Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realredhandfan

Im in London shopping ffs, devastated,  Will there be pubs in London showing this game,  I can bring a crowd of about 10 people to the winning pub, and they'll drink the river dry if ye can show the game.

Gnevin

Quote from: Blue Boy on January 22, 2007, 03:59:14 PM
Floodlit tie to set new record attendance
-  from Setanta.com

The tie, which has been the subject of a huge media marketing campaign, may even attract a full house (82, 300) to the Jones' Road venue with a carnival atmosphere the order of the day.

I've notice this figure a couple of times isnt the capacity 82,500 what happened to the other 200?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

realredhandfan

The Artane Boys band were never counted in the initial crowd reckoning, but they still took seats.

tayto

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 22, 2007, 04:14:22 PM
Im in London shopping ffs, devastated,  Will there be pubs in London showing this game,  I can bring a crowd of about 10 people to the winning pub, and they'll drink the river dry if ye can show the game.

Shopping! schoolboy error there redhandfan!

Gnevin

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 22, 2007, 04:25:08 PM
The Artane Boys band were never counted in the initial crowd reckoning, but they still took seats.

So shouldn't the figure be higher again ? If it was 82,500 when they where't counted shouldn't it be 82,550 when you count them
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

i think they had to do some work which reduced the capacity, not 100% sure what it was tho.

Over the Bar

Possibly larger advertisng hoardings around the field meaning some seats have obstructed view??

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tayto on January 22, 2007, 04:39:48 PM
i think they had to do some work which reduced the capacity, not 100% sure what it was tho.

Didn't they put a tunnel into the Hogan Davin corner that wasn't there originally? Something to do with Health & Safety for the U2 concert if memory serves...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tayto

Yea, that sound familiar, an extra fire escape or something.

ONeill

Well, i'll be there. Staying in a(n) hotel close to the ground. Any more word on the gadderin?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

downredblack

A steward told me the last day I was there , that they have a rake of seats on the ground level for people who cant hack it upstairs . Dont know how many that would be but he did tell me" not to go telling everyone" ;)

Mid Mon

QuoteA steward told me the last day I was there , that they have a rake of seats on the ground level for people who cant hack it upstairs . Dont know how many that would be but he did tell me" not to go telling everyone"

Tell everyone, cause the more people that go down stairs leaves more seats upstairs for us stewards

Armagh ABÚ

Is it not being shown on RTE?

magpie seanie

RTE - no, sure there's probably some junior C u-12 rugby match on somewhere.

realredhandfan

how many other sporting events with less that 80,000 spectators will get Television coverage that weekend?