How rotten can this get? Was Ian the Patsy?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, February 21, 2008, 09:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

From the BBC website - not only does Gregory Campbell (a man named after 13 Popes by the way) pay rent (ie taxpayers' money) to his wife, who owns the property in which his office is located, but it just gets worse and worse!!! Nepotism?  Bob's your Uncle? -  I call it corruption, plain and simple! Fair? an absolute disgrace and they are all lining their pockets. It's like giving machine guns to monkeys!   :o And not an RC about the place..

A total of 81 family members are employed by the DUP.
:o
DUP representatives who employ family members:

Gregory Campbell, wife (full-time);

Nigel Dodds, wife (full-time) and son (part-time);

Jeffrey Donaldson, wife (part-time);

William Hay, son-in-law (full-time);

William Irwin, daughter (full-time);

Nelson McCausland, nephew (part-time);

Ian McCrea, wife, (part-time);

William McCrea, son and daughter (full-time);

Michelle McIlveen, brother (full-time);

Adrian McQuillan, sister-in-law (full-time);

Maurice Morrow, sister-in-law (full-time);

Robin Newton, wife (full-time) and son (part-time);

Edwin Poots, wife (part-time);

Ian Paisley Snr, son (part-time) and two daughters (full-time);

George Robinson, son (full-time) and nephew (part-time);

Iris Robinson, son (full-time) and daughter-in-law (part-time);

Peter Robinson, son (full-time) and daughter (full-time);

Jimmy Spratt, wife (part-time);

Jim Wells, daughter (part-time).

ziggysego

I had to laugh when I was watching UTV tonight.

Poots was in the studio talking about the Maze / Long Kesh Stadium. At the end of the interview, Paul Clarke spoke a little about the families on the DUP payroll. Poots said it was ok as long as everything was above board and correct.

Then Paul said that Poots must be relieved not to be on the list of 18 DUP MLAs. Poots went red and muttered "I am" and Paul said, "Oh, you're number 19?".  :D
Testing Accessibility

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ziggysego

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 21, 2008, 10:44:02 PM
They're all at it.  No doubt.

Yeah.

Sinn Fein - 2
UUP - 10
SDLP - 2
Alliance - 4
DUP - 19

These are the correct numbers as far as I'm aware.

The differences with the DUP, they were forced to reveal these figures, whereas the rest of the parties revealed them straight away.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 21, 2008, 10:44:02 PM
They're all at it.  No doubt.

Yeah.

Sinn Fein - 2
UUP - 10
SDLP - 2
Alliance - 4
DUP - 19

These are the correct numbers as far as I'm aware.

The differences with the DUP, they were forced to reveal these figures, whereas the rest of the parties revealed them straight away.

You're having a laugh Ziggy. Sure have a look here:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6664.0

Let's not forget about Billy:

http://sluggerotoole.com/index.php/weblog/comments/mla-claimed-rent-expenses-for-office-built-on-his-farm/

ziggysego

Donagh, I'm only talking about in reference to the numbers of MLAs relatives getting a wage, coupled with the fact they were resistant to disclose this information, unlike the other parties.

However yes, Ian Og is a different kettle of fish altogether. He was always going to be caught out, I just didn't think it was be when Daddy was still the 'top dog'.  :D
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

My apologises. Didn't read the entire thread.
Testing Accessibility

Hurler on the Bitch

I'm not? being cynical - BUT - if this is the way that the DUP and the UUP get on when in public life... add to that the Orange Order and the Black Men ... then throw into the mix the Freemasons ... and ask yourself ... what sort of a sick society is this when the back-scratching is plain for all to see......................? Feck me but the Sinners and the Stoops are fooling themselves if they think that this rotten statelet is reformable... (Corrupt Bertie Ahearn included) ..... Just makes me sick to think that the DUP hold themselves as some sort of moral party .. I mean .. you pay a member of your family - at least - 12,000 a year .. what controls are there on the amount of work they do... ? May Ireland's Dead Rise Up and Curse them all............................................................................ Stormont Assembly???? How many people in the 'slums' are gettin a peace dividend? No lack of suicides! no reduction of people on anti-depressants!!! No reduction in crime!!! The politicians are all guilty  - up there in a powerless sham !! The process is called EMBOURGEOISEMENT - they are all becoming middle-class at the expense of the people who really had to endure the Troubles.. Disgrace..

ziggysego

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on February 21, 2008, 11:10:40 PM
I'm not? being cynical - BUT - if this is the way that the DUP and the UUP get on when in public life... add to that the Orange Order and the Black Men ... then throw into the mix the Freemasons ... and ask yourself ... what sort of a sick society is this when the back-scratching is plain for all to see......................? Feck me butthe Sinners and teh Stops are fooling themselves ifthey think that this rotten statelet is reformable... (Bertie Ahearn included) ..... Just makes me sick to think that the DUP hold themselves as some sort of moral party .. I mean .. you pay a member of your family 12,000 a year .. what controls are there on the amount of worktehy do... ? May Ireland's Dead Rise Up and Curse them all............................................................................ Stormont Assembly???? How many people in the 'slums' are gettin a peace dividend? No lack of suicides! no reduction of people on anti-depresants!!! No reduction in crime!!! They are all guilty!! The process is called EMBOURGEOISEMENT - they are all becoming middle-class at the expense of the people who really had to endure the Troubles.. Disgrace..

