Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: dodo on December 13, 2006, 11:56:15 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 13, 2006, 04:43:01 PM
QuoteAny ideas who the " major musical act " will be

Philomena Begley and Brush in a duet to balance things up.

Rumour has it that it could be Margo on her sex aids tour. :-*

Flameboy will be there then!
Testing Accessibility

Declan

Just looking on Ticketmaster - Jaysus those bastards annoy the shite outta me €2.95 handling charge per adult ticket and €1.00 per juvenile. No answerf rom the Croker Ticket office only a recorded message directing you to the website.

Croí na hÉireann

The handling charge from the Croker Ticket Office was nearly as bad as ticketmaster for the International Rules.  ::) Will the tickets be on sale through the clubs does anyone know???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Over the Bar

QuoteAny ideas who the " major musical act " will be ?

U2 apparently!  ;)

Can't be as bad as when we went to see Celtic v AC Milan and the Undertones were billed as the warm-up.

We were in the upper-stand behind the goals when the announcer roared out "GIVE IT UP FOR THE ONE AND ONLY UNDERTONES!!!"

Then we heard a tinny rendition of Teenage Kicks and everyone was staring down at the empty pitch going "Where the feck are they?????"

After the song finished we realised they were behind the nets at the opposite end!  The sound was awful and the whole thing was a complete joke.

dubnut

Clubs will get allocations too.

Fuzzman

Did anyone get any descent tickets from ticketmaster or where they all near the corners?
The ones on sale since Christmas has been in the sections nearest Hill 16 corners on both stands.

Do most of the descent tickets go to the clubs or do the GAA sell them directly from headquarters?

ziggysego

I've heard that all the tickets on ticketmaster.ie will be for the corners. The good tickets will be coming to the clubs in both counties.
Testing Accessibility

dubnut

tayto

Don't know about that lads, if they're only expecting 60k the upper corners wont fill up, i've got decent tickets from ticketmaster before.

ziggysego

Quote from: tayto on January 03, 2007, 02:50:19 PM
Don't know about that lads, if they're only expecting 60k the upper corners wont fill up, i've got decent tickets from ticketmaster before.

As far as I know, Croke Park are expecting a full house to this game. For two reasons...

a) Tyrone -v- Dublin (the best of games, or the worst of games)
b) Historic first floodlit game at Croke Park.

With that in mind all clubs in Ireland, especially in Dubline and Tyrone, will get the best tickets and that ticketmaster.ie will be getting the corners.
Testing Accessibility

DuperDee

Clubs in Tyrone have already been asked to provide their numbers for tickets for the next meeting. For a match like this the clubs will be the main source of tickets. I know people who bought tickets on the web before Christmas and they were not good ones.

I think it will draw a big crowd. There is the thing about the first floodlit match in Croke and the fact that it is on a Sat night should also draw a crowd. Also the juvenole tickets are £5 to encourage the younger supporters to go

As far as i can remember throw in is at 7 o clock which means it will be over in good time for the pubs. Can see a big weekend in Dublin for the Tyrone supporters

Star Spangler

The best tickets are normally available directly from Croke Park but apparently these won't be going on sale until the middle of January.

magpie seanie

I'm intending on going as well. Think it will be jammed myself. I know a fair few Dubs who usually only watch on TV who are defo going.

ziggysego

It's been announced that The Saw Doctor's will be providing the music at this historic game next month.
Testing Accessibility

tayto

the fuckin sawdoctors, now i'm definately turning up late.  ::)