Previous topic - Next topic

Preferred Draft Date/Time

Today afternoon
Wednesday afternoon
Thursday afternoon
Friday afternoon
Monday afternoon

heganboy

nightmare - no.2 pick. the pressure, at least there's no argument about number 1....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

don't tell me I got David Wright with the #1 pick?

AZOffaly

heganboy

AZOffaly

Well lads, the draft is over. Well done to anyone who stuck it out, but it was quicker than normal. Thanks to those who set their 'I'm away' buttons when necessary. Gab Hurl sensationally passed on A-Rod with the first pick. The full draft results are here...

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/133297/draftresults?drafttab=round

Because we missed the two games in Tokyo, our league will start scoring on Week 2, which is April 7th onwards.

Good luck to everyone...

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't know what happened - I was expecting getting a 6th or 7th pick - more fool me  :( :'( :'(

bombidal

I hate the yankees so I have put Jeter on the trading block for whomever is interested. SP required. Any offer with a met involved always welcome.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Oraisteach

OK, you aficionados, how exactly is a win determined in this league? 

AZOffaly

Each week you are actually playing 11 games against your opponent. You can 'win' each stat category individually. For example, if you are playing me, and your combined batting average over the week is .376 whereas mine is .275, then you win that category. If I win 'Saves' and 'Wins' then thats 2 wins for me, and so on and so forth. At the end of the week the amount of categories you win, and the amount you lose are added together to give you your record for the week. (11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 6-5 or whatever).

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 28, 2008, 06:43:07 PM
OK, you aficionados, how exactly is a win determined in this league? 

There is a point awarded for whoever has the best score in each stat section for that week. There's 11 points up for grabs in each game every week

e.g - if my team scores 10 runs in total between all the players and his team scores 9 - then I get 1 point for that section. If his total pitching ERA is lower than mine - then he gets the point in that section and so on. I think the point is shared if both teams have the same score in that section

EDIT: AZ beat me to it

Oraisteach

Thank you both.  What, do you find, is the key to success in your experience.

AZOffaly

I find playing against me is a very good help. Apart from that, i haven't a clue :D

Seriously though, there are a few stats that are almost double ups. If you have a very good contact hitter, but don't hit that many home runs, the chances are you will do well on average, runs scored and RBI. A home run hitter will generally rack up good scores (every HR counts in 3 categories, runs scored, RBI and HR). HR hitters can also walk a lot. but they also tend to strike out a bit, which affects their AVG.

In terms of pitching, a low ERA will generally point to a good pitcher, regardless of his W-L record. Low ERA generally means low walks (BB) and also may give a decent strikeout count (K). A weak pitcher can really hurt you, as a bad performance can blow the team's ERA stat.

In general there's no rocket science to this. Keep an eye on who's playing and on what days, and try and get as many of your roster positions filled as you can. Then hope for the best :)

Oraisteach

More questions.  Where are the league standings posted, and does anyone have last year's standings?  I feel an addiction coming on.

heganboy

bombidal- what are your views on delgado for jeter, a nice subway series trade?