Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forkinknife

3 - Cavanagh set up Mulligan in the replay from a misplaced kick out.
2- The league goal was 05
1 - And it's Stephen O'Neill

Typical of the fairweather supporters in the north.

Bensars

yeah but hes at work, he didnt have time to get out of bed and check the dvd's

Ye cheeky dub ye ;D

realredhandfan

Apologies for my mistakes, I wouldnt be the shiniest saw in the toolbox.

tayto

either way he seems to save his best for dublin, the swine!  :P

realredhandfan

Fingers crossed ther'll be another one for the charts Tayto eh!!!

ziggysego

One? Ah come on realredhandfan, hopefully a few ;)
Testing Accessibility

forkinknife

The only scoring Mugalligan will be doing will be with Mickey's daughter again.

And this time boys, make some noise.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

forkinknife

Mulligan. OK i've been drinking but thats normal for monadys.

realredhandfan

Mugalligan?
Sounds like some sort of Dublin crime Lord.

tayto

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 22, 2007, 02:46:03 PM
Fingers crossed ther'll be another one for the charts Tayto eh!!!

I was kinda hoping he'd leave it for 2007, I like him though, think the hill bring out the best in him and you've got to admire that in a player.

realredhandfan

Should this not be on the National League 2007 thread? Joke.. ba bum tish!  

The hill Id imagine would be the most intimidating crowd experience imaginable to a forward in GAA, and even a top forward would have good and bad days under that type of pressure.  A sensible man wouldnt do to much celibrating as it could come back to bite him.  Having said that theres nothing more exciting in Gaelic football than Cosgrove or Sherlock banging one in under the hill and jumping onto the fence.  Its Dublins hill,  its tradition in the GAA, as opposition you'll always be welcome on it, but what Mayo did last year I wouldnt agree with, albeit it worked for them.  As far as neutral games go,  In 2003 the Armagh team tried to take the hill off the Tyrone team before the game and there was a few men left with bruised egos and bottoms.  They now say many of that Armagh team are finished, over the hill.

Blue Boy

Floodlit tie to set new record attendance
-  from Setanta.com

A new record attendance for a National League game will be set when Dublin meet Tyrone in next month's historic switching-on of Croke Park's new floodlights.

The current record attendance for a National League game was set in 2003 when Dublin and Armagh drew 53, 000 to Croke Park.

Over 60, 000 tickets have now been sold for the Division 1A opener between the Blues and the O'Neill County at Headquarters.

The tie, which has been the subject of a huge media marketing campaign, may even attract a full house (82, 300) to the Jones' Road venue with a carnival atmosphere the order of the day.

A formal ceremony will mark the switching-on of the new lights, which will also be used for International rugby and soccer matches later in the year.

"The GAA have confirmed that in excess of 60,000 tickets have now been issued for the meeting of Dublin and Tyrone in the Allianz National football league at Croke Park on Saturday, February 3rd," read a GAA statement.

"The remaining tickets are currently on sale through the normal county board and club sources in the participating counties, from the GAA Website, through Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide and in the Croke Park area from McCaughey's Shop on Clonliffe Road, Benny's in Emmet Street and the Skylon Hotel."

The cost of illuminating Croke Park was a fraction over €5 million with the Irish government contributing €3.65m.

The Dublin-Tyrone clash will be shown exclusively live on Setanta Ireland at 7.00pm on Saturday 3 February.

ziggysego

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to attend the game. I'm gutted about that :(
Testing Accessibility