Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Dunno, do you get setanta ireland with sky? ... comes free on NTL or you can subscribe on Chorus digital.

Gabriel_Hurl

looks like I'll have to get Setanta broadband in this year then

ziggysego

Quote from: tayto on January 23, 2007, 03:40:06 PM
Dunno, do you get setanta ireland with sky?

It's a subscription based channel on Sky, plus they also have a PVV channel. No free ones unfortunately.
Testing Accessibility

tayto

shame, setanta ireland is getting good for GAA coverage. show an awful lot of soccer mind you.

bennydorano

I have the Setanta (northern version), and I have mixed feelings about it's value.  They have the odd 'freeview' event, but I doubt this would be one, as I'm sure it attracted a fair few new subscribers.

Hound

Setanta is only free on NTL. And its not really free, its just that NTL currently pays Setanta on behalf of their subscribers (in lieu of customer service I think!). Could well change next year when Setanta get their increased English soccer coverage.

GAA on pay tv has arrived with very little fanfare. If this game was on Sky Sports, there'd be absolute uproar in the media, but probably nearly as many people could watch it without paying an extra penny (i.e. those who already have Sky Sports) as those who can watch Setanta without additional payment.

tayto

I was kinda hoping that setanta would have branch off and have a soccer channel and leave their socttish, english, portugese and german football off onto that and leave setanta sport ireland for irish sport ... probably hoping for too much there ...

ClosetotheHarte

The Setanta package is 9 stations for £11 a month and for me its good value, very good value in peak season. There will lots of GAA on it for the rest of the year (and loads of matches repeated through the week, plus again over Christmas) including a GAA Discussion show every night which I'm sure will be starting up again soon. Setanta Ireland concentrates on the GAA but they also cover lots of other sports including soccer from various countries. My guess is that it wouldn't pay them to have only Irish sport on it nor would there be enough Irish sport to devote an entire station to it. The package also has Setanta Sports 1 and 2, Celtic TV (which I watch occasionally), plus a Racing channel and an American Sports channel for anybody interested in Baseball, American Football, etc. I even watch that the odd time. There's plenty of live soccer on several of their stations (mainly SS1 and 2 as opposed to SSI) and overall I'm reasonably happy with what I get for my £11. I'm expecting a load of GAA stuff on it when the League starts.

easytiger

Hi all - Dublin v Tyrone is being shown on our free-to-air channel Setanta Ireland - this is shown free to NTL and Chorus subscribers. If Sky are your digital provider, then you will have to subscribe to get the Setanta package - you'll get 7 channels in all.

All our GAA coverage is either free to our NTL viewers or part of an ordinary subscription package to our Sky customers - we don't put GAA events as pay per view - nor do we have any plans to do so.

If you're not an NTL customer and need to subscribe or want info for doing so text GAA to 53539 if you're in the Republic or text GAA to 81108 in NI. One of customer services reps will get back to you.

So to sum up - if you're looking to see Dublin v Tyrone and you're with NTL, you've no need to do anything - it will be shown live on Setanta Ireland, which you get anyway. If you're with SKY, they don't provide that channel as standard so you'll have to subscribe, using the numbers above.

Hope that helps.

realredhandfan

I just want the GAA and I live in the black north..  How much and wheres your numbers?

forkinknife

Saw Doctors

I Useta Lover - Mugulligan's feelings towards Miss H
Only One Girl - Mugulligan regrets poor scoring rate in northern discos
Why Do I Always Want You - Stephen O'Neill and Red Cards, Cavlan and rottweilers
It Won't Be Tonight - 2 points for Tyrone,Cavangh hopes to outplay Whelo
Sing A Powerful Song - Come On You Boys in Blue, Go Home to Mainland
Freedom Fighters - The lack of them in Tyrone
That's What She Said Last Night - Miss H to Mugulligan "Off,fat-boy"
Red Cortina - Tyrone bus arrives
Presentation Boarder - Red faces to the PSNI heading back
Don't Let Me Down - Mickey Harte to Mugulligan when he sees him head for Supermac
25 Quid - Tyrone Prozzie
What A Day - Dublin 3-19 Tyrone 0-3
N17 - Mossey's tally.
I Hope You Meet Again - Tyrone and glorious defeat

Declan

Easy Tiger -
Quotethis is shown free to NTL and Chorus subscribers

Are you sure re Chorus? Always shows as a PPV or contact your subscriber for me

tayto

Yea, i have to pay extra for it on chorus.

Over the Bar

I Useta Love Her - Dublins Lament for Sam

Freedom Fighters - Jackeens confused as to what this expression means?

Presentation Border - Sam arrives at Aughnacloy yet again

Don't Let Me Down - Caffery gees the boys up fearing another sledging

I Hope You Meet Again - Dublin realise its another Tyrone v Kerry final

Amhran na bFiann - Dubs still in the pubs an miss it but sure it doesnt matter cos they d/k the words anyway!

Gnevin

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 24, 2007, 02:20:58 PM
I Useta Love Her - Dublins Lament for Sam

Freedom Fighters - Jackeens confused as to what this expression means?

Presentation Border - Sam arrives at Aughnacloy yet again

Don't Let Me Down - Caffery gees the boys up fearing another sledging

I Hope You Meet Again - Dublin realise its another Tyrone v Kerry final

Amhran na bFiann - Dubs still in the pubs an miss it but sure it doesnt matter cos they d/k the words anyway!
Blah Blah Blah - What we hear when yet a other tyrone fan comes to tells how great they are
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.