Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

Got an e-mail from the Tyrone County Board, match is now a sell-out - no further tickets available.

Hill16 Blues

Don't have issue with Caffrey giving younger players a chance in NL. Dublin have not been good at doing this in NL in recent years. However he's seen enough of O'Shea in FB line and Moran at CB to know that they are not good enough to play in those roles at this level. We are seriously short at the minute at FB. Cahill will only ever be fallback option there. Would guess Christie left panel because he wasn't likely to be given much playing time. Haven't seen him play at club level recently but he must have gone backwards big time to not warrant any playing time through last Summer and recent O'Byrne Cup. Moran has always had talent and ability but his performances have been dreadful. On what basis has he been made captain? It's mindboggling! O'Shea just isn't good enough pure and simple.

Stagmeister

Cant believe Moran keeps getting his game at centre back, he's proved time and again that he's just not good enough. Think O'Shea could make it as a corner back not too sure about FB though...

forkinknife

salivatating at the prospect at humiliating the nordies. DOn't be worrying about the newcomers. This game will inspire those with something to prove whereas the experienced players will not be as motivated.

I can seriously see us blowing Tyrone away here, they seem to be lacking quality in variouis deptartments. I think the noise will get to them,especially the booing of frees. I wonder who'll be taking them I hope to God it's Mugulligan. Yaysus he'll dung them.

Pietas

From sawdoctors.com

You'd swear they were the main attraction...god love 'em

Still think they're great, though.

The Saw Doctors will play four songs at the 80,000 capacity Croke Park Stadium on Saturday, February 3, from 6:20 pm to 6:40 pm. Following The Saw Doctors, at 7 pm, Dublin will battle with Tyrone in the first round of the National Football League. Earlier in the evening, GAA President Nicky Brennan will switch on the new floodlights at Croke Park.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

forkinknife

WOuldn't it be deadly if the trip or a fuse went when he turned them on.

liihb

I'd be worried about O'Mahoney and Moran, I think that Magee has been left to do all the work in midfield in the O'Byrne cup, maybe the better conditions in Croker will suit O'M but I wouldn't be so sure.
As for Moran, I suppose the fact that he is captain means some faith must be shown in him, but his performances would want to improve and quickly

Good to see Brennan and Connolly getting a shot. We'll see what Connolly is really like at the frees with 80000 at it, I don't think he'll have any problems, looks like the real deal when it comes to frees
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

nrico2006

As Loughsore Lad stated, Tyrone will have a very experimental side out.  There will be obviously no dooher, gormley, mcguigan, colin holmes and Stevie O'Neill for starters.  The Dubs will mroe than likely play a near full strength side.   Everyone seems to be getting carried away, after all it is only a league match.  The same number of points are at stake that will be in any other league games played in the cold light of a swamp like healy park in a few weeks.
As for
QuoteI think the noise will get to them,especially the booing of frees. I wonder who'll be taking them I hope to God it's Mulligan. Yaysus he'll dung them.
I wonder if the noise will affect him the way it did the last time he faced the dubs in Croke Prk.  If I recall, it wasnt him who was dunging them. I'd say it was the three dub defenders he left in a heap and the thousands of dub squealers in the stands!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

downredblack

31 January 2007

The GAA have re-iterated that there will be no further general sale of tickets for the Allianz League game between Dublin and Tyrone at Croke Park on Saturday night. The GAA have also appealed to supporters to allow plenty of time to gain access to the stadium and have warned patrons to expect queues at the turnstiles if arriving after 6.30pm.

A pre-match programme of events has been scheduled including a performance by the Dublin Gospel choir commencing at 5.40pm followed by the Ceremony of Light which will see the official switching on of the new Croke Park floodlights by GAA President Nickey Brennan at 6.10pm. Galway band, The Saw Doctors, will perform live from 6.20pm before the big game throws-in at 7pm. 

Patrons are asked to note that Students (with appropriate I.D.) and Senior Citizens who have purchased tickets for the Davin (Canal End) and Cusack Stands ONLY can claim a refund at stiles in Block D of the Cusack Stand on entry.

It should also be noted that Clonliffe College Car Park will be open on Saturday evening.

Stagmeister

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 31, 2007, 12:09:47 PM
As Loughsore Lad stated, Tyrone will have a very experimental side out.  There will be obviously no dooher, gormley, mcguigan, colin holmes and Stevie O'Neill for starters.  The Dubs will mroe than likely play a near full strength side.

Get with the programme...dublin team has been named and its not full strength...wats with all the Tyrone fans here saying the dubs should piss home sat night...making excuses already..."we have a crap team out dubs have a great team out" "we've had no preparation dubs have had great preparation"

Talk about hedging your bets!! Both teams are missing loads of regulars and both teams have had basically the same preparation...show a bit of faith lads, there's feck all at stake saturday night so why are ye so afraid of losing??

tyroneman

Quotebecause you have as many new guys as we have.
casey hasn't played any football. etc.
a new full back
a 19 year old kicking frees-

cullen-whelan-quinn-cahill that's as many as you're misssing). so don't give us that load of b*****.

Hmmm...typical Dub bulls**t again from Josey

- doesn't matter what age you are if you can knock over frees (and Mossy was hardly the most reliable)
- Cullen, Whelan, Quinn, Cahill = 4 players, Tyrone are missing 7 regulars  - can't you count?
- a new full back -were the other options any better

Dublin should take tihs handy.

Stagmeister

Tyroneman...

I suppose you do have a point, tyrone will be pretty poor missing 7 players, think ye proved that last yr in the champo when ye got a few injuries drawing with Louth and losing to Laois.

Obviously what your trying to say is that ye have no strength in depth and the dubs have cant argue with you there...point well made!

BTW the dubs are missing 8 starters from last years All-Ireland semi and you still think we'll beat ye easily, I know ye're subs are bad but they're not that bad are they?? Surely they'll be able to keep the score respectable

Pietas

Our old friend the 'champo' makes a welcome return on threads involving dublin ???
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

realredhandfan

Listen lads ill tell ye something for nothing, having seen that Dublin team and thought a bit more Id be surprised if our second string wouldnt beat ye handy enough...

nrico2006

Last year it wasnt a lack of strength in depth, the injuries were to the KEY players.  This year though through a major revamp there is a lot of new faces, from the 2001, 2004 all ireland minor winning teams etc.  There is plenty of better youth in tyrone coming through than in dublin.  Tyrone will be agood bet for the all ireland minor again this year too
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'