Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Sunday 30th March in Crossmaglen @ 2.30pm

Intriguing game now. Armagh finally found the form that they were promising in the earlier games and about time too. From an orchard point of view we finish with Dublin meath and cork, which is ideal in buidling for the champo (threw that in for the dubs). another competitve game after that, potentially against monaghan would be even better but there's a lot of ifs before that can happen.

i haven't been keeping that big of an eye on the dubs but saw the cavan game on tv and wasn't overly impessed. my thoughts on the dubs haven't changed in recent years... a very mobile and dangerous forward unit but extremely susceptible at the back. armagh's achilles heel has been the full back line this year so if they can tighten that up a fair bit then they can really progress.

Armagh to sneak the win.

Double Cross

Francies return should tighten up the full back line. Armagh by 4 or 5 points.

Oakleafer1993

Armagh will sink -- too many holes and cracks in the ship - the glory days are over :D

bennydorano

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on March 18, 2008, 11:16:07 AM
Armagh will sink -- too many holes and cracks in the ship - the glory days are over :D

Another knowlegeable poster.  Think 3 of the lads that started were over 25 - AOR, MOR and Stevie?

Expect to see Vernon in for this one, he'll need to take his chance or could find himself down the pecking order with the way competition is hotting up.  I'd like to see Francie back in at FB eventhough I'm not his biggest fan, sincerely hope that Enda doesn't play. 

gander

I'd say unless there is injuries there wont be big changes to the starting team, maybe McGrane (not sure if his suspension is up or not)  and McConville to start but not much more.  Hard one to call, a point or two in it either way I'd say.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Uladh on March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM
my thoughts on the dubs haven't changed in recent years... a very mobile and dangerous forward unit but extremely susceptible at the back

Pretty much spot on there.
But I reckon we have enough firepower to cater for the suspect defence in this game.
Ye arent the Armagh of old.
Dubs by two.
Ask me holy bollix

Uladh

Given all the batin and shenanigans of the weekend are we sensible at all to send our lads out agin this dublin team. we haven't much chance and are likely to ship a hape of injuries against them big rough fellas. best to let this one go for fear of what fate might befall the lads.

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on March 25, 2008, 10:37:58 PM

Given all the batin and shenanigans of the weekend are we sensible at all to send our lads out agin this dublin team. we haven't much chance and are likely to ship a hape of injuries against them big rough fellas. best to let this one go for fear of what fate might befall the lads.

Nice one Uladh ! If you can't beat them, you can at least psyche them out of it.

Uladh

sure its only a bundle o cubs we have. we're lookin to the future and a heavy beatin on the pitch and scoreboard will only set the team's development back.

orangeman

;D   Do you remember the late great Eamon Coleman saying one day, I think his Cavan team beat Down ( I'm not certain about that ) but he was asked what he thought of his chances against Armagh - he replied by saying with a cheey grin " I don't think we'll even turn up for that game - sure we've no chance !"   ;D

Gnevin

I'd say we are only one more Dirty/Dorty Dub's thread away from a Super Dubs threads out break .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

Quote from: Gnevin on March 25, 2008, 10:53:13 PM
I'd say we are only one more Dirty/Dorty Dub's thread away from a Super Dubs threads out break .

Surely you can't be surprised at this reaction given what happened at the weekend, following on from the goading of those teams last year ?

Dublin are a good team who I believe are not suited to this bullshit stuff that obviously Pillar encourages.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Head rules the heart - Dublin by 3
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Shortso79

Expecting 10,000 in Cross this Sunday

I'm missing the game - Ripping - Away to Birmingham for a Stag

TnaG are showing deferred coverage of the match

Think they are showing Live - Derry v Galway

DUBSFORSAM1

Ahh the poor big softies of Northern Football are afraid of the big Dublin bullies...... :P