Hopefully their working class voters will finally wake up and see that the DUP for what the rest of them see them for, bigots feathering their own pockets. I just hope that they don't voting for the Traditional Unionist Voice, which is my fear.
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

The Shinners are just as bad as the DUP or the UUP.  They appointed their own morons without advertising a single job.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 11:15:22 PM
I'm not? being cynical - BUT - if this is the way that the DUP and the UUP get on when in public life... add to that the Orange Order and the Black Men ... then throw into the mix the Freemasons ... and ask yourself ... what sort of a sick society is this when the back-scratching is plain for all to see......................? Feck me butthe Sinners and teh Stops are fooling themselves ifthey think that this rotten statelet is reformable... (Bertie Ahearn included) ..... Just makes me sick to think that the DUP hold themselves as some sort of moral party .. I mean .. you pay a member of your family 12,000 a year .. what controls are there on the amount of worktehy do... ? May Ireland's Dead Rise Up and Curse them all............................................................................ Stormont Assembly???? How many people in the 'slums' are gettin a peace dividend? No lack of suicides! no reduction of people on anti-depresants!!! No reduction in crime!!! They are all guilty!! The process is called EMBOURGEOISEMENT - they are all becoming middle-class at the expense of the people who really had to endure the Troubles.. Disgrace..

Hopefully their working class voters will finally wake up and see that the DUP for what the rest of them see them for, bigots feathering their own pockets. I just hope that they don't voting for the Traditional Unionist Voice, which is my fear.

All well and good but .... they said that the old Stormont met for three hours a day, three days a week, three weeks a month for three months a year!!! The same old, same old. What are these people paid for? A fecking powerless waste of time and energy. Thankfully I am not a member of Sinn Fein or I would be labelled an 'extremist'or a 'dinosaur' but the fact is that there are a lot of people turning in their graves.... Unionism - from its fur coat top, to its soiled nylon underware, is corrupt and unreformable... This Stormont thing is scandalous!!!!

GweylTah

Opening this can-of-worms is long-overdue, voting on their own pay, expenses generally, SF-recuited taxi drivers masquerading as ministerial drivers, where does the list end?

ziggysego

Quote from: GweylTah on February 21, 2008, 11:25:58 PM
where does the list end?

I'm sure they'd like to see a Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People ;)
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

I'm not? being cynical - BUT - if this is the way that the DUP and the UUP get on when in public life... add to that the Orange Order and the Black Men ... then throw into the mix the Freemasons ... and ask yourself ... what sort of a sick society is this when the back-scratching is plain for all to see......................? Feck me but the Sinners and the Stoops are fooling themselves if they think that this rotten statelet is reformable... (Corrupt Bertie Ahearn included) ..... Just makes me sick to think that the DUP hold themselves as some sort of moral party .. I mean .. you pay a member of your family - at least - 12,000 a year .. what controls are there on the amount of work they do... ? May Ireland's Dead Rise Up and Curse them all............................................................................ Stormont Assembly???? How many people in the 'slums' are gettin a peace dividend? No lack of suicides! no reduction of people on anti-depressants!!! No reduction in crime!!! The politicians are all guilty  - up there in a powerless sham !! The process is called EMBOURGEOISEMENT - they are all becoming middle-class at the expense of the people who really had to endure the Troubles.. Disgrace..

Watch yerself Hurler, Armagh A booh booh will have you down as a bigot  :o

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: GweylTah on February 21, 2008, 11:25:58 PM
Opening this can-of-worms is long-overdue, voting on their own pay, expenses generally, SF-recuited taxi drivers masquerading as ministerial drivers, where does the list end?

Call the thought police... the Sinners are not innocent... fecking Adams being driven about by a guy who was feeding all back to the Brits.... then Scap ... then Donaldson....... Jesus, Mary and St Joseph........... in a real political party the main man would be requested to resign after such shite... but not in the Sinners - more democracy in a Stormont Parliament - 1922-1972................................ too many houses in Donegal if you ask me ... etc etc ... May Ireland's Dead ... Bobby Sands said that the revenge would be in the 'laughter of our children' ... more like the revenge will be in the screech of joyriders as the Sinners slept in Donegal!!!!!!!!!! Notice I do not put a H in S - H - inners.. Wonder Why?