Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

tyrone man i've got my abacus out - maybe things are different up north.

1- cullen
2- whelan
3- ryan
4- cahill
5- shocko
6- cosgrove/sherlock
7- quinn

7 maybe 8 who can't count now????????????

nrico2006

At the end of the day, as Steigmaster has already said, doesnt matter who wins at weekend.  Both teams wont be full strength and its only a league game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

realredhandfan

Tyrone this year can mount a challenge to be the first county to win an AlL Ireland minor u21 and senior in the one year,  In reality I think its nigh impossible but you have to give it a shot, we could just as easily lose all.. theres a lot of football to get played between now and September

Sandy Hill

There's a photo of two great GAA role models on the front of this morning's IN! Cover your childrens' eyes.  :)
"Stercus accidit"

tyroneman

INDIANA

Maybe you should get yr spectacles out as well as yr abacus..............the post I repluied to only listed 4 players
Quotecullen-whelan-quinn-cahill

(so I presume you can't count also?)

Anyhow........all kidology aside ..really looking forward to it

Gabriel_Hurl

Would that be the same 2 guys posted in the picture on Pg 22?  ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Are they using the flourescent yellow ball this Saturday night?

Stagmeister

Quote from: Pietas on January 31, 2007, 01:01:15 PM
Our old friend the 'champo' makes a welcome return on threads involving dublin ???

Champo is a class word dont knock it...p.s. its short for championship just in case you dint get that!

Pietas

thanks for pointing that out ::)
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Stagmeister

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 31, 2007, 01:29:00 PM
Listen lads ill tell ye something for nothing, having seen that Dublin team and thought a bit more Id be surprised if our second string wouldnt beat ye handy enough...

Finally a tyrone man backs his team to win...your a brave man putting your neck on the line like that

Hound

Quote from: Stagmeister on January 31, 2007, 11:20:24 AM
Cant believe Moran keeps getting his game at centre back, he's proved time and again that he's just not good enough.
I dont follow this. Moran has played very few games for the Dubs at centre back - I'd say I've seen most of the games he has played for the Dubs in the half-back line, and I cant remember him having a bad game there. So why do you say "he's proved time and again" that he's not up to playing centre back for the Dubs?

Certrainly, we'd need to be low on options before I'd play him in the forwards. Personally I'd rate Moran as our best left half back - though Brennan now has the opportunity to make his case for that position and may well overtake him.

Stagmeister

When I say he's proved time and again that he's not good enough I dont mean specifically his performances at CB. I think he has been poor wherever he has played for dublin half back or half forward and has proved that he is not good enough to play anywhere on the team. I know this sounds harsh but I just think its unfair on other lads on the panel that Moran keeps getting his game ahead of them when he isn't performing at all.

Over the Bar

QuoteBTW the dubs are missing 8 starters from last years All-Ireland semi

There's a difference between not being selected and not being available through injury or suspension!  ::)

Stagmeister

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 31, 2007, 02:38:04 PM
QuoteBTW the dubs are missing 8 starters from last years All-Ireland semi

There's a difference between not being selected and not being available through injury or suspension!  ::)

Whats your point?? If they're not playing they're not playing...thats possibly the stupidest comment of all time! :o
Is that you Bobby Robson???

uselessfootballer

Jesus boys, there's sh1te being talked in the last few pages of this thread.
ie my team is weaker/ slower/ younger/ less experienced / less fit than yours.

Truth is in recent years both these teams are usually relatively well on in terms of fitness levels at this time of the year. Both have decent panels. Both have done fairly well in their respective pre-season comps. Both teams will show a comparable mix of established players and those who are trying to break through.

Defeat on Saturday will not be the end of the world for either team and both will hope to put in better performances later in the year than they do on Saturday.

Really looking forward to the match and I hope that it is an occasion that my kids will want to mention to their kids.

As befits my birthplace Tyrone by 2 or 3