Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteWhats your point?? If they're not playing they're not playing

My point is (and it seems I need to spell it out) is that you cannot equate the loss of players who are suspended or injured but would otherwise walk onto the team, with players who are dropped 'cos they are not considered good enough or are a utility player.

Stagmeister

So are you honestly trying to say that the starting 15 named by Caffrey for the tyrone match is Dublins best 15??

That Whelan, Ryan, Sherlock, Mossy Quinn, Bryan Cullen, Goggins are now considered not good enough to make dublins first 15 and have been overtaken in the pecking order by the likes of Brennan, Murray and Connolly who I dont think have a minute of Championship experience between them?? Who are ya trying to kid??

sam03/05

Yeah Mulligan will be dunging them all right.
He has just played in two all ireland finals hitting frees in both. Played about 7 or eight games in croker in 2005 season. In fact he has probably played more games in Croke than most of the Dublin team have.

Over the Bar

QuoteSo are you honestly trying to say that the starting 15 named by Caffrey for the tyrone match is Dublins best 15??

Where have I said that?  

Over the Bar

QuoteSo are you honestly trying to say that the starting 15 named by Caffrey for the tyrone match is Dublins best 15??

& where has Caffery neamed the starting 15? 

Stagmeister

its on hill16.ie was posted here earlier as well, its a decent enough team but missing a few players will definitely be playing in the championship

Gnevin

Quote from: Stagmeister on January 31, 2007, 05:24:05 PM
its on hill16.ie was posted here earlier as well, its a decent enough team but missing a few players will definitely be playing in the championship

I am a bit worried about the middle of the park with no Tank (Ryan) or  Whelan i know they are on the bench and they can be sprung if needed but i'd feel better with one of them starting 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Well lads, how many of us are meeting up after the game? Say the Skylon - will you be there around 10pm?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Gnevin on January 31, 2007, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: Stagmeister on January 31, 2007, 05:24:05 PM

I am a bit worried about the middle of the park with now Tank (Ryan) or  Whelan i know they are on the bench and they can be sprung if needed but i'd feel better with one of them starting 

Glad to see how Magee and O'Mahony do in teh middle themselves - Magee has looked good in the O'Byrne Cup and is a good player when match-fit and O'Mahony definitely will be an option going forward....

Tyrones own

Quote from: ONeill on January 31, 2007, 11:30:11 PM
Well lads, how many of us are meeting up after the game? Say the Skylon - will you be there around 10pm?

Might have a better chance of catching a pint with you in the big tree or somewhere
O'Neill? just trying to throw thon big scary Dub that was looking for you last
week off the trail  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Hound

Quote from: Stagmeister on January 31, 2007, 02:36:10 PM
When I say he's proved time and again that he's not good enough I dont mean specifically his performances at CB. I think he has been poor wherever he has played for dublin half back or half forward and has proved that he is not good enough to play anywhere on the team. I know this sounds harsh but I just think its unfair on other lads on the panel that Moran keeps getting his game ahead of them when he isn't performing at all.
I find it hard to fathom how anybody could say the Collie has been poor for Dublin when played in the half back line. But everyone's entitled to their opinion. Collie has done very well for the Dubs when played there, but thats been all too rare to form a conclusive opinion on whether he should be a championship starter in the half back line.

Of course anyone willing to judge him on his performances when played out of position in the half forward line, could well come to your opinion. But my opinion is that is very short sighted. He's been one of the best half backs in Dublin football for about 4 years - I'm sure Caffrey's plan last year was to have him as left half back, but injury put pay to that. so he deserves his chance to have a run at a half back position this year.

forkinknife

I'll see you in the Skylon then O'Neill and lets see if you'll utter Jackeen there. How will I know it's you? Any identifiable charactertistics apart from the shite drippling from your chin?

realredhandfan

Forkinknife awat ta fook of da board yor gee in me da piles.. Arsewipe

Smokin Joe

Someone I know is after 2 tickets.

Anyone have any spares?

Bensars

QuoteI'll see you in the Skylon then O'Neill and lets see if you'll utter Jackeen there. How will I know it's you? Any identifiable charactertistics apart from the shite drippling from your chin?

Typical cheeky Dub.  We have a lot to look forward too