Preferred Draft Date/Time

Today afternoon
Wednesday afternoon
Thursday afternoon
Friday afternoon
Monday afternoon

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 17, 2008, 03:32:29 PM
Quotedespite the fact im walking away with this league like I did the football its disappointing.

Football!!!!!  you didn't even make to it the superbowl ya clown...

your right there dinny if memory seres me correct he was doing a lot of thrash talking but when it came to squeaky bum time of the season he shit himself ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

heganboy

you'd think people would learn from their mistakes...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

Bombidal,

What's your county of origin?  All I can say is that it's not even the All Star break yet, so a a lot of beisball to be played, and there's a tight pelleton of Northerners and the defending champ Res Dub sitting comfortably behind you.

Have you developed a new-found respect for the Yankees, what with Jeter and Matsui showing so well on your team?

bombidal

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 18, 2008, 04:49:35 PM
Bombidal,

What's your county of origin?  All I can say is that it's not even the All Star break yet, so a a lot of beisball to be played, and there's a tight pelleton of Northerners and the defending champ Res Dub sitting comfortably behind you.

Have you developed a new-found respect for the Yankees, what with Jeter and Matsui showing so well on your team?

Kilkenny why ?

I still have no respect for the yankees, trying to get rid of the pair but no takers. Having to bite my lip and be a small bit professional about the whole thing.

The thing that disappoints me and it was the same with the football is that half the lads who sign up are not active players. I would prefer to have say 10 active teams. Would be better I think anyway.

Regarding the nfl. I usually play the nfl.com fantasy game, Is quality, 12 teams max, 3 divisions of 4. anyone else ever play this one ?

*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

heganboy

i'll trade you for matsui or jeter- any (non yankees) on my list you fancy?

Oraisteach

Just wanted to know because you're as sly as a Kilkenny Cat  From the get-go, through my stupidity and your savvy, you've marmalized me.  There I was on draft day, die-hard Indians fan, perched ideally to nab Grady Sizemore, when all of a sudden you drop down in the draft and snatch him.  Good move.  Then, I watched Cliff Lee's remarkable resurgence, thought about taking him about midnight, but too tired put it off to the following morning only to find him in your pocket.  Dagnabit. To make matters worse, I then picked up Jay Bruce when he was in the minors, sat on him for ever, but when Keppinger got hurt, I figured the Reds would call up an infielder, not an outfielder, so I let him go, you grabbed him and now look at him.  And to add salt to the wounds, I chanced releasing an injured Josh Willingham, hoping no-one would notice, but guess what, there he is, a Loser.  Not a bit of wonder you're in first place.  But I wouldn't count out the Helmets or Res Dubs, who makes more moves than a gyrating go-go dancer.  And O'Neill's also appears to be a shrewd operator.

This is my first time playing fantasy baseball, and I have clearly made a few beginner's gaffes, but I enjoy it despite the less than 100% participation, though it does take a heck of a lot more time than fantasy football.

I play the ESPN football.  It's not bad, but I've nothing to compare it to.  I'd like to get in on the football when it begins.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

heganboy

ONeill

4 in contention for the last play off place. 2 on 112 and 2 on 111.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rdw

Poor Tom shot his load.

a Miinor placing this year.

Its the Hitmen v the Res dubs in the final.

heganboy

congrats to the hitmen, beat me 7-4 didnt even realize the game was on this week, might explain the 2 non playing members of my team, but thats how it goes.

rdw

Quote from: heganboy on September 15, 2008, 04:18:46 PM
congrats to the hitmen, beat me 7-4 didnt even realize the game was on this week, might explain the 2 non playing members of my team, but thats how it goes.

Was convinced you were going to get me in the final and get revenge for last years semi's. Not to be this time.

rdw

Hard luck XMG

Another tight one in the end 6-5 to me.

Looking forward to next year.

bombidal

the game is flawed, next year I motion one can only set the lineup once a week for the whole week. Should take away the advantage the sad bastards whom are adding and dropping pitchers every few days.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

rdw

Quote from: bombidal on September 29, 2008, 02:57:59 PM
the game is flawed, next year I motion one can only set the lineup once a week for the whole week. Should take away the advantage the sad b**tards whom are adding and dropping pitchers every few days.
Don't blame the people who play the game that. If that option is available I sugggest there is a weekly limit of transfers.

If we're going down that root. There should at least two more roster spots for pitchers.