Dub who was on this Board, dragged a quiz team to runner up spot (in which we routed many teams containing posters on this Board as well as 5Sams ;D) in the GAA Brains of Ulster quiz sponsored by the Irish News in 2005, I think the evidence is quite conclusive as to my GAA credentials

his holiness nb

Gnevin, whats with the mission to "out" Tony as a non GAA fan?

Whats your point here? You seem to be permanently getting at this.

Its clear to see that he is a fan of the GAA, and of soccer.  So what?

The letter actually makes a lot of sense, try looking past Tonys history (difficult I know) and think about the point it makes.
I certainly wouldnt feel safe in Belfast city with my Dublin jersey on with these sort of people around.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 02, 2008, 02:00:49 PM
Gnevin, whats with the mission to "out" Tony as a non GAA fan?

Whats your point here? You seem to be permanently getting at this.

Its clear to see that he is a fan of the GAA, and of soccer.  So what?

The letter actually makes a lot of sense, try looking past Tonys history (difficult I know) and think about the point it makes.
I certainly wouldnt feel safe in Belfast city with my Dublin jersey on with these sort of people around.
My point is Tony claims to be a GAA fan and has a massive 70 GAA related posts or the same ratio as an OWC'er. He is soccer  fan with no more than a passing interesting in the GAA , I would even say the only reason he's interested in the GAA is too piss off unionist or i could just be in bad mood because my back is at me. :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Main Street

It strikes you early and often  ;D
Perhaps Tony has no inclination to contribute thousands of posts blaming refs, about thuggery on the pitch and reminiscing about past glories.   

his holiness nb

Whatever you might say about Tony, and theres a lot I would agree with, he is a GAA fan, thats not in doubt.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: Main Street on April 02, 2008, 03:45:20 PM
Perhaps Tony has no inclination to contribute thousands of posts blaming refs, about thuggery on the pitch and reminiscing about past glories.   
Pass glory singular. ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on April 02, 2008, 04:07:00 PM
Pass glory singular. ;D

More recent than Dublin's ;D
Testing Accessibility

passedit

Complete tangent here, Who was the dub tony came second in the quiz with? and where is he now?
Don't Panic

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on April 02, 2008, 04:07:00 PM
Pass glory singular. ;D

If 'past' was a plural then it makes great sense that 'pass' would be its singular. :)

This Dubenglesh is a bit tricky.

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2008, 04:22:10 PM
My guess - forkinknife.

Nah, vaguely remember him as knowledgeable enough if a bit angry, can't think of his handle though.Alzheimer's I'm afraid.
Don't Panic

ziggysego

Quote from: passedit on April 02, 2008, 04:35:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2008, 04:22:10 PM
My guess - forkinknife.

Nah, vaguely remember him as knowledgeable enough if a bit angry, can't think of his handle though.Alzheimer's I'm afraid.

Wasn't the smartest cookie on the board. Posted his personal details on the board by mistake  :D
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

I know the lad's real name but for the life of me I can't remember his Board name. He's long since gone anyway I think. Apart from a massive GAA knowledge, he could also sink pints of the blackstuff like there was no tomorrow ;D

FFS I still cringe how we threw that one away (there were AI Final Tickets for every member of the winning team as well) and we were 3 or 4 points ahead with two rounds to go. The eventual winning team had a couple of big celebrity names in the GAA Quiz world on their team (we are talking Know your Sport contestants and Hogan Stand Quiz winners here) and I remember one of them telling me afterwards that with about two rounds to go they had all but given up the ghost as they thought we were home and dry. We had a nightmare penultimate round. :'(

T Fearon

Cant blame it on pre 2002 syndrome. There were four down men (including the current Down County Manager) on our side and I was the sole Armagh representative ;D