Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Might be in the area this Sunday, can you just pay at the gate? Never been but I presume it's not hard place to find, coming from Monaghan. Should be interesting.

Shortso79

Yes pay at the Gate

if you want to get into the seated covered Stand - need to be there an hour beforehand
- 1.30pm

Shortso79

Dont tell Francie he's a big Softie ...

Will many dubs make the journey ???

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteDont tell Francie he's a big Softie ...

Will many dubs make the journey Huh

Judging by our recent crowds there'll be as many Dubs as locals
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

armaghniac

QuoteJudging by our recent crowds there'll be as many Dubs as locals

Given the scale of victory in our last game and using Monaghan as a measure suggesting that we have a chance against Dublin, it would be a pity if more Armagh people don't turn out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Safety clothing can be collected at the turnstiles  - helmets for those spectators sitting next to the Dublin dugout !  ;D ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Shortso79 on March 25, 2008, 11:02:44 PM
Expecting 10,000 in Cross this Sunday

I'm missing the game - Ripping - Away to Birmingham for a Stag

TnaG are showing deferred coverage of the match

Think they are showing Live - Derry v Galway
I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.
I don't doubt that in the past this game might have been top of TG4 wish list but it's a sign of the times that
again your neighbors Monaghan are top of the bill against the real hard man team from Leinster.

14:00
GAA Beo
Double bill with live coverage of Monaghan v Meath from Clones and deferred coverage of Galway v Derry in the 5th round of the Allianz National Football League. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers and Tomás Ó hAilín.

Good luck against the Dubs.

Hound

Dublin name unchanged team:

S Cluxton
D Henry, R McConnell, D Murray
P Casey, B Cullen, C Moran
E Fennell, S Ryan
P Flynn, B Brogan, M Vaughan
C Keaney, K Bonner, J Sherlock

Neither Cullen nor Vaughan suspended as both sent off for 2 yellows.
Interesting that Cullen picked at 6.
However Pillar often uses the tactics of naming an unchanged team just to get that formality out of the way. It doesnt mean there won't be any changes come match-time. In particular Alan Brogan and Barry Cahill will be pushing for starting places.

cornafean

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2008, 10:51:24 PM
;D   Do you remember the late great Eamon Coleman saying one day, I think his Cavan team beat Down ( I'm not certain about that ) but he was asked what he thought of his chances against Armagh - he replied by saying with a cheey grin " I don't think we'll even turn up for that game - sure we've no chance !"   ;D

And Coleman's next line:
"those Armagh boys are very big..."   ;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

illdecide

So if i wanna see Armagh hand out a few beatings to the Dubs (like we did for league game in Croker in 03 ;) ;)) i hafta go the Cross to witness it. No fecking TV coverage WTF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
So if i wanna see Armagh hand out a few beatings to the Dubs (like we did for league game in Croker in 03 ;) ;)) i hafta go the Cross to witness it. No fecking TV coverage WTF

Has it definately changed?

On sunday after the Dubs / Monaghan game it said the Derry game was live & the Armagh game was deferred coverage!

armaghniac

Why the deferred coverage, as the time will have changed why not just play one game at 2pm and the other at 3:45 and show them live. Why are all games at 2:30? Even IllDecide could play his game and come from Lurgan with a later throw in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 26, 2008, 12:20:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2008, 12:16:05 PM

Has it definately changed?
On sunday after the Dubs / Monaghan game it said the Derry game was live & the Armagh game was deferred coverage!

Source - tg.ie
14:00

GAA Beo
Craoladh beo ar an gcluiche idir Muineachán agus Co. na Mí ó Chluain Eois agus craoladh níos deireanaí ar Ghaillimh agus Doire ón gcúigiú babhta de Shraith Náisiúnta Peile Allianz. Á chur i láthair ag Micheál Ó Domhnaill le tráchtaireacht le Brian Tyers agus le Mac Dara Mac Donncha.
"Stercus accidit"

Uladh

I see clarke is rated as very doubtful he'd be a huge loss given his performance last sunday. McGrane coming back in will be invaluable in the ball winning stakes and i'd expect him to start alongside toner at midfield. Any other changes from last week? There might be a temptation to bring McNulty back for this one but i'd like to see McDonnell resist that. The early exchanges sunday may not be pretty and might not be tailor made for either kernan. with that in mind vernon might be in line for a start at wing forward?

McKinney

Shannon   Donaghy   Moriarty

McKeever  O'Rourke  Kernan

Toner        McGrane

Vernon     O'Rourke  Courtney

McDonnell    Clarke    Kernan

Real1995

I for one am delighted that the game is not on TV Sunday,it will make for a better attendance / atmosphere (The cauldron of Crossmaglen).  Now i know that there is the disabled who cant make it to a game (I feel for them), but there are too many GAA (So called supporters) who like to sit back beside the fireside and watch the game....

get off your BACKSIDES and go out and sample the atmosphere, because i am predicting a roller-coaster ride!
Nice guys always finish second